The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Have Chambers, Caulker, Cahill and Wisdom. Got very little points from them thus far. Yeah thinking Duff. At 4 Mil he looks great value.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess you could do likes of Caulker to Taylor (Swansea) as he's decent, nailed on and with good fixtures. Or likewise to Duff giving you an extra 0.9 mil to play with.

Chambers I'd be careful with as Arsenal aren't looking great defensively, tough fixtures and he isn't all that nailed on, even with Debuchy out.
Original post by Jordan-Kirby
I guess you could do likes of Caulker to Taylor (Swansea) as he's decent, nailed on and with good fixtures. Or likewise to Duff giving you an extra 0.9 mil to play with.

Chambers I'd be careful with as Arsenal aren't looking great defensively, tough fixtures and he isn't all that nailed on, even with Debuchy out.

Yeah we haven't been good defensively but don't think Wenger will play bellerin over Chambers. I'll make one transfer and get Duff for Debuchy most likely. No point taking hits for a defender.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan-Kirby
he isn't all that nailed on, even with Debuchy out.

Of course he's nailed on, Arsenal don't have any more defenders to pick from.

Yeah we haven't been good defensively but don't think Wenger will play bellerin over Chambers. I'll make one transfer and get Duff for Debuchy most likely. No point taking hits for a defender.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd look at doing Caulker > Southampton defender in the near future too, their fixtures are too good to ignore. Any of Clyne, Bertrand or Alderweireld is a decent pick. Or even Taylor like someone else has already suggested.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Of course he's nailed on, Arsenal don't have any more defenders to pick from.

I'd look at doing Caulker > Southampton defender in the near future too, their fixtures are too good to ignore. Any of Clyne, Bertrand or Alderweireld is a decent pick. Or even Taylor like someone else has already suggested.

Yeah Caulker has been abysmal in ff. I'll keep him this week though since Stoke are known to be poor
travellers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Duff would be a good bench defender. Will get you appearence points but don't see Burnley keeping many clean sheets.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Duff would be a good bench defender. Will get you appearence points but don't see Burnley keeping many clean sheets.

Kept two clean sheets in a row so short term should get some good points.

Posted from TSR Mobile
reasonably happy with my team now, so onto this week..

Captain choice.

Not really sure, costa would be a safe bet again, but his fixture is not great, and I am not sure if I can see it being another thrashing..

But then welbeck/Pelle's fixtures also do not look that inviting..

(even if the idealist in me would love to go for welbeck and see him do well)

Tempted by di maria, but leister have looked pretty solid at the back against top teams.. not feeling sanchez or stirling..

Hmm, looks like costa unless I become more of a risk taker..
Original post by fallen_acorns
reasonably happy with my team now, so onto this week..

Captain choice.

Not really sure, costa would be a safe bet again, but his fixture is not great, and I am not sure if I can see it being another thrashing..

But then welbeck/Pelle's fixtures also do not look that inviting..

(even if the idealist in me would love to go for welbeck and see him do well)

Tempted by di maria, but leister have looked pretty solid at the back against top teams.. not feeling sanchez or stirling..

Hmm, looks like costa unless I become more of a risk taker..

Yeah If you don't captain Costa and he scores big then you will plummet in the overall ranking. If he flops then everyone kind of in the same boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah If you don't captain Costa and he scores big then you will plummet in the overall ranking. If he flops then everyone kind of in the same boat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, its so safe to captain him.. and the only game I have not captained him this season, the other player only got 2pts..

But I still have the urge to try something bold and risky :tongue:

Di maria would probably be my only choice if not costa..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree
Most people will be captaining Costa even though it's the Chelsea-City game
So if he bags another 2, anybody who didn't captain him will be sorry

However if you want to be brave, picking anther captain and him doing well would give you a boost over most others if Costa doesn't have an outstanding game.

