The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dortmund still have some decent attackers don't they? Who do they actually have out?
Original post by Fizzel
Dortmund still have some decent attackers don't they? Who do they actually have out?

Yeah, they did some pretty smart business in the window, Reus is out I think, the new signings will take a while to gel I think, an Arsenal win as much as it hurts to say, but Dortmund to top the group.:biggrin:
Original post by Fizzel

Reus, Sahin and Gundogan. Kuba is lacking match fitness and so is Hummels but they can still put a good team on with the likes of asian shirt sales, Miktharyan and with Aubameyang to come off the bench.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel

Blaszczykowski
Hummels
Dong-Won Ji
Sahin
Reus
Gündogan
Oliver Kirch

I just know Kagawa is gunna do a madness tonite.
Original post by jam278
Reus, Sahin and Gundogan. Kuba is lacking match fitness and so is Hummels but they can still put a good team on with the likes of asian shirt sales, Miktharyan and with Aubameyang to come off the bench.
I didn't know Immobile was out.
Original post by Fizzel

Apparently Reus, Blaszczykowski, Sahin, Gundogan and Hummels are out - there may be others.

Aubameyang
Grosskreutz Kagawa Mkhitaryan
Bender Kehl
Schmelzer Subotic Papastathopoulos Pizcek
Wiedenfeller

Haven't followed BVB over the summer or since the start of the season - so here's my complete guess of a starting XI. It's still not a bad side.

:rolleyes:
Original post by Fizzel
I didn't know Immobile was out.

Pretty much every match lineup is posting Ramos to start. Immobile got injured against Norway so may not be fully match fit. May be on the bench tonight.
Original post by Stalin
Apparently Reus, Blaszczykowski, Sahin, Gundogan and Hummels are out - there may be others.

Aubameyang
Grosskreutz Kagawa Mkhitaryan
Bender Kehl
Schmelzer Subotic Papastathopoulos Pizcek
Wiedenfeller

Haven't followed BVB over the summer or since the start of the season - so here's my complete guess of a starting XI. It's still not a bad side.

:rolleyes:

Durm is starting for them now and Ramos is a striker who did pretty well last season. Aubameyang will come on at some point.

Can't wait for this game. The clock is just ticking, wish Pool got Madrid in their first match.
Original post by jam278
Durm is starting for them now and Ramos is a striker who did pretty well last season. Aubameyang will come on at some point.

They're gonna need Aubameyang's pace. I'm pretty confident that the three behind the striker will be Grosskreutz, Kagawa and Mkhtirayan, though.

Can't wait for this game. The clock is just ticking, wish Pool got Madrid in their first match.

I quite like the fact that they got the 'weakest' team first, and at Anfield. Hopefully there's an upset, because they have Basel away and Real at home after that.
Ramos to get at least one tonight. Very underrated player tbh.
Reply 8970
Original post by Stalin
They're gonna need Aubameyang's pace. I'm pretty confident that the three behind the striker will be Grosskreutz, Kagawa and Mkhtirayan, though.

Ramos has quite good pace himself, he was the reason why Hertha's counter football worked so well last season. He also contributes much more defensively than Aubameyang and fits BVB's pressing better, so it makes sense to start him and bring on Auba later on to add some extra threat.
Original post by qua
Ramos has quite good pace himself, he was the reason why Hertha's counter football worked so well last season. He also contributes much more defensively than Aubameyang and fits BVB's pressing better, so it makes sense to start him and bring on Auba later on to add some extra threat.

What's your team prediction?

And do you know who's actually injured? All we have is rumours.
Original post by jam278
Pretty much every match lineup is posting Ramos to start. Immobile got injured against Norway so may not be fully match fit. May be on the bench tonight.
Yeah, he played the end of their last match, so I figured he was fit. Point being, Dortmund although weakened are hardly experiencing the same crisis that Arsenal have at the back. They still have an abundance of attacking options, they aren't going to be impotent going forward as some seemed to be suggesting.
Bellerin starts apparently. Slightly fearful cause he doesn't look up to scratch defensively but we need to play more conservatively in big away games. I'm not saying play to stop the opposition but fullbacks shouldn't be allowed to go past the halfway line and Arteta should sit just infront imo. There's enough pace and attacking quality in Ozil, Welbz, Ramsey, Jack and Alexis to effectively hit them on the counter.

I think Welbeck, Ramsey and Alexis workrate could be vital here we need to match Dortmund intensity
Reply 8974
Original post by sevchenko
Bellerin starts apparently. Slightly fearful cause he doesn't look up to scratch defensively but we need to play more conservatively in big away games. I'm not saying play to stop the opposition but fullbacks shouldn't be allowed to go past the halfway line and Arteta should sit just infront imo. There's enough pace and attacking quality in Ozil, Welbz, Ramsey, Jack and Alexis to effectively hit them on the counter.

I think Welbeck, Ramsey and Alexis workrate could be vital here we need to match Dortmund intensity

Exactly this. It's Ramsey's work rate that got him the winning goal last year

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410886486.704700.jpg
Bellerin is definitely starting as RB tonight, as confirmed on twitter by our 3rd choice GK Martinez:

https://twitter.com/emimartinezz1/status/511909166659948544
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8976
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Bellerin is definitely starting as RB tonight, as confirmed on twitter by our 3rd choice GK Martinez:

https://twitter.com/emimartinezz1/status/511909166659948544

Do you know, at first glance I thought you said Martinez is starting too •_•
Original post by SHOO
Do you know, at first glance I thought you said Martinez is starting too •_•

:lol: Can see what you mean! If that happened then I know Venga's trolling.
Original post by SHOO
Exactly this. It's Ramsey's work rate that got him the winning goal last year

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410886486.704700.jpg

Scenes when Rambo scored. We were getting peppered with Dortmund attacks all game.

Giroud and Ozil instrumental in that goal. Giroud-Rambo link up so under appreciated
Reply 8979
For all this hype about our injury crisis, Dortmund's is even worse lol

Latest