The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Had 4mill in the bank, and had Noble in midfield for this week; but I have replaced him with Di Maria since he's looking good thought I'd give it a while to see how the new signings settle in but he looks good now.
Original post by RedDevil014
Yeah thought so but with all these stories of Pardew finally getting sacked have made me think twice about it.

Ideally, I'd have wanted Chambers in after GW7 but his price would surely rise a bit by then so it's better to just get him in now.

Chester isn't starting tonight so you may have to reconsider.
Reply 2262
Original post by Lúcio
FF isn't about which players you like or hate, it's about which you think will do the best regardless of which team they play for.

It is of course up to you which players you choose but having 0 city and Liverpool players could be a bad move over the course of a season

Just personal choice. Not like I'm going to win anything anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no chester so moore goes in. 83

ty sr90
Original post by qr95
Just personal choice. Not like I'm going to win anything anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

true, i suppose it's just a bit of fun.
the aim is to get as high a score as possible although i guess if you prefer certain players that's up to you
Want to drop Schurrle so any suggestions on best midfielder for under 8.2m
I have had such a **** start to the season. Haven't gone above 50 points once.

Hazard is ****ing up.
Original post by jam278

Hazard is ****ing up.

Dropped him for Fabregas last week and it worked out very nicely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex Doran

Herrera? Might be a decent punt and a good differential he looked very good against QPR

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am thinking about a punt on Chadli - he looks like a different player from last season at the moment, so really its just if it can last.. If the new boss has brought out a new confidence in him, and he keeps scoring like he is, then he could be a steal..
or he could just revert back to his old form and fail to find the net more often the not..

Herrera, as poster mentioned above may be a good shout - though I am not sure of his consistancy, especially not with so many other attacking minded players in that team.. he falls into the same catagory as matic for me.. player who just wont bring in enough points week in week out to justify..

Ive been hearing good things about tadic, 2 assists so far, and looks to be a great buy for southampton.. maybe he is worth a chance..

Original post by jam278

Hazard is ****ing up.

get on the fabwagon...
Original post by fallen_acorns

get on the fabwagon...

I did and I took him out ffs...

Tadic, Lamela or Mirallas (assuming you have Sigurdsson already) are 3 good choices. Wouldn't put Herrera in just yet but keep an eye on him.

Can you stretch to Sterling at 8.8?
Original post by sr90
Tadic, Lamela or Mirallas (assuming you have Sigurdsson already) are 3 good choices. Wouldn't put Herrera in just yet but keep an eye on him.

Can you stretch to Sterling at 8.8?

Original post by fallen_acorns
I am thinking about a punt on Chadli - he looks like a different player from last season at the moment, so really its just if it can last.. If the new boss has brought out a new confidence in him, and he keeps scoring like he is, then he could be a steal..
or he could just revert back to his old form and fail to find the net more often the not..

Herrera, as poster mentioned above may be a good shout - though I am not sure of his consistancy, especially not with so many other attacking minded players in that team.. he falls into the same catagory as matic for me.. player who just wont bring in enough points week in week out to justify..

Ive been hearing good things about tadic, 2 assists so far, and looks to be a great buy for southampton.. maybe he is worth a chance..

My midfield is Di Maria - Sterling - Schurrle (getting rid of) - Siggy - El Ahmadi (waiting for my wildcard but in no rush to get rid)

I don't think Herrera will be advanced enough to get points, especially when they go to 3 at the back again.

Current shortlist is Chadli, Ward-Prowse, Tadic, Wilshere and Mirallas.

Chadli has some good home games but some very tough away games and am not convinced he will continue as he is.
Ward Prowse didn't start (if anyone knows why it would be appreciated) and if he isn't getting regular game time in an advanced position then I am not interested.
Tadic has fantastic fixtures and looks very good, probably my favourite ATM.
Wilshere is a good option is playing regularly but he could easily be dropped, gets subbed all the time and is a card magnet.
I hate Mirallas as a player (he just looks narky) but he does have a good enough record and the home fixtures look good and even the away fixtures have poor defences.

Probably choosing between Tadic and Mirallas but not much to split them. Leaning towards Tadic solely because I hate Mirallas but that isn't a great reason not to pick him.
Original post by sr90
Chester isn't starting tonight so you may have to reconsider.

I know damn, did it right before the Hull lineups were announced. Learnt my lesson again this season to always wait till the end of the gameweek before making any transfers.

But atleast Moore came in this week, so it's not all bad news.
especially when they go to 3 at the back again

I think it's unlikely we'll revert to that anytime soon. 3-5-2 was a temporary measure whilst we had no available wingers or fullbacks.
Burnley (x2) v Sunderland
QPR v Stoke (x2)
Swansea v Southampton

Proving a bit of a headache to choose a defence this week (I own defenders/keepers from bolded teams). Serious shout to bench Ivanovic with these fixtures... Swansea v Scum looks suspect but Clyne does pick up points regardless, as does Ivan...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mister Dead
Burnley (x2) v Sunderland
QPR v Stoke (x2)
Swansea v Southampton

Proving a bit of a headache to choose a defence this week (I own defenders/keepers from bolded teams). Serious shout to bench Ivanovic with these fixtures... Swansea v Scum looks suspect but Clyne does pick up points regardless, as does Ivan...

I've got absolutely no idea whether to play my Swansea defender or my Southampton defender :pierre:
Any suggestions for a Debuchy replacement?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Any suggestions for a Debuchy replacement?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really depends on who your other defenders are. Cheaper defenders and a strong midfield / forward line is usually my philosophy. Plus there are some great cheat options such as Duff / Taylor and then players like Clynne who are still cheaper than Debuchy giving you the cash to improve elsewhere.
Original post by Jordan-Kirby
Really depends on who your other defenders are. Cheaper defenders and a strong midfield / forward line is usually my philosophy. Plus there are some great cheat options such as Duff / Taylor and then players like Clynne who are still cheaper than Debuchy giving you the cash to improve elsewhere.

Have Chambers, Caulker, Cahill and Wisdom. Got very little points from them thus far. Yeah thinking Duff. At 4 Mil he looks great value.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest