The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abdul-Karim
Offered me a company car as well + 12 weeks paid holiday/annum :dontknow:

Whoa, how did you do that?!
Original post by yl95
Whoa, how did you do that?!

I sometimes don't know whether you're joking or being srs with your responses :K:
I sometimes don't know whether you're joking or being srs with your responses :K:

I'm being serious. :frown: I'm in awe. I know my sarcasm can kind of make it hard to tell, though. :l
Congrats, by the way!
Original post by yl95
I'm being serious. :frown: I'm in awe. I know my sarcasm can kind of make it hard to tell, though. :l
Congrats, by the way!

I weren't being serious :confused:

When I see your name I think "Imperial"

...when I think Imperial, I can't imagine the students having any sort of emotion or finding anything humorous.

...when I think Imperial, I can't imagine the students having any sort of emotion or finding anything humorous.

Omg I seriously thought someone had secured Spring Weeks through Bright Network and I was like "the ****?". Plus, I'm excused since I decided to wear heels today and walking around for 5 hours or so didn't turn out well for my feet...and I had no lunch.
Oh, and I'm tired.

LOL So mean! I know three people from my school who are going there and they're not your *typical* nerds. Nerds, yeah, academically, but can have a good time...and they have decent dress sense...

...but what you said is true for many people there. :frown:

youre getting reverse tricked :biggrin:
6 :cute: including 4 summer internships and 2 grad offers.

Haha good seeing you today, the HSBC guy you were talking to was pretty cool. He kindly gave me his email, and said he wouldn't mind checking my CV etc.

Did anyone speak to the head of recruitment for Lloyds by any chance?
Nice seeing the even male:female ratio at the IB talk in the afternoon. :wink:
Would be interesting to find out what % of people interested in IB aren't: white, male, privately educated or Asian.
(edited 9 years ago)
So so busy, like trying to get into those 'How to' sessions was beginning to get painful! Gained a lot of insight from the day nonetheless and hopefully gained a few contacts too. Everyone I was speaking to had barely done any research into the companies so hearing their responses in the workshops were fairly amusing. Just wish there was a bigger banking presence at the event today
Original post by yl95
Nice seeing the even male:female ratio at the IB talk in the afternoon. :wink:
Would be interesting to find out what % of people interested in IB aren't: white, male, privately educated or Asian.

A percentage of what though? i.e. A percentage of people measured against people of their own ethnic background?

A percentage taken in accordance to total applications received?
Original post by MathsNerd1
So so busy, like trying to get into those 'How to' sessions was beginning to get painful! Gained a lot of insight from the day nonetheless and hopefully gained a few contacts too. Everyone I was speaking to had barely done any research into the companies so hearing their responses in the workshops were fairly amusing. Just wish there was a bigger banking presence at the event today

Lol the guy I was standing next to at PwC was asking all sorts of questions about PwC and seemed to confuse it with the likes of McKinsey...

Original post by Kuchkuchhotahai
A percentage of what though? i.e. A percentage of people measured against people of their own ethnic background?

A percentage taken in accordance to total applications received?

In accordance to total applications received.
Original post by yl95
Lol the guy I was standing next to at PwC was asking all sorts of questions about PwC and seemed to confuse it with the likes of McKinsey...

The amount of generic questions I heard being asked was staggering! I decided to just not ask them instead of looking like someone who hasn't done enough research. I'm going to impress all of the banks that make campus visits :yep:
The amount of generic questions I heard being asked was staggering! I decided to just not ask them instead of looking like someone who hasn't done enough research. I'm going to impress all of the banks that make campus visits :yep:

Lol I asked so many generic questions at the start but managed to think of some others, thankfully...
Omg, banks don't come at Freshers', right? I do actually want to make friends...
Original post by yl95
Lol I asked so many generic questions at the start but managed to think of some others, thankfully...
Omg, banks don't come at Freshers', right? I do actually want to make friends...

Don't think so, the earliest seems to be around mid October for where I'm at.
Original post by yl95

I was going to do the same but decided not to and instead led on from what I heard others talking about and well that depends when your freshers week is, I've already got campus event starting from 29th of September all the way up to the start of November :yep:
Original post by Selym95
Don't think so, the earliest seems to be around mid October for where I'm at.

I was going to do the same but decided not to and instead led on from what I heard others talking about and well that depends when your freshers week is, I've already got campus event starting from 29th of September all the way up to the start of November :yep:

My Freshers starts on 4th October, haha. That's good, then!
I'm so awkward when other people are talking and there's no one else I can talk to so I'm kind of just waiting around until they all finish...
Original post by yl95
I'm so awkward when other people are talking and there's no one else I can talk to so I'm kind of just waiting around until they all finish...

My year would've started by then! I think I've already had Barclays at my university by that date too, so hopefully it'll help for when I send off my applications mid October
All that networking stuff and mentioning of keeping contact made me feel like we should have meets and stuff!

Spoiler

lol, that's nothing. My freshers finishes on the 12th of October :/
(edited 9 years ago)
My year would've started by then! I think I've already had Barclays at my university by that date too, so hopefully it'll help for when I send off my applications mid October

Ugh dreading the long questions. I was talking about this with my friend and we were saying that we aren't that worried about the psychometric testing -- it's more the 250 word answers that are worrying...

Original post by itssimplyme
All that networking stuff and mentioning of keeping contact made me feel like we should have meets and stuff!

Spoiler

Haha a meetup would be interesting...

Latest

Trending

Trending