The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9240
my bad its 2W 4D 1L

and they said United were having a terrible season:rolleyes:
C'mon Klopp, come to Arsenal.
Original post by Arkasia
Oh please, Dortmund were brilliant tonight. Yes, we were rubbish, but even if we were playing properly I don't think we could have won.
Dortmund were in no way brilliant, and you shouldn't have lost. Both their goals were avoidable, and you had multiple chances to score. You should have set up with the aim of not losing.
Joel Campbell anyone?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9244
Original post by swarly
my bad its 2W 4D 1L

and they said United were having a terrible season:rolleyes:

United have played Swansea, Sunderland, MK dons, Burnley & QPR.

Arsenal have played Palace, Everton, Leicester, City & Dourtmond.

United are indeed having a terrible season.
Reply 9245
Original post by qwerty_mad
Joel Campbell anyone?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah wdf is up with that? Where is he?
This might be easy to say now but I bet Giroud would have scored one of those chances Welbeck got. There I said it. Come at me.
Seriously though, it's time to move on from this 4-1-4-1 nonsense. Go back to 4-2-3-1 (Wilshere took a knock, maybe an injury to him could be a blessing in disguise) or go for the diamond; Welbeck and Sanchez as inside forwards with Ozil back in his favoured positions. There are too many downsides to the current formation.
Reply 9248
Original post by SHOO
United have played Swansea, Sunderland, MK dons, Burnley & QPR.

Arsenal have played Palace, Everton, Leicester, City & Dourtmond.

United are indeed having a terrible season.

why did you leave out Besitkas of that list?

They are one point behind you, with a much more capable squad. 4th place trophy is theirs to win imo.
Original post by So Instinct
Lol I'm gonna let you work this one out.

Right...
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
This might be easy to say now but I bet Giroud would have scored one of those chances Welbeck got. There I said it. Come at me.

Maybe the one where Gibbs(?) played it in from the left flank and Welbeck was like four yards out but missed the ball. He wouldn't have been able to get in those positions for the other chances.
If the Premier League weren't all about money, which team would have been most successful?
Original post by Fizzel
Dortmund were in no way brilliant, and you shouldn't have lost. Both their goals were avoidable, and you had multiple chances to score. You should have set up with the aim of not losing.

David Moyes is that you?

Setting up not to lose isn't not how we play and I hope it's never how we play, I'd rather we played more a more conservative counter attacking game.

Dortmund were great today and Arsenal incredibly poor. A common trend with Wenger at the helm. Arsenal couldn't match their energy or catch up to their tempo. We're not equipped to beat these top sides sadly.

Wenger has to live by his decisions he's assembled a poor team. Judge in May I guess
Reply 9254
Original post by swarly
why did you leave out Besitkas of that list?

They are one point behind you, with a much more capable squad. 4th place trophy is theirs to win imo.

The race for fourth is gonna be ****ed this season lolol
Original post by SHOO
Yeah wdf is up with that? Where is he?

On the bench. Wenger seems to have little faith in him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by swarly

Yes, but are United going to get points off Everton away and City at home? I've seen nothing to indicate that we will.

Will Arsenal get maximum points from Swansea at home and Burnley away? I'd bet my house on it.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Maybe the one where Gibbs(?) played it in from the left flank and Welbeck was like four yards out but missed the ball. He wouldn't have been able to get in those positions for the other chances.

Yeah. That chance was actually quite similar to one Giroud got last season, couldn't have hit the roof of the net harder.
Original post by shawn_o1
And who do you replace him with?

Anyone who has a plan b. and doesn't panic buy. Wellbeck.....we could have had higuan a few seasons back if wenger wasn't a stingy ****
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Seriously though, it's time to move on from this 4-1-4-1 nonsense. Go back to 4-2-3-1 (Wilshere took a knock, maybe an injury to him could be a blessing in disguise) or go for the diamond; Welbeck and Sanchez as inside forwards with Ozil back in his favoured positions. There are too many downsides to the current formation.

If AW is committed to playing 4-1-4-1 he has to drop Ozil. If AW is committed to playing Ozil he has to drop 4-1-4-1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest