The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Danny the Geezer
To the people with depressive illnesses-do you feel "guilty" for having one? Like it's kinda your fault and there's worse off people in the world which kind of puts your problems in perspective? I do-I get depressed over the slightest of things sometimes and it's like why??
People are going through war and famine and bereavements but stay strong.

Anyway as for tonight I have had too much coffee and fear a caffiene crash. How are we all anyway?

The thing is, Danny, **** is **** no matter how big or small it is. Just coz people are dying in Africa, doesn't mean that you have got off lightly in life. Everyone has their own problems and these problems deserve recognition and solving (if possible), so that everyone can be happy. Whether that's giving aid to a country or getting rid of a dictator... or improving access to talking therapies in the UK and reducing NHS waiting times :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
The thing is, Danny, **** is **** no matter how big or small it is. Just coz people are dying in Africa, doesn't mean that you have got off lightly in life. Everyone has their own problems and these problems deserve recognition and solving (if possible), so that everyone can be happy. Whether that's giving aid to a country or getting rid of a dictator... or improving access to talking therapies in the UK and reducing NHS waiting times :yep:

I agree. :smile: All problems should be taken at face value no matter how big or "small". If it crosses the threshold between "bug bare" and "problem" then there's no way of quantifying it's severity-it's just as it is and needs to be dealt with.
Who knew
Walking + dark + lightning storm + paranoia = horrific walk back from guides :sigh:

Though i did make it to guides i guess :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Who knew
Walking + dark + lightning storm + paranoia = horrific walk back from guides :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Well done for making it there.
Original post by PandaWho
Who knew

Posted from TSR Mobile

proud of you
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I'm sure we can help you on here to write out a list if you want?

I like doing bullet points cos they don't have to be in a particular order, and I find them easier to jot down than proper sentences. :colondollar:

Some questions you might want to think about: have you been experiencing low mood/anxiety/paranoia/hearing voices? Are you worried about your thoughts or actions? Have you been able to look after yourself, e.g. eating/washing/sleeping/going to college? Have any events triggered how you've been feeling or acting, e.g. your mum's behaviour? Has anything helped, or do you have ideas of things that might help (it's ok if you don't!)?

I can think up more questions if it'd help, but just say if you'd rather do it yourself. :smile:

:hugs:
Trying to do bullet points but not getting very far
:frown:

Original post by Noodlzzz
Those on APs - how do you cope with the sleepiness? I can't function before 11 and I start uni again next week with 9am starts :frown:

I try to go to bed eally early at night. And I sleep on the bus. :colondollar:
Original post by tasha96
:hugs:
Trying to do bullet points but not getting very far
:frown:

:console: You want any help or anything?
**** is hitting the fan in a big big way
Original post by ScaryScience

*holds up special ****-storm umbrella*

:hugs: anything you wanna talk about?

What's up? :hugs:
:console: You want any help or anything?

I dont want to take up anybodys time. :frown:
Original post by tasha96
I dont want to take up anybodys time. :frown:

:hugs: I'm busy avoiding washing up, I'll do anything to procrastinate! :tongue:
my referral to clinical psychology has come :woo::woo: i'm finally nearing the end of the waiting list :eek::eek:

appointments not for another month, and its at a crazy 8:30am, but still, end of the waiting list :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
my referral to clinical psychology has come :woo::woo: i'm finally nearing the end of the waiting list :eek::eek:

appointments not for another month, and its at a crazy 8:30am, but still, end of the waiting list :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

congrats :h: that's great, hopefully it helps!

:awesome: You made it! Have a sit down and a cup of tea, it's been a long wait. :tongue:
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
congrats :h: that's great, hopefully it helps!

thank you, i have my fingers crossed for it :h:

:awesome: You made it! Have a sit down and a cup of tea, it's been a long wait. :tongue:

oh gosh it has, about 9 months? crazy, but not the longest wait I've heard of :redface:

watch when they say they can't offer me anything...
thank you, i have my fingers crossed for it :h:

oh gosh it has, about 9 months? crazy, but not the longest wait I've heard of :redface:

watch when they say they can't offer me anything...

Well good luck, hopefully you'll get someone who knows what they're talking about. :smile:
:hugs: I'm busy avoiding washing up, I'll do anything to procrastinate! :tongue:

I just dont know how to verbalise all thats been happening. :cry2:
Original post by tasha96
I just dont know how to verbalise all thats been happening. :cry2:

:penguinhug: Will me asking questions help?

Latest