The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stickman
Wait I'm confused. Do uni 1st years apply for SW or the 2nd years? Isn't it a bit too early to apply if you've just started uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

1st years if you're in a 3 year course and 2nd years for 4 year course.
Original post by yl95
1st years if you're in a 3 year course and 2nd years for 4 year course.

Right cheers for that. So I'm doing a 4 yr course so essentially this year I should just be focusing on racking up those ECs and getting a decent first year grade basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Right cheers for that. So I'm doing a 4 yr course so essentially this year I should just be focusing on racking up those ECs and getting a decent first year grade basically?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, that would be a good plan, yes. Are you going to Bright Network tomorrow?
Original post by yl95
Haha, that would be a good plan, yes. Are you going to Bright Network tomorrow?

Yes I am. It said that anyone can come and I live in London so why not. Are you applying for SW this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Yes I am. It said that anyone can come and I live in London so why not. Are you applying for SW this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably will be applying for SWs, although I'm unsure as to whether I want to do 4 years. Afternoon session or morning? You may see me at the Festival, haha.
Original post by yl95
I probably will be applying for SWs, although I'm unsure as to whether I want to do 4 years. Afternoon session or morning? You may see me at the Festival, haha.

Oh I see. I'm in the afternoon session. I might but I'm not going to recognise you lol.
Would anyone know if there are any places at all that accept 2nd year students on a 4-year course for summer internships or like, " yl95 " said above, should I just be looking at the Spring Weeks?
So. Many. People.

Great day nonetheless! I hope you guys got something out of it :smile:
Anyone secure their spring week?
Original post by Selym95
Anyone secure their spring week?

What, through bright? say whaa?
Anyone feel like RBS app is waste of time? having to write cl and talent q and comp q and then ac if you pass, seems ridiculous
Original post by welcometoib

Lmao, took the words right out of my mouth

Haha, 'SECURE YOUR SPRING WEEK' was their advertising slogan for the event, written in large capital letters. Merely following up to see how many SW offers everyone got from attending :wink:
Original post by Selym95
Haha, 'SECURE YOUR SPRING WEEK' was their advertising slogan for the event, written in large capital letters. Merely following up to see how many SW offers everyone got from attending :wink:

6 :cute: including 4 summer internships and 2 grad offers.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Nice one. A mate of mine only ended up with a CS FO graduate offer and seemed pretty upset. Said he wouldn't be recommending Bright Network to anyone after that experience
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Selym95
Nice one. A mate of mine only ended up with a CS FO graduate offer and seemed pretty upset. Said he wouldn't be recommending Bright Network to anyone after that experience

He probably didn't network hard enough.
Reply 836
I think it was a good event. Not great, but definitely worth attending; and yeah this "secure your spring week" is absolutely 100% bull****, although if you do come off as likeable by the reps you talk to and follow up, it might seriously increase your chances for an interview (I guess).
It was good but v. crowded. Bumped into quite a few people I know! :l Lol @ securing your SW, though.
I wonder if any of us saw each other. :l
Original post by Abdul-Karim

wow, two offered you a auto conversion from internship to grad based on just a two min chat on life? impressive for a non uni starter yet!
wow, two offered you a auto conversion from internship to grad based on just a two min chat on life? impressive for a non uni starter yet!

Offered me a company car as well + 12 weeks paid holiday/annum :dontknow:

Latest

Trending

Trending