The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strom
That sounds more complicated than ours. You could complain to the school or just try to finish it quickly.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-42702-W-MS-JUN11.PDF Does this help at all? It's a markscheme so you can at least see what's expected. Hopefully it's the right one.

I've finished it more or less, I just don't know what I'm going to do on Monday morning when I get back and it says U.
Thanks for the mark scheme :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
That's a shame :frown: We're rushing through, so I'm gonna have to look over it all again anyway :colondollar:

You doing AQA? And how are you revising? I'm struggling with revision atm xd
Original post by SampleX
I've finished it more or less, I just don't know what I'm going to do on Monday morning when I get back and it says U.
Thanks for the mark scheme :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It won't be a U :biggrin: Even if it was, you'd know that it wasn't your fault. Just stay resilient & you'll be fine no matter the grade :cool:
Original post by vd12345
You doing AQA? And how are you revising? I'm struggling with revision atm xd

AQA yep :smile: I'm not really revising at the moment. I keep telling myself I'll do little bits every day but I haven't started. I have a timetable and stuff though!

I usually revise by writing things down. It's different for every person, but I'm really focused as I write I remember stuff pretty easily :smile:

I write down the notes to make sure that I've covered the topic fully. I then make cue cards of things that I don't remember so well :biggrin: That's what I did for stats anyway.

(I got an A, 1 UMS off A* cause my coursework was a B :redface:)
Original post by Strom
It won't be a U :biggrin: Even if it was, you'd know that it wasn't your fault. Just stay resilient & you'll be fine no matter the grade :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:naughty:

:rolleyes:
Original post by Strom
AQA yep :smile: I'm not really revising at the moment. I keep telling myself I'll do little bits every day but I haven't started. I have a timetable and stuff though!

I usually revise by writing things down. It's different for every person, but I'm really focused as I write I remember stuff pretty easily :smile:

I write down the notes to make sure that I've covered the topic fully. I then make cue cards of things that I don't remember so well :biggrin: That's what I did for stats anyway.

(I got an A, 1 UMS off A* cause my coursework was a B :redface:)

Yeaah I made revision cards for my Religious studies key words, and notes also.. And practiced a lot of exam style questions/past papers. For maths I mainly did past papers and self marked them. Although I didn't correct my mistakes from the past papers I still did fine :smile: I guess doing past papers prepared my brain for the exam somehow? Got A* in Religious studies and Maths in year 10 so doing As philosophy, and an A level extended project in place of RE. And IGCSE, further and additional maths in place of maths..
I just feel like I can't wing science like I did for maths and RE, subjects in which I just did cram revision and exam practice..
Got ACC for physics biology and chemistry year 10 mocks on P1 B1and C1 so kinda worried, thus revising and studying the whole of science unit ones again atm. Gotta get them A*'s to get into a good 6th form (latymer/woodhouse) as I wanna do dentistry xd
Also how does statistics differentiate from maths? And it must have been painful, u considered a remark?
Original post by Mr...
I'm disappointed :cry2:

Why? :colone: Be disappointed after I get my results :colone::colone::colone::colonhash::smug:
Original post by vd12345
Yeaah I made revision cards for my Religious studies key words, and notes also.. And practiced a lot of exam style questions/past papers. For maths I mainly did past papers and self marked them. Although I didn't correct my mistakes from the past papers I still did fine :smile: I guess doing past papers prepared my brain for the exam somehow? Got A* in Religious studies and Maths in year 10 so doing As philosophy, and an A level extended project in place of RE. And IGCSE, further and additional maths in place of maths..
I just feel like I can't wing science like I did for maths and RE, subjects in which I just did cram revision and exam practice..
Got ACC for physics biology and chemistry year 10 mocks on P1 B1and C1 so kinda worried, thus revising and studying the whole of science unit ones again atm. Gotta get them A*'s to get into a good 6th form (latymer/woodhouse) as I wanna do dentistry xd
Also how does statistics differentiate from maths? And it must have been painful, u considered a remark?

Yeah same here with the past papers! I wish I was so ahead like you. I've only got one measly GCSE :colone:

My Year 10 mocks were AAA (barely) I revised intensely a couple months before but had to cut all revision short due to German speaking practice :mad:.

Revise thoroughly for year 11 mocks and if you aren't happy we can maybe talk again :wink:

Statistics is like the statistics Maths paper elaborated + some coursework. I've had a remark and I don't think it went up :frown: I'll live though :biggrin: I'm aiming for 5+ A*s how about you?
Original post by Mr...
You are not doing any work :rant:
I should be proud of you after you get your results...

Hey I'm being attentive in class! :cool:

:rofl::colondollar:

I have mocks in January so I think the latest I'll start will be late November. I'm actually so pumped for school atm :headbang:
Original post by Mr...
Sure you are :rolleyes:

I have been so pumped but then I got ill on Monday :puke:. Good luck on your mocks, we have some for Triple Science to do the final set choices. We also did a French one this week... :yep:

I've avoided sickness so far :colone: Ooh good luck in yours! I have a chemistry test next Friday if that counts? :confused:
Original post by SSAA9
Anyone doing art here? I'm stuck, one of my coursework project is on Order and Disorder, I need ideas for my project and names of any artist, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing that as my coursework too!
I looked at still life and did Giorgio morandi and Joel penkman doing order and then I went on to portraits and contrasts in emotions and looked at loads of different artists; Brno Zou, Nuria Riaza, Ginny Grayson, Manny Robertson, Chuck Close, Destroy by Rankin, Sagmeister, Barbara Kruger etc. There's a lot of good stuff on Pinterest for this if you need ideas :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Strom
Yeah same here with the past papers! I wish I was so ahead like you. I've only got one measly GCSE :colone:

My Year 10 mocks were AAA (barely) I revised intensely a couple months before but had to cut all revision short due to German speaking practice :mad:.

