The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Martie08
Aw, what's happened?
This time last year I was really motivated but tbh I want to move on, this year is just so boring already. And then in a few months the boredom will be replaced with stress.

I've been kicked out of some lessons because of my teachers deciding that they didn't want to help me.
Original post by Gilo98
Yep :rofl: although I think I will at least work through some past papers - I think its general studies though instead of critical thinking. Which one did you do? You find it difficult?

Critical thinking :smile:
No not really, got a Distinction with pretty much zero revision. Yeah that's all you really need to do tbh, I did a few through the year and it was the only thing that was actually helpful. Don't know anything about general studies though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Martie08
Has anyone else completely lost all motivation this year? :tongue:

I didn't have much motivation in Years 11 or 13, even though they were probably the most important years for me. :tongue: It was quite weird but I'm sure you will be fine. :smile:

Original post by Midnightmemories
I'm already under so much pressure. :frown:

Motivation has been gone since the first day...

So much crap has happened to far and i'm in a stupid mess.

I've been kicked out of some lessons because of my teachers deciding that they didn't want to help me.

Sounds horrible. :frown: Could you speak to your form teacher or head of year about it? :smile:
Original post by usycool1

Sounds horrible. :frown: Could you speak to your form teacher or head of year about it? :smile:

I've spoken to my form tutor about it but yeah.. :/ My head of year is new so i don't really want to speak to him about my "issues" yet because i don't really trust him yet.

I've got an appointment with my school councilor tomorrow and she knows me really well and when i went to ask her about something today she picked up on my mood and we ended up making me a emergency appointment for tomorrow.. (Was originally going to see her the day after tomorrow lol)
Original post by tryrevise
Critical thinking :smile:
No not really, got a Distinction with pretty much zero revision. Yeah that's all you really need to do tbh, I did a few through the year and it was the only thing that was actually helpful. Don't know anything about general studies though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A ok, thanks for the advice anyway :smile:
How is everyone doing with triple science? Anyone at C3/B3/P3 yet? :redface:

I'm almost done with C2, just under half way for B2 and P2.
Original post by Strom

Just over half way with all 3 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've spoken to my form tutor about it but yeah.. :/ My head of year is new so i don't really want to speak to him about my "issues" yet because i don't really trust him yet.

I've got an appointment with my school councilor tomorrow and she knows me really well and when i went to ask her about something today she picked up on my mood and we ended up making me a emergency appointment for tomorrow.. (Was originally going to see her the day after tomorrow lol)

Great that you spoke to your form teacher! It is really very helpful I think and that comes from personal experience. :tongue: I can't blame you for not wanting to talk to him just yet, it makes complete sense to me. :smile:

That's good! Hopefully she should be able to help and it will help you. :smile:
Reply 1128
Anyone doing art here? I'm stuck, one of my coursework project is on Order and Disorder, I need ideas for my project and names of any artist, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
usycool1
xx

D'you know what, have a full house of Discussion Thread quotes :rolleyes:
Original post by Nirgilis
D'you know what, have a full house of Discussion Thread quotes :rolleyes:

Hahaha :lol:

It would have been better if it filled the WQM widget completely though:

:sad: :tongue:
I'm so stressed out about my music composition. Getting zero support from the music staff and am probably going to fail. No idea what to do, so stressed!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
I'm so stressed out about my music composition. Getting zero support from the music staff and am probably going to fail. No idea what to do, so stressed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing compositions! My first composition is estimated to be A/A* by my teacher so I can probably answer queries!

Are you doing OCR? :biggrin:
Original post by SSAA9
Anyone doing art here? I'm stuck, one of my coursework project is on Order and Disorder, I need ideas for my project and names of any artist, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've given up on art mate ;( my teachers said I was good at it and took it mainly as it was one of my stronger subjects.. But can't handle the workload now.
And for ideas, I'll think and get back to ya.. What exam board are you on btw?
Original post by Strom

At beggining of C2 B2 P2 for AQA.. Perhaps I should study in advance? As I think we may not finish the syllabus
Original post by vd12345
At beggining of C2 B2 P2 for AQA.. Perhaps I should study in advance? As I think we may not finish the syllabus

That's a shame :frown: We're rushing through, so I'm gonna have to look over it all again anyway :colondollar:
Original post by Strom
I'm doing compositions! My first composition is estimated to be A/A* by my teacher so I can probably answer queries!

Are you doing OCR? :biggrin:

We're doing AQA. My first composition deadline is Friday and I just know I've failed. I can't drop, but I'm getting ridiculously worked up about the whole thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
We're doing AQA. My first composition deadline is Friday and I just know I've failed. I can't drop, but I'm getting ridiculously worked up about the whole thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do compositions work with your exam board? How far are you already? Sorry you're feeling stressed :frown:
Original post by Strom
How do compositions work with your exam board? How far are you already? Sorry you're feeling stressed :frown:

We do one with an appraisal and one linked to popular music of the 21st Century. But I've had next to no help and I just know I'm going to fail. I usually get good grades at school and I care way too much about everything. -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
We do one with an appraisal and one linked to popular music of the 21st Century. But I've had next to no help and I just know I'm going to fail. I usually get good grades at school and I care way too much about everything. -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds more complicated than ours. You could complain to the school or just try to finish it quickly.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-42702-W-MS-JUN11.PDF Does this help at all? It's a markscheme so you can at least see what's expected. Hopefully it's the right one.

Latest