The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Tbh Bertrand has been pretty boss this season. Got 3 assists already but Moreno is a beast, top player, amazing pace and gets up and down the pitch.
This may seem a bit of a dumb question but is it possible for people on this thread to translate any slang terms or abbrievations used it football

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iloveteddy14
This may seem a bit of a dumb question but is it possible for people on this thread to translate any slang terms or abbrievations used it football

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you aren't sure what some of the abbreviations mean, just ask
Not like we're gonna laugh at you like children :smile:
Original post by iloveteddy14

Posted from TSR Mobile

What words have you not understood?
Original post by jam278
Tbh Bertrand has been pretty boss this season. Got 3 assists already but Moreno is a beast, top player, amazing pace and gets up and down the pitch.

To be honest when the Moreno deal seems to be dead and buried, I wasn't opposed to getting Bertrand.
So happy we stuck out and got tis kid though.

He did make a mistake in the city game which is a shame, but we were never leaving with any points anyway :/

Since I'm on your ignore list, it's likely you won't see this anyway, but I thought I'd at least respond.
Bertrand is underwhelming and **** make no mistake
also Luke lol if Moreno hadn't made that mistake, then we'd never have been chasing the game, and we could easily have gone home with points. City aren't some unstoppable force, good teams like Stoke get points off them and even ****ing spineless bottlers Arsenal got a point off them. We were definitely the better side till his mistake and could EASILY have got points.
Original post by New God Flow
Bertrand is underwhelming and **** make no mistake

Disagree, he gets up and down the field very well and is a good attacking fullback. Positioning wise he's a bit suspect and struggles against pacey forwards(who doesn't) but you definitely got the better option in Moreno.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
Got a ticket to the Middlesbrough game next week :smile:

Anyone else here going?

In The Kop!

Gutted Ibe's gone off on loan - wanted him to start.

I'd be happy with a team of Jones, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Flanagan, Can, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Lambert.

Not sure if Can will be fit though.
Original post by Lúcio
If you aren't sure what some of the abbreviations mean, just ask
Not like we're gonna laugh at you like children :smile:

This is TSR so your bolded statement is wrong..
Original post by Mackay
In The Kop!

Gutted Ibe's gone off on loan - wanted him to start.

I'd be happy with a team of Jones, Manquillo, Toure, Skrtel, Flanagan, Can, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Markovic, Lambert.

Not sure if Can will be fit though.

I missed the last seat in the Kop by minutes, I'm in the Main Stand.

Hope Suso gets some game time, he was impressive at Deepdale in the summer.
I missed the last seat in the Kop by minutes, I'm in the Main Stand.

Hope Suso gets some game time, he was impressive at Deepdale in the summer.

Good stuff. Gutted Ibe's gone off on loan - would have loved to see him get some serious game time in cup competitions this year.
Original post by Mackay
Good stuff. Gutted Ibe's gone off on loan - would have loved to see him get some serious game time in cup competitions this year.

I know what you mean, Ibe and Sterling on the wings would be incredible. Just hope we don't draw Derby County in the FA Cup :tongue:
I know what you mean, Ibe and Sterling on the wings would be incredible. Just hope we don't draw Derby County in the FA Cup :tongue:

He won't be able to play against us anyway I assume? Usually there's rules on players and parent clubs meeting in competitions.
Original post by Mackay
He won't be able to play against us anyway I assume? Usually there's rules on players and parent clubs meeting in competitions.

Only in the league, in cup competitions it's fine as long as they're not cup tied.
Original post by New God Flow
also Luke lol if Moreno hadn't made that mistake, then we'd never have been chasing the game, and we could easily have gone home with points. City aren't some unstoppable force, good teams like Stoke get points off them and even ****ing spineless bottlers Arsenal got a point off them. We were definitely the better side till his mistake and could EASILY have got points.

of course, i suppose the momentum of a game can change - we defender well until they scored their first so maybe it would've gone differently?
but i'm not gonna use that as an excuse as to why we lost the game tbh.
i was merely saying the although moreno's mistake was an absolute clanger, at least it was in a game we lost 3-1 in rather than a kolo toure style error that cost us points without question.

all i would say is that at least we have the etihad game out of the way early - they have to come to anfield next time and we'll have a real go at them there.
the only 2 games in the calender that i begrudgingly expect a loss in is when we're away at the etihad and stamford bridge.

Original post by samir12
This is TSR so your bolded statement is wrong..

haha true, this is a really petty place at times.

in other news, who thought we'd end up being the only english team to get all 3 points, especially with a "meh" performance.
even though they were away to their big group rivals, arsenal were opened up hilariously frequently.
fair play to city though; bayern deserved a win but so devastating to lose it right at the end.
i'm most disappointed in chelsea tbh - what excuse do they have with their laughably easy group and ridiculously strong team?
Only in the league, in cup competitions it's fine as long as they're not cup tied.

I hope one of Chelsea's sixteen billion on-loan youngsters comes back to haunt them then.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jon-flanagan-facing-extended-absence-7793499

Jon Flanagan out for a few months with a knee surgery, was due to return this month. Gutted for him but I guess we got cover.
Original post by mr tim
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jon-flanagan-facing-extended-absence-7793499

Jon Flanagan out for a few months with a knee surgery, was due to return this month. Gutted for him but I guess we got cover.

that is a shame, however i'm very happy with our current fullbacks tbh.
as long as it stays with manquillo/moreno first team and enrique/johnson as back up, i think that's pretty good anyway :smile:
John Henry trolling LFC fans on twitter :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest