The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
:yy: Thanks for the info. :smile: I do generally find that the MH mods have pretty good judgement when it comes to people causing trouble though, and it does sound like people got upset about what was said/how it was said.

Well I hope it was the way the poster went about posting their opinion that caused it to be binned, not the opinion itself. Absolutely nothing with the posters viewpoint on placebo's, SSRI's and the other groups of medication. Though I expect to be in the microscopic minority with this view.
Original post by Deyesy
Well I hope it was the way the poster went about posting their opinion that caused it to be binned, not the opinion itself. Absolutely nothing with the posters viewpoint on placebo's, SSRI's and the other groups of medication. Though I expect to be in the microscopic minority with this view.

It was the way it was said, and i think the fact he then went on to call panda stupid and some other stuff.
:hugs: Parents sign up for that kind of thing when they become parents! Honestly me and my sister have cost our parents a bucketload over the years, and occasionally it's pissed my mum or dad off a bit. But at the end of the day it's your family, and they want to help you. So accept the money, and just remember it a few years down the line when it's you that's better off and happier because of what your parents did for you. :smile:

i know, but just feel awful.
my nanny had given me money for this, and none of it has gone on graduation :sad:
Um, is anyone paying attention to me? I'm not a troll.
Original post by Deyesy
Well I hope it was the way the poster went about posting their opinion that caused it to be binned, not the opinion itself. Absolutely nothing with the posters viewpoint on placebo's and SSRI's. Though I expect to be in the microscopic minority with this view.

:dontknow: I've already attested to my belief in the power of the placebo. But although I think there's plenty of room for debate in this society (:colone:), coming in with the deliberate aim of provoking controversy definitely isn't on, and will lead to people POUNCING. :colone::colone::colone::tongue:

Original post by PandaWho
i know, but just feel awful.
my nanny had given me money for this, and none of it has gone on graduation :sad:

Trust me we've all been there, money has a habit of getting itself spent. :sadnod: Maybe you could ask your family to help you manage your money better in future, like get them to hold back an emergency fund for you that you pay into weekly or something?
Getting so upset about all my friends leaving for uni! I don't feel like i'll ever find friends as good as them :cry2:

Trust me we've all been there, money has a habit of getting itself spent. :sadnod:

No we haven't. I am very careful with my money.
Original post by .snowflake.
It was the way it was said, and i think the fact he then went on to call panda stupid and some other stuff.

If that is the case, I have no problem with it being binned. I just know users in here tend to jump on people's back if they post opinions which don't fit in with theirs.
Original post by lauraaaaa
Getting so upset about all my friends leaving for uni! I don't feel like i'll ever find friends as good as them :cry2:

Now now, there's hardly any need to think so naively.
Original post by .snowflake.

I have narcissistic personality disorder. By criticising the way I express myself you're being ableist.
Original post by Asexual Demigod
Um, is anyone paying attention to me? I'm not a troll.

I was going to humorously ignore this, but then I remembered that I think you owe Tillybop an apology. You owe Tillybop an apology.
Original post by Deyesy
If that is the case, I have no problem with it being binned. I just know users in here tend to jump on people's back if they post opinions which don't fit in with theirs.

was also the fact that they had their facts wrong, claiming that the main diagnostic tool in the UK was a HAM-D or something which i know i for one has never heard of
I have narcissistic personality disorder. By criticising the way I express myself you're being ableist.

They're talking about a different user, whose posts were removed earlier :yy:
Original post by Deyesy

I agree, tbh. I tend to hold back on debates etc here cause I see some things very differently to the norm, and know I will be pounced on for it.
Original post by lauraaaaa

You might do, you never know! And you can still go and visit them and skype and meet up in the holidays and things :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have a wolfish personality. By not ripping deserving people's throats out I show great restraint and am an example to others of how we can transcend our limitations. :h:
I was going to humorously ignore this, but then I remembered that I think you owe Tillybop an apology. You owe Tillybop an apology.

Oh please. I owe the world nothing. The world owes me a lot for what it has taken away from me. I won't apologise for what others have done to me, what they have turned me into. I just wanted to be loved and every time I reached out to others they treated me horrendously because of mental illness. It is others who should apologise to me and grovel at my feet for forgiveness.
I have a wolfish personality. By not ripping deserving people's throats out I show great restraint and am an example to others of how we can transcend our limitations. :h:

Don't you dare make light of a serious mental illness I suffer with that drives everyone I love away.It is no laughing matter.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest