The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lugano and Mertersacker LOL. It'll be another 8-2 win for us :lol:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
They nearly signed Yaya Toure the same year, but couldn't get a work permit.

I've seen Diego Lugano and George McCartney mentioned as well, dear oh dear what a shambles. It's been obvious for over a year that Arsenal needed another centre half. I bet you there's an Arsenal blog somewhere that's written an article about how this is a deliberate ploy by Wenger to save on wages.

Original post by manchesterunited15
Tbf with they're at now, 4 fit defenders or whatever it is, they might as well get one of those three. It's all they can do with the window shut but free agents still allowed to move. But it just exposes what an awful transfer window it was.

Lugano and Mertesacker at CB with Arteta sitting though :rofl:

Shambles is the only word. It's not like we had a bunch of defenders suddenly leave against our will at the end of August or anything. If they sign one of these players on a free it's gonna only confirm that they know we need a CB (obviously we do) and that in the entire window (and the months before, if you're smart and capable like chelsea) they couldn't arrange the signings. Idiots.
Original post by deborarosa
LOL no you dont feel for him- you're happy inside. We have missed out on a few players who turned out to be great. But also signed players that turned out to be great lol you win some and you lose some I guess..

I wonder how Fergie feels for releasing Pogba :rolleyes:

Why so serious? :lolwut:. Ive always liked Wenger even though im a United fan, just because i support a rival club doesnt mean i cant appreciate a legendary manager that Wenger is (was judging by the last 2/3 seasons).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Why so serious? :lolwut:. Ive always liked Wenger even though im a United fan, just because i support a rival club doesnt mean i cant appreciate a legendary manager that Wenger is (was judging by the last 2/3 seasons).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same, he's a legend even though he's lost it. I was only old enough to see the last couple of years of it but Wenger vs Fergie was a great rivalry :moon:
Original post by manchesterunited15
Same, he's a legend even though he's lost it. I was only old enough to see the last couple of years of it but Wenger vs Fergie was a great rivalry :moon:

Exactly. The Arsenal United games these days lack a lot of intensity and heat from the early to mid 2000s. After the Liverpool games i used to always look forward to the Arsenal games against us. Wenger vs Fergie was always a legendary titan clash that should be remembered and celebrated (although Wenger lost it during the last few years of SAF's reign)
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wenger is my dad...too many people disrespect nowadays nothing personal to you tho
Original post by Stalin
Yeah, and he's only 29.

Yeah lol I'd be on that, just as short term. I know for sure he'd be better than Arteta in that. But also that might block us from potentially moving in for William Carvalho.
Reply 9527
Original post by sr90
x

Sig is goat just had to say
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
*Sighhh*

I know guys, I know we were crap but the whole point of that post was to emphasise the media's hatred for us and the love they have for other clubs even of they get rubbish results as well.

It was a joke. You two exhaust me.
Don't worry WOLO we're still a team..!

Fair enough :tongue: but Arsenal truly were woeful against Dortmund so I guess the negative press is justified. Although sometimes I do agree there's a witch hunt against Arsenal and especially against Ozil. But seeing his stats and watching him play, surely the negative press on him now is justifiable? I mean the guy did cost 42m...

You wouldn't want to leave the team even if you wanted to :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kruz
Yeah lol I'd be on that, just as short term. I know for sure he'd be better than Arteta in that. But also that might block us from potentially moving in for William Carvalho.

He'd be a great stop gap for the year - way better than Arteta and Flamini combined.
I reckon you guys will be fine against villa.
I think lawro on BBC Sport made a few good points - they already have 10 points and they're also at home.
Will they really sit back like they did against us?

I think you guys will win comfortably although I hope otherwise.
Original post by Lúcio
I reckon you guys will be fine against villa.
I think lawro on BBC Sport made a few good points - they already have 10 points and they're also at home.
Will they really sit back like they did against us?

I think you guys will win comfortably although I hope otherwise.

yes they will sit back.....

getting a few points on the board in your first few games doesn't turn you in to barcelona their players are still vastly inferior technically to arsenal and will clearly set up to counter like they would whether they had 100 points or 0 points
Original post by baconbutty
yes they will sit back.....

getting a few points on the board in your first few games doesn't turn you in to barcelona their players are still vastly inferior technically to arsenal and will clearly set up to counter like they would whether they had 100 points or 0 points

maybe they will, maybe they won't
because they're at home maybe they'll try to attack a little more?
i suppose it isn't important anyway.
one thing going for you is that their home form under lambert is very bad indeed.

they were decent at anfield but their win was more down to us being laughably bad rather than them being good.
you won't make the same mistake - villa aren't chelsea; you can break them down if you play half decent.
I am your dad, Arsenal thread
Reply 9534
Original post by Hold My Liquor
I am your dad, Arsenal thread

puny g
Original post by Fizzel
Your qua post monitoring is bordering on fetish tbh.

Umad cos

1) qua my darling
2) you not my darling
3) qua pwned you
4) my choice of rapper is better than yours
5) MK DONS 4-0 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

4) my choice of rapper is better than yours
I was reppin Yeezy long before you were on tsr.
Original post by Fizzel
I was reppin Yeezy long before you were on tsr.

as if that means anything brah

stick to your nose pinned martyr, leave real rappers to me
Reply 9538
as if that means anything brah

stick to your nose pinned martyr, leave real rappers to me
You cannot give me any advice!

Latest