The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by qwerty_mad
I always said we should have stuck with Gervinho a little longer. He could have been one heck of a player for us now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say some players can only play their absolute best if they are coached by the people they love and trust the most :wink:
I always said we should have stuck with Gervinho a little longer. He could have been one heck of a player for us now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah he couldn't hack the league. Serie A is a doddle by comparison, CSKA are hardly a good team.
Original post by Pete_91
Nah he couldn't hack the league. Serie A is a doddle by comparison, CSKA are hardly a good team.

When you think how long we gave Bendtner...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Draxler had me like

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Draxler had me like

Still mad or have you calmed down now that we weren't the only team who sucked against the Germans?
Original post by Numan786
I'm so jacked on morphine right now after I found out my two gums were infected and had to be scraped after tooth extraction still fill some slight pain tho :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch ****.

Least you got some nice Opiates to chill to.
When you think how long we gave Bendtner...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbf to Bendtner he was scouted at being better than rvp at that age initially and would have a higher ceiling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
peak times for fulham, assombalonga to sign for utd in jan. awaitin penfolds sackin tonight tbh.
Original post by Arkasia
Still mad or have you calmed down now that we weren't the only team who sucked against the Germans?

Yes indeed. We are still the only team that sucked against the Germans, Chelsea drew in a relatively easier group and Man city got sucker punched in the end by a good BM side, they only lost by a goal's margin. We were dreadful and lost by two, the kept a clean sheet. Anyways, enough about that :smile:

We move on...!

Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
peak times for fulham, assombalonga to sign for utd in jan. awaitin penfolds sackin tonight tbh.

I know it's early in the season but they could well get relegated too if things don't change.

Sacking is imminent.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/dday-for-felix-magath-as-fulham-boss-is-told-lose-to-nottingham-forest-and-youre-sacked-9737912.html
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
Ouch ****.

Least you got some nice Opiates to chill to.

Yh trust me but ****s worn off now it's painful as ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Apparently we might sign diarra on a free I wouldn't be opposed looking at our current options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So this weeks headlines then:

"AWFUL ARSENAL HUMILIATED BY WEAKENED DORTMUND IN GERMANY...and Ozil flopped lol."

"Unlucky Chelsea humbled by Schalke"

"The Champions held by Bayern in Munich."

"AWFUL ARSENAL HUMILIATED BY WEAKENED DORTMUND IN GERMANY...and Ozil flopped lol."

Dont see your point LP? Arsenal were woeful, Chelsea were actually unlucky (Drogba missed a few chances) and City were beaten, they deserved a draw though.

Headlines look fine to me tbh.

EDIT: Just realised you made those headlines up fml :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Dont see your point LP? Arsenal were woeful, Chelsea were actually unlucky (Drogba missed a few chances) and City were beaten, they deserved a draw though.

Headlines look fine to me tbh.

EDIT: Just realised you made those headlines up fml :facepalm:
Posted from TSR Mobile

agree with all of it, apart from city deserving a draw..

They were outclassed in nearly every way, and it was only thanks to a great performance by hart, and some terrible finishing from bayern, that it was left so late..

Another day and it could have been 2 or 3 goals easily..

Bayern had 58% possession, 22 attempts, 9 on target (well done hart), more corners, less fouls, more passes completed etc.

They were better in every aspect.. so I dont see why people keep saying city deserved a draw?

arsenal were awful and they were humaliated (although it was their toughest grop stage game) - seems about right.
city were unfortunate to lose so late, but bayern deserved nothing less than all 3 points

i don't think we should really be talking much about luck for chelsea.
i haven't seen the highlights yet so i can't criticise too much, however they're in an incredibly easy group with a ridiculously strong team; unlucky or not they should be beating shalke.

lol at liverpool scraping a win at home to a 4th seed but still leading the english line:cool:
that's pretty embarrassing for the premier league if i'm honest :/

actually would be more confident if wilshire is injured..

I should not be, but it means that wenger (hopefully) is forced to play ozil in the centre, and hopefully can then use a decent wide player actually wide..

Sanchez - ramsey - ozil - campbel/ox

Would be preferable to me then what we have had in the last few games..

That said knowing wenger, he will stick cazorla in for wilshire, and keep ozil on the wing..
Wenger needs to a rotate the team to prevent a euro hangover. At this rate I can see many important first team members getting burnt out by October picking up stress injuries.
Original post by fallen_acorns
actually would be more confident if wilshire is injured..

I should not be, but it means that wenger (hopefully) is forced to play ozil in the centre, and hopefully can then use a decent wide player actually wide..

Sanchez - ramsey - ozil - campbel/ox

Would be preferable to me then what we have had in the last few games..

That said knowing wenger, he will stick cazorla in for wilshire, and keep ozil on the wing..

That's what I was thinking as well, I can't remember if Ozil played centrally in this fixture last year but I was at that and can't even recall him touching the ball :biggrin:.

How long is Walcott out for? I know he did his ACL...

Original post by sevchenko
Wenger needs to a rotate the team to prevent a euro hangover. At this rate I can see many important first team members getting burnt out by October picking up stress injuries.

You lot never seem to do well after a Euro away.

Latest