It's a tough shout, think I'm just gonna stick with Costa (C) and Di Maria (VC)
Mourinho said he's worries about Costa having an injury, but I've learnt never to believe anything that man says - I have Ulloa on the bench and Di Maria would become captain if Costa didn't play anyway
Original post by Lúcio
I agree
Most people will be captaining Costa even though it's the Chelsea-City game
So if he bags another 2, anybody who didn't captain him will be sorry

However if you want to be brave, picking anther captain and him doing well would give you a boost over most others if Costa doesn't have an outstanding game.

It's a tough shout, think I'm just gonna stick with Costa (C) and Di Maria (VC)
Mourinho said he's worries about Costa having an injury, but I've learnt never to believe anything that man says - I have Ulloa on the bench and Di Maria would become captain if Costa didn't play anyway

Also depends how you've done this far. I've had a stormer so I'm going to play it safe with Costa captain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also depends how you've done this far. I've had a stormer so I'm going to play it safe with Costa captain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i've been good but not great
my latest GW was awesome but the one before that was embarressing.
nowhere near top on the overall TSR rankings but i'm doing okay in the LFC thread one

would rather not take a risk this early :P
Original post by SirMasterKey

I'm not sure how long he'll keep his place with Keane around, United would not have let him go out on loan to sit on the bench. It would be beyond stupid for Dyche to drop him at the moment, but what about when Burnley inevitably concede 4 or 5 to someone?
Original post by sr90
I'm not sure how long he'll keep his place with Keane around, United would not have let him go out on loan to sit on the bench. It would be beyond stupid for Dyche to drop him at the moment, but what about when Burnley inevitably concede 4 or 5 to someone?

Short term their fixtures are decent. I'll take him out then so I don't suffer from any drubbing Burnley get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Short term their fixtures are decent. I'll take him out then so I don't suffer from any drubbing Burnley get lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, their next four games are fantastic. I really fear for them in the spring though:

Man Utd V Burnley
Chelsea V Burnley
Burnley V Swansea
Liverpool V Burnley
Burnley V Man City
Southampton V Burnley
Burnley V Tottenham
Burnley V Arsenal
Everton V Burnley

Last seasons top 8 in pretty much consecutive games.Ouch!
There is no captain choice leaping out at me. Options are Costa (City A), Balotelli/Sterling (West Ham A), Adebayor (West Brom H) or Di Maria (Leicester A.) Currently favouring Adebayor but that is solely based on the fixture. Any suggestions?
so two teams for this week:

1 -

De Gea - Myhill
Chambers - Dier - Clyne - Williams - Wilson
Sterling - Di Maria - Sanchez - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Welbeck - Costa - Pelle

2 -

Fabianski - Myhill
Wilson - Chambers - Hutton - Duff - Clyne
Fabregas - Di maria - Sanchez - Stirling - Larsson
[B]Costa - Welbeck - Pelle[/B

(bold, is what would play this week)

Hmm, not really sure which one I like best.. one is (for me) a really nice and rounded team with a lot of rotation.. the other has fabregas though..

Final option is to keep team1, but just take out stirling for fab...
Original post by Alex Doran
There is no captain choice leaping out at me. Options are Costa (City A), Balotelli/Sterling (West Ham A), Adebayor (West Brom H) or Di Maria (Leicester A.) Currently favouring Adebayor but that is solely based on the fixture. Any suggestions?

Fpl rule number 1- Always Captain Costa lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex Doran

i went for costa simply because most others will so if he does good/bad i won't be too far behind.
although di maria at leicester seems like a good shout, however they are a big step up from QPR, especially when you're away to them.

sterling is always a good option, but balotelli is uncertain so he's be a bit of a punt.
adebayor is a no-no for me but if he had an awesome game you'd be laughing.

i'd just conform and go for costa like everybody else - if he doesn't score, most other people aren't gonna gain on you in captaincy anyway
Fpl rule number 1- Always Captain Costa lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

He is away to City who don't concede much (he will not be involved in more than 1 goal) and he is an injury risk which means he could get subbed off. In a close game Chelsea will want Remys pace for the break and Mourinho will not want to risk Costa. I know injuries have been exaggerated for him but he is definitely carrying a knock so being subbed off is a real risk and it is not a high scoring game anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest