The Student Room Group

Can i do Dentistry

I didn't do as good as i had originally hoped at GCSE. I got 1A*, 3A's and 7B's. I want to do Dentistry at Kings College preferably but also another uni that i fit the entry requirements for.

I want to get :
AAAA in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Business Studies. I have revised a lot recently and am doing very well class as well as attending after school sessions. These grades will give the rpedcitons of A*A*A* at A2.

If i get a really high UKCAT (780 or more) Plus all my volunteering, Work experience at a dentist, Medical practice and a Hospital. Do i stand a chance of getting an offer?|
Yes you do stand a good chance. Be sure to build a lot of diverse experiences, and be sure to show what you have learned from them and how that helps to strengthen you for the role of one day being a dentist. Keep up the good work and you'll have a great chance!
I want to do dentistry as well at Birmingham uni, my home town, and my GCSE grades weren't great either. Cried for three days straight lol.
Original post by KittyRe-play
I want to do dentistry as well at Birmingham uni, my home town, and my GCSE grades weren't great either. Cried for three days straight lol.

Another fellow Brummy! Don't worry pick yourself up and work hard!
Original post by Joey Tribbiani
Another fellow Brummy! Don't worry pick yourself up and work hard!

Are you a brummy? Yeah its my first year at sixth form going okay so far.
Hey guys, I was wondering if you think I have any chance of getting into dentistry.
My gcse grades are 2a* 6 as and 2bs (maths and french)
hoping to get AAAa in 3 sciences and economics.
Providing I get gd ukcat score and do work experience, do i stand any chance of getting in? Or will i have to apply abroad to have any chance of doing dentistry at all.

What are you doing right now? In uni or college
Original post by TyrionTywin
What are you doing right now? In uni or college

In college :h:
In college :h:

kwl, what degree are you thinking of doing and do you think I stand a chance of doing dentistry or shall I do something else like pharmacy?
Original post by TyrionTywin
kwl, what degree are you thinking of doing and do you think I stand a chance of doing dentistry or shall I do something else like pharmacy?

I have had this "dream" of becoming a dentist so I'm going for dentistry if things turn out well. You do stand a chance just make sure to smash your a levels and do loads of work experience. You might not get into the top unis but you will have a chance in other unis. Plus my plan B is pharmacy and you do know you can apply for 5 courses when applying to uni? Do you mind if its abroad?
Are you a brummy? Yeah its my first year at sixth form going okay so far.

Yupp im a local lol. Going to UoB.
Original post by Joey Tribbiani
Yupp im a local lol. Going to UoB.

Where do you live? I'm from Balsall Heath. What course are you gonna do? I wanna go to UoB so bad...to do dentistry.
Where do you live? I'm from Balsall Heath. What course are you gonna do? I wanna go to UoB so bad...to do dentistry.

Ahaaa no way i moved from there last almost 2 years ago. Private message me i might know you

Quick Reply

Latest