The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Did the tests for the social research stream this morning - anyone heard back from their tests yet for this stream? Verbal was fine, but math was a bit hard!!

Tough competition eh....

Good luck for everyone applying though. Just been working through all the practise tests before moving on to the real thing
Original post by ManifoldManifest
That's the deadline by which you need to have started the application and gotten as far as selecting your scheme. From that point you then have one week for each of the stages of online testing.

Applying early or late in the application window won't make any difference to your chances, so pick whatever time is best for your schedule.

Except in as much as applying late gives you more time to practice (and less time to sit around waiting for pass/fail bands to be narrowed...)

Original post by Greens24

Tough competition eh....

Good luck for everyone applying though. Just been working through all the practise tests before moving on to the real thing

Not sure when that's (or which applicants it's taking into account. I believe last year it was more like 22-25000 applicants. And I'm pretty sure this year's cohort across all streams was 1000.

(edit: I've just found the document. So, that was the 2012 intake, and doesn't included "other fast streams" which make up 376 places, or an additional 38 in the no-longer existing in-service fast stream.)

source: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/229578/2012_Fast_Stream_Recruitment_Report__final_.pdf

Hopefully the 2013 report is uploaded soon, I do like some good stats (and only a year to wait to see the stats for my cohort...)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GManTheGMan
Except in as much as applying late gives you more time to practice (and less time to sit around waiting for pass/fail bands to be narrowed...)

Not sure when that's (or which applicants it's taking into account. I belive lat year it was more like 22-25000 applicants. And I'm pretty sure this year's cohort across all streams was 1000.

Yeah it's from the civil service fast scheme central data collection about the scheme. Just gives an in depth breakdown of application numbers and percentage successful to each scheme. However the data is for the 2012 application intake as this is when the data was last broken down so comprehensively.

Full Source:https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/229578/2012_Fast_Stream_Recruitment_Report__final_.pdf
Reply 144
Just finished the competency questionnaire. I failed this for Generalist last year, so I've got an anxious wait ahead of me! Still, relieved to have it out of the way.
Reply 145
Original post by GManTheGMan
Not sure when that's (or which applicants it's taking into account. I believe last year it was more like 22-25000 applicants. And I'm pretty sure this year's cohort across all streams was 1000.

Although multiple 'applications' by the same individuals needs to be taken account of here.

Interesting. Where was that linked from initially?
Original post by Luccy.
Did the tests for the social research stream this morning - anyone heard back from their tests yet for this stream? Verbal was fine, but math was a bit hard!!

Did you decide on a different stream in the end?

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one to apply to GCS, have been waiting for a week for results now!
Reply 149
Ah FS you're driving me mad... Now there's an announcement for GES candidates on the login page, talking about EAC Open Days but I haven't even heard back re my application yet... I don't even care so much which way it goes anymore, I just want to know :frown:
For one my internet ****ing up for the numerial test and thus resetting has been a blessing in disguise (I hope)
Reply 151
Original post by Magnum Opus
Did you decide on a different stream in the end?

I'm beginning to think I'm the only one to apply to GCS, have been waiting for a week for results now!

Yeah, it was a toss up between the two in the end.

There is a message on my homepage saying that the test results for my stream will be from late sept to october so that's a pretty big gap but I guess it's good for me to get on with other applications too.
Original post by Luccy.

There is a message on my homepage saying that the test results for my stream will be from late sept to october so that's a pretty big gap but I guess it's good for me to get on with other applications too.

Had the same message too :yep:
Reply 153
Same for the non-analytical schemes only with a potential wait until mid-November..!

Hasn't stopped me from checking daily though :rolleyes:
Finally completed the competency questionaire- felt like it took forever. I've tried not to be too modest but some of them were so hard- I felt like all the statements were equally important
Original post by Luccy.

Original post by Slowbro93
Had the same message too :yep:

I have no message and no results, I have been forgotten :holmes:
Tests done. And now the waiting begins :erm:

Found the numerical better then the actual practice ones. Missed out two questions simply because I ran out of time!
Heard back about my OR application, passed the tests and through to the next stage :h:
Is anybody else partially hoping for a 'Yes' vote today simply because of the number of opportunities available in a new Scottish Civil Service? I'm a Unionist but a move to Edinburgh does sound appealing...
There's already a Scottish Civil Service. I don't think it would have made too much difference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending