The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
The penalty thing with you lots its really starting to grind on me, seriously. Might force me into creating some conspiracy theories you know.

I appreciate it, the last thing we need is wuming from other fans. Why kick us when we're already down. :smile:

Yeah I get you - it reminds me of the season when we came runners up to united.
The amount of 1-0 victories they had that year after scoring later than 85 minutes was absolutely ridiculous.
I still hate Macheda all these years later.

They were mainly legit goals (like our pens are mainly legit) but as an opposing fan it really annoyed me.

I don't see the point WUMming a team after losing away to a better team unless it's by 4 or more.
That's why I didn't understand people WUMming us after the city match... :P
Original post by swarly
I swear down he's played like 5 games of football in the past calendar year.

Yeah probably less tbh, back in full training before the end of September then probably hit some u21 games before some sub appearances. Mid October probably optimistic but reckon he'll make at least an appearance by then.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Walcott to be back mid October I reckon (back to full training in 2-3 weeks according to Wenger after the City game). **** i miss that boy.

how much do you think walcott will improve you guys?
do you think him being back would be comparable to when sturridge returns?
Original post by The Shed End
It's not really a case of spending tens of millions on marquee signings but making practical ones. Granted Chambers, Ospina and Dubuchy are good examples of this, but it's been clear since the start of 12/13 season that you need a new striker and it's taken 24 months to get Welbeck and Sanogo ffs.

Lewandowski left Dortmund and they got the Ramos and Immobile deals sorted very quickly. Conte brought in Tevez and Llorente for £10 million in total.

Arsenal are notoriously bad for this really.

When was the last time they got a good replacement for a departing player on time?
I would take Klopp in a heartbeat.
Original post by Lúcio

Well for one thing, it should logically stop Ozil from playing out wide.
Well for one thing, it should stop Ozil from playing.

fixed that for you bbz :cool:
Big game, Arsenal play pitifully. Standard, no surprise
Original post by Lúcio
fixed that for you bbz :cool:

It didn't need fixing :tongue:
Original post by Lúcio
do you think him being back would be comparable to when sturridge returns?

Probably our only big game player atm, he was getting in to some form before his injury too. His contribution to the team is underrated imo; 37 goals + assists in 43 app in 2012/13 and 13 in 18 apps the season after, a 1 in 2 player with just his goals too. Haven't watched any of your games without Sturridge bar a few mins against AV but probably a bit less of an impact initially.
we need to get rid of this nonsense 4-1-4-1 if we want to get the best out of ozil. We now have pace upfront too in the form of Welbeck.
I've heard it all now.

''Ozil runs in a way you dont appreciate''
''He just dosent look like he's trying because you dont appreciate football''

What next? ''He pisses strangely so you wont appreciate him''

He's been absolute pony, we all know it.

At least back when I heard that tripe he could pick a pass out, last night he was dreadful and being honest, he's never ever come close to looking like a £43m player. Well the time is now Mesut. Me and my mates reckoned he could have used a line of coke last night from the resident Colombian Ospina to compensate for the charlie he is clearly on.

The Arsenal fans protecting him are the worst though. Did you protect £1m gooner Jenkinson like that? Why protect £44m Ozil then? As if you cant bring a Bentley out in the rain but you can a Fiat.

It's been a year now. Well past the settling in period. I want Rosicky if he continues like this.
(edited 9 years ago)
In reality Arsenal's squad is not bad at all. We just need to fill a few glaring key positions where we're woefully short, but to do that we obviously need a new manager, since Arsene is utterly inept at that. We need to get our tactics better in big games, but to do that we presumably need a new manager. We need to be better motivated, and to do that we presumably need a new manager. And we need to stop playing 4-1-4-1... For which it's starting to seem like we're gonna need a new manager.
It didn't need fixing :tongue:

believe me it did :wink:
he is nowhere near deserving of a first team place when you have AOC sat on the bench.

he's only there because of his price - if he was a 10m or 20m player i have no doubt he'd have been dropped by now.

