The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by So Instinct
Should be the auto response when he tries to post in this thread.

It was amusing how another United fan called him up on saying it was a "dodgy penalty" xD
Can't wait for the Madrid game, they are going to **** us up big time xD
I won't lie. I'd much rather stumble across the line against Ludogorets than be watching the Champions League as a ****ing neutral. The day you're out of the Champions League will probably be my favourite non-United event of the season. So, just be quick about it will ya.
You guys should remember that we played like this when we didn't have both our first team strikers fit this time last year, it was a slow and toothless start then too.
I don't think it's worth fretting too much about these type of performances until Sturridge is back and the team settles a bit.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
You guys should remember that we played like this when we didn't have both our first team strikers fit this time last year, it was a slow and toothless start then too.
I don't think it's worth fretting too much about these type of performances until Sturridge is back and the team settles a bit.

True, but Hodgson is just gonna get him injured after every international break, Sterling may go down with him. We need to learn to adapt without Sturridge.
Original post by sr90
You've been quoting my posts with GIFs after every United loss for the past two years.

Lol'd. Come on, there's a difference between posting a gif for laughs compared to going into your thread making snide comments after every match. The United fans on this site love me.
Original post by Deshi
The United fans on this site love me.

All these united fans slating Liverpool but we aren't the team that lost 4-0 against MK dons...
Original post by manchesterunited15

Original post by Deshi
Lol'd. Come on, there's a difference between posting a gif for laughs compared to going into your thread making snide comments after every match. The United fans on this site love me.

Neg'd
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Neg'd

I like how United fans are already writing our signings off but one good performance against a dire QPR side and suddenly their own signings are amazing? (Excluding Di Maria and Falcao of course). Lallana probably looks a flop but I will give him a couple more games to get his form and fitness back. Happy with Manquillo and Moreno. Markovic was always going to be too raw so I wasn't expecting much from him but I'll put him with Lallana.

I'm not sure on Lovren tbh, even though Mignolet screwed up, he didn't deal with the pass that lead to the Ludogorets goal. He also didn't mark Senderos for Villa's goal. He looks solid apart from those mistakes but as a CB you cannot afford to make those mistakes.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Neg'd

Original post by Deshi

PRSOM.
Original post by samir12
I like how United fans are already writing our signings off but one good performance against a dire QPR side and suddenly their own signings are amazing? (Excluding Di Maria and Falcao of course). Lallana probably looks a flop but I will give him a couple more games to get his form and fitness back. Happy with Manquillo and Moreno. Markovic was always going to be too raw so I wasn't expecting much from him but I'll put him with Lallana.

I'm not sure on Lovren tbh, even though Mignolet screwed up, he didn't deal with the pass that lead to the Ludogorets goal. He also didn't mark Senderos for Villa's goal. He looks solid apart from those mistakes but as a CB you cannot afford to make those mistakes.

The only player I'm writing off is Lallana but maybe im being harsh and predicting his downfall waay too early. Moreno is a beast and Manquillo looks defensively sound. Markovic is raw as you've said and you cant really expect him to do much this season. Lovren seems shaky at the back at time and he's another im unsure about. The jury is still out for Balotelli since the team is adapting to his movement and I'll judge him after a few more games.
Probs not a great performance but a win is a win. Think Real would smash us if we play like that tbh. Basel probs would have won too.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
The only player I'm writing off is Lallana but maybe im being harsh and predicting his downfall waay too early. Moreno is a beast and Manquillo looks defensively sound. Markovic is raw as you've said and you cant really expect him to do much this season. Lovren seems shaky at the back at time and he's another im unsure about. The jury is still out for Balotelli since the team is adapting to his movement and I'll judge him after a few more games.

I agree with your post, it was a shame Lallana got injured in preseason so he was always going to have a tough start. Balotelli got his first goal so hopefully that will give him confidence to score more, he will play better with Sturridge imo.
Wasn't a great game tbh but better than the Villa game at least we pressed today and had periods of intensity/attacking play.

What's going on with Coutinho? During preseason he was doing really well and I was excited to watch him play this season but so far his passing hasn't been good at all and he just passes the game by. He really needs to up his game and improve his passing accuracy because he has the talent and vision to do well. It's been incredibly frustrating for me to watch him this season and half the time I forget he's on the pitch.

I think everyone is being harsh on Lallana, do remember he just came back from a injury and hasn't had long to train with the squad. I'm not surprised Lallana didn't have a good game since he is lacking match fitness and is still a bit rusty but no doubt he'll improve over the coming weeks once he develops an understanding with our attack.

I don't understand half the decisions Mignolet makes, like wtf why was he out so quick to collect the ball?! He should have left the defenders to deal with it and stay on his line but no he makes a rash run and Ludogorets score. If he keeps doing stupid **** like that he'll be replaced soon enough. Hopefully we get Valdes soon and he provides good competition for Mignolet.

Balotelli did alright, he barely got any full chances to score but he took his goal very well. I'm glad he got his first goal out of the way, hopefully he has less pressure on himself and can keep scoring for us. I can't wait till Sturridge is back so he can develop a proper partnership with Balotelli, playing with one striker isn't the best way forward for us. It's much easier for opposition to defend against us and we have a hard time trying to break through.
Think Rodgers has actually been put into a position where he was forced to squeeze a lot of new signings into the starting line up, Flanagan, Allen and Sturridge all are injured and they are our usual starters so he unfortunately didn't have any choice.
Henderson was our best player tonight. Buzzed that he's VC. Will be the future captain if he keeps it up.

Quick Reply

Latest