Revise thoroughly for year 11 mocks and if you aren't happy we can maybe talk again :wink:

Statistics is like the statistics Maths paper elaborated + some coursework. I've had a remark and I don't think it went up :frown: I'll live though :biggrin: I'm aiming for 5+ A*s how about you?

Yeaah, ill revise thoroughly for unit one mocks in late nov, and unit 2 mocks in jan I think? And ill see how it goes... I have 2A*'s atm so ideally I hope to get A* for further and igcse maths (jan paper which I'll privately enter for the sake of aanother gcse and as for good preperation for further/additional maths, which my school is entering me for). And I also want A*'s in the 3 sciences.. Therefore my aim is 7A*'s in total, if I decide to do Igcse maths and 6A*'s if I don't. These are also my pre-mock predicted grades btw (given to me by my school), and I view them as inaccurate but aspirational, thus I will try to achieve them.
I'm doing maths and RE for As, and will choose 2 more from the following; further maths, chemistry, biology and physics.. This means that I want to do as good as possible to keep my options open.
Do you have any ideas what As/A2 you'll be taking/ will want to take?
Original post by tryrevise
I'm doing that as my coursework too!
I looked at still life and did Giorgio morandi and Joel penkman doing order and then I went on to portraits and contrasts in emotions and looked at loads of different artists; Brno Zou, Nuria Riaza, Ginny Grayson, Manny Robertson, Chuck Close, Destroy by Rankin, Sagmeister, Barbara Kruger etc. There's a lot of good stuff on Pinterest for this if you need ideas :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board? ;o I may get the same.. Who knows? Xd
Original post by Mr...
Lucky :huff:

Thanks, is it just an end of unit test :curious:

:colondollar:Yeah
Original post by vd12345
Yeaah, ill revise thoroughly for unit one mocks in late nov, and unit 2 mocks in jan I think? And ill see how it goes... I have 2A*'s atm so ideally I hope to get A* for further and igcse maths (jan paper which I'll privately enter for the sake of aanother gcse and as for good preperation for further/additional maths, which my school is entering me for). And I also want A*'s in the 3 sciences.. Therefore my aim is 7A*'s in total, if I decide to do Igcse maths and 6A*'s if I don't. These are also my pre-mock predicted grades btw (given to me by my school), and I view them as inaccurate but aspirational, thus I will try to achieve them.
I'm doing maths and RE for As, and will choose 2 more from the following; further maths, chemistry, biology and physics.. This means that I want to do as good as possible to keep my options open.
Do you have any ideas what As/A2 you'll be taking/ will want to take?

I want 3 A*s in the sciences too! Got As in my ISAs though :mad: I think I'm doing Physics, Maths, Further Maths & Chemistry. I'd like to do extended project or maybe critical thinking but I don't think many places offer them. I'm hoping to get into a grammar sixth form but I don't know if I'll be able to :redface:

I think max A*s I'll be able to get is 7. I'll be really happy with 5 though!!
Original post by Strom
I want 3 A*s in the sciences too! Got As in my ISAs though :mad: I think I'm doing Physics, Maths, Further Maths & Chemistry. I'd like to do extended project or maybe critical thinking but I don't think many places offer them. I'm hoping to get into a grammar sixth form but I don't know if I'll be able to :redface:

I think max A*s I'll be able to get is 7. I'll be really happy with 5 though!!

Yes I think 5A*'s would be exceptional.. And how were the ISA's? Any tips? I start my chemistry ISA this friday (19/09) and finish 2 weeks later (03/10). My chem ISA is shortly followed by bio and physics.. My chem teacher expects A*'s and we will have the option of retaking if an A* is not met, I think.. Just worried in general about ISA's.. Unfamiliar concept
Reply 1157
Original post by vd12345
I've given up on art mate ;( my teachers said I was good at it and took it mainly as it was one of my stronger subjects.. But can't handle the workload now.
And for ideas, I'll think and get back to ya.. What exam board are you on btw?

Haha! I used to enjoy art but now it's just too much to handle, anyway I'm on Aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by usycool1
Hahaha :lol:

It would have been better if it filled the WQM widget completely though:

:sad: :tongue:

You only have 5 WQM in your widget? :tongue: . How do you manage to keep up? :tongue: . I have to have at least 15 in my WQM or no-one would get any responses ever! :lol: . And I'm bad enough as it is :tongue:
Original post by sunday_morning
Sorry for the late reply!
I'm making a lot of notes this evening, ready for tomorrow. :smile: I think it's very important to study Shakespeare as his work is exceptional and has influenced modern literature, I guess it's just not for me!

Good luck with your biology, I've almost finished my chemistry coursework and I'll be starting biology and physics next month. Coursework bores me to tears, I'd much rather a normal lesson! I'm glad that 100% of the grade isn't down to exams though.

I enjoyed the creative writing in English language, I got a band 5 for it. :biggrin: The spec changed though so hopefully all I have to do is tweak a bit of it, I don't want to have to redo it. Good luck for that too. :smile:

Thanks :smile: I'm relieved that I've got my Welsh done now.

Maths is ok, we've just been getting a lot of past papers, I've been focusing on things that I'm not so sure of by looking in my maths textbook. When do you have your maths exam/exams?

How did you find the Chemistry coursework? I quite enjoy Science Practicals :smile:

Thanks, I can't wait to start Creative writing!

In my class we did one a unit 2 practice paper at the start of term, just to recap where we're at. I did good though as I covered a lot of Maths over the summer.

My first exams start in April, I think it is Art. My first Maths exam is on June 11th (that'll be unit 2)

Latest