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Probably our only big game player atm, he was getting in to some form before his injury too. His contribution to the team is underrated imo; 37 goals + assists in 43 app in 2012/13 and 13 in 18 apps the season after, a 1 in 2 player with just his goals too. Haven't watched any of your games without Sturridge bar a few mins against AV but probably a bit less of an impact initially.

the difficulty is that he has had so much trouble with injury over the past year or so that we don't really know the effect he will have.
maybe he'll revitalise your team, or maybe he'll just be another player in poor performances.
personally you could win all your cup/european matches for all i care, as long as you drop points in the PL :P

without sturridge we just look a little flat.
balotelli is good but he's new to the team so his impact really isn't there yet.
sturridge already works well with the players around him and most importantly he can create his own goals.
not many strikers can do that, but he's tricky enough and he has the quality.
not to the extent that suarez could make something out of absolutely nothing, but enough to give us that extra goal in a match where we just aren't on it (i.e: the villa game)
My man Bergkamp needed a 'settling in period'

-Find a flat
-Taste ale and decide it's terrible
-Look at Big Ben for 2 minutes
-Learn to drive on the left

What's Mesut doing? Discovering grime?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I've heard it all now.

''Ozil runs in a way you dont appreciate''
''He just dosent look like he's trying because you dont appreciate football''

What next? ''He pisses strangely so you wont appreciate him''

He's been absolute pony, we all know it.

At least back when I heard that tripe he could pick a pass out, last night he was dreadful and being honest, he's never ever come close to looking like a £43m player. Well the time is now Mesut. Me and my mates reckoned he could have used a line of coke last night from the resident Colombian Ospina to compensate for the charlie he is clearly on.

The Arsenal fans protecting him are the worst though. Did you protect £1m gooner Jenkinson like that? Why protect £44m Ozil then? As if you cant bring a Bentley out in the rain but you can a Fiat.

It's been a year now. Well past the settling in period. I want Rosicky if he continues like this.

He needs to play in his correct position atm for starters but Wenger is more interested in fitting Ramsey and Wilshere together. Either drop Ozil or play him as no.10. Anyway Rosicky should play regardless. Ozil should only play when Sanchez and Chamberlain/Walcott are flanking him. Don't see why Wenger doesn't realise this.

Bugs life needs to be dropped.
Original post by jam278
He needs to play in his correct position atm for starters but Wenger is more interested in fitting Ramsey and Wilshere together. Either drop Ozil or play him as no.10. Anyway Rosicky should play regardless. Ozil should only play when Sanchez and Chamberlain/Walcott are flanking him. Don't see why Wenger doesn't realise this.

Bugs life needs to be dropped.

I can see what you mean, but Ozil drifts plenty and manages to make the simple look dreadful.

I remember getting slaughtered for saying that Rosicky>Ozil after we'd signed him but...

I love Tommy, my favourite Arsenal player actually:

Particularly love the way he actually tries.

People talk about RVP 2011/12 but Rosicky was just class after Jan. Would never have got top4 trophy without him
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich
I can see what you mean, but Ozil drifts plenty and manages to make the simple look dreadful.

I remember getting slaughtered for saying that Rosicky>Ozil after we'd signed him but...

Yeah I get that. But the thing is that Ozil shouldn't be drifting so much like he does now, he should just be in the hole, running with the ball on the counter in space to pass to the forwards getting past the defensive line. Not just drifting into space and passing sideways.

I said a year ago that you had Rosicky, Cazorla and Chamberlain to play there and Di Maria was the better signing as your wingers were poor. Now he can play in central midfield it makes even less sense to buy Ozil.

He's genuinely been in Torres like form the past calendar year and I despise that wretched leech so to say this comes from the heart.
And I tell you what, my brother took 2 days off from work and spent alot of money to be out in Dortmund, for that *******s?

Does Wenger even know what it means to spend that kind of money when he's listening to Classic FM on the drive home to Totteridge?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zürich

People talk about RVP 2011/12 but Rosicky was just class after Jan. Would never have got top4 trophy without him

Agree on Rosicky, despite his injuries and age he always seems to operate like a fully fity 24 year old, his mentality is amazing. Said this before but honestly think if injuries didn't hamper him he would have been on Pires levels of admiration from the fans. His technical ability and intelligence are not talked about enough, I remember reading that during training when someone hits an outside of the boot pass they call it "The Rosicky" lol. He'll probably end up retiring this year though.

Latest