The Student Room Group

Any INFPs in the house?

I just did the Meyer-Briggs personality test and as Green Day once put, apparently I'm "neurotic to the bone, no doubt about it!" Although it says 'Idealist', I'm not very reassured. I thought I was an INTP at least. In fact I'm somewhat ashamed to share this revelation with anyone irl, such is the level of neurosis associated with this.

So is anyone from TSR an INFP?

Scroll to see replies

Yes! I took an online personality test at the weekend and I was found to be an INFP. At first I didn't think that was accurate, but I did some more research into the INFP personality type and found out that many aspire to be psychologists or psychiatrists, the exact career paths I was focused on before the summer. Weird!
Reply 2
I am INFP. I am also largely ENFP, and somewhat ESFP depending on the test I take.

A single website page is never going to fully describe who you are. What's wrong with INFP anyway? :lol:
Reply 3
Original post by callmehannah
Yes! I took an online personality test at the weekend and I was found to be an INFP. At first I didn't think that was accurate, but I did some more research into the INFP personality type and found out that many aspire to be psychologists or psychiatrists, the exact career paths I was focused on before the summer. Weird!

Sweet! I have been curious about psychology for a long long time :smile: welcome!
Reply 4
Original post by Another
I am INFP. I am also largely ENFP, and somewhat ESFP depending on the test I take.

A single website page is never going to fully describe who you are. What's wrong with INFP anyway? :lol:

This is true…I have roughly

Honestly perhaps nothing…I didn't know until recently much about it! My scores came out as incredibly introverted though.
I'm an INFP. I find the description fits me perfectly
Original post by Riku

Honestly perhaps nothing…I didn't know until recently much about it! My scores came out as incredibly introverted though.

I'm about 82 out of 100 on the introverted thing
Reply 7
Original post by Riku

I see - my scores always show 1% into the Introvert or Extrovert scales... I'm probably neither. Or both.

INFP is a beautiful thing, as long as you stay 100% motivated to achieve your goals.
I'm an INFP too :smile: the descriptions suit me perfectly and doing the test made me discover something about myself

It also said a good career for me is research science, something I actually want to do :biggrin:

Plus, Shakespeare, John Lennon, Audrey Hepburn, George RR Martin, George Orwell and C S Lewis are all INFPs :F so was Princess Diana!

(We have the great people :wink:)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by enaayrah
I'm an INFP too :smile: the descriptions suit me perfectly and doing the test made me discover something about myself

It also said a good career for me is research science, something I actuallywant to do :biggrin:

Plus, Shakespeare, John Lennon, Audrey Hepburn, George RR Martin, George Orwell and C S Lewis are all INFPs :F so was Princess Diana!

(We have the great people :wink:)

I've noticed that a lot of people I look up to are INFPs which is an ego boost if ever there was one :awesome:
What the hell is an INFP and ENFP?

After googling what it is I'm convinced that people who use these terms to describe themselves are people with too much time on their hands.

:lol:
Original post by Marky Mark

After googling what it is I'm convinced that people who use these terms to describe themselves are people with too much time on their hands.

They're myers briggs types, the test takes like 5 minutes. I find it interesting

They're one of sixteen different personality types as developed my Myers-Briggs. As a psychology student, I find it interesting to know what my personality type is and how I can use it achieve my goals.
I don't really believe in it, but I got INTJ
Reply 14
Original post by yo radical one
I don't really believe in it, but I got INTJ

I am also INTJ.
Original post by callmehannah
They're one of sixteen different personality types as developed my Myers-Briggs. As a psychology student, I find it interesting to know what my personality type is and how I can use it achieve my goals.

Sorry but to me it looks like a load of self-serving hogwash. I'm sure some elements of it are true but people who want a certain label will get it by answering in a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
They're myers briggs types, the test takes like 5 minutes. I find it interesting

What's so interesting about it?

I find this obsession with compartmentalising by labelling ourselves quite strange and creepy tbh.
Sometimes I give myself the creeps. :colone: INTJ here. :u:
Original post by miser
I am also INTJ.

When I Googled it, apparently a load of serial killers and generally ****ty people get that one

Spoiler

Reply 18
Original post by yo radical one
When I Googled it, apparently a load of serial killers and generally ****ty people get that one

Spoiler

That explains all those corpses in the cupboard. :eek:

INTJs are often scientists too. :smile:
Sorry but to me it looks like a load of self-serving hogwash. I'm sure some elements of it are true but people who want a certain label will get it by answering in a self-fulfilling prophecy.

What's so interesting about it?

I find this obsession with compartmentalising by labelling ourselves quite strange and creepy tbh.

I find people interesting and it's fascinating what drives them :awesome:

Quick Reply

Latest