The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hi, I'm thinking about applying for economics.
GCSE's: 7 A*'s and 4 A's.
Predicted grades are all A*'s in maths, physics, chemistry and economics. Should I get an offer if I have a good personal statement even though I do not have further maths? My school does not offer it
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by mmccann
Hi, I'm thinking about applying for economics.
GCSE's: 7 A*'s and 4 A's.
Predicted grades are all A*'s in maths, physics, chemistry and economics. Should I get an offer if I have a good personal statement even though I do not have further maths? My school does not offer it

If good reason why you did not do FM and with those grades snd a good PS you probably hv a good chance in getting an offer.
Reply 82
Im really stuck on whether to pick eco or maths and econ:frown: I know econ is harder to get into!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Im really stuck on whether to pick eco or maths and econ:frown: I know econ is harder to get into!

Posted from TSR Mobile

they take on more people for econ, 210!! they take like 60 for econ and maths. so i'd argue econ is easier to get into - especially if econ and math grades are decent (90+UMS)
Reply 84
Original post by shouldBstudying
I believe so! I think I saw that number on the site or UCAS. I'm from within the EU and doing the IB. What did you get on your AP tests? Did you take world history?

Hi! I'm Indian but I live in Japan and I'm doing the IB too! Just out of curiosity do you take math HL?
Reply 85
Original post by kurofune
I'm actually done. Only thing I got left is spellcheck. I'm also applying to Oxford, UCL, Edinburgh, and KCL.

What course did you apply for at UCL?
Reply 86
Original post by jchap9776
they take on more people for econ, 210!! they take like 60 for econ and maths. so i'd argue econ is easier to get into - especially if econ and math grades are decent (90+UMS)

Oo you've convinced me already haha:tongue: my other choices are all straight econ so it would make sense:redface: but in s1 I got 88 ums, would this be a significant disadvantage?
Thanks!:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 87
My prediction may be 3A*s which are maths, further maths and physics, and an A in Economics. I want to apply for Economics. Do I have a chance if I can't get A* prediction in Economics?
If your target grade is an a because you got an a in econ AS, you are fine. If you got a b in econ AS it may be a bit tight
Original post by sr-96
Oo you've convinced me already haha:tongue: my other choices are all straight econ so it would make sense:redface: but in s1 I got 88 ums, would this be a significant disadvantage?
Thanks!:biggrin:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got exactly the same in s1 so banking on it not mattering as im applying lse econ too, guess we'll be full on competing haha! Where else did you apply and what r ur ums grades across the board??
Reply 90
I got exactly the same in s1 so banking on it not mattering as im applying lse econ too, guess we'll be full on competing haha! Where else did you apply and what r ur ums grades across the board?? 😊😊😊

Haha:tongue: do you mean what other universities am I applying to? Are you asking about maths UMS or UMS marks for all subjects?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Haha:tongue: do you mean what other universities am I applying to? Are you asking about maths UMS or UMS marks for all subjects?:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah what other unis are you picking and ums for all subjects? :smile::colondollar:
Original post by 2015brj
What course did you apply for at UCL?

PPE.
Reply 93
yeah what other unis are you picking and ums for all subjects? :smile::colondollar:

Applying to cambridge, lse, ucl, Warwick and Bristol. What about you?:smile:
Took biology, chemistry, maths and economics at AS.
Biology- A(293/300) unit 1-93/100 unit 2-140/140 unit 3-60/60
Chemistry-A(267/300) unit 1-80/100 unit 2-128/140 unit 3-60/60
Economics- A(197/200) unit 1-100 unit 2-97
Maths-A(286/300) c1-98 c2-100 s1-88
Whats your ums like?:smile: picked up FM this year, annoyed I didnt do it last year:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Applying to cambridge, lse, ucl, Warwick and Bristol. What about you?:smile:
Took biology, chemistry, maths and economics at AS.
Biology- A(293/300) unit 1-93/100 unit 2-140/140 unit 3-60/60
Chemistry-A(267/300) unit 1-80/100 unit 2-128/140 unit 3-60/60
Economics- A(197/200) unit 1-100 unit 2-97
Maths-A(286/300) c1-98 c2-100 s1-88
Whats your ums like?:smile: picked up FM this year, annoyed I didnt do it last year:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah that's sick! i'm applying Cambridge, lse, ucl, warwick, Exeter.
took economics maths further maths and historyat AS.
Maths (300/300) c1-100, c2-100, m1-100
Further Maths (277/300) fp1-91 d1- 98 s1-88
history (188/200) unit 1-92 unit 2 -96
economics (192/2000 micro-100 macro-92

so we're pretty even tbh, which college did u apply to for Cambridge?
Reply 95
Do lse tend to ask economics applicants for their ums scores?
Reply 96
ah that's sick! i'm applying Cambridge, lse, ucl, warwick, Exeter.
took economics maths further maths and historyat AS.
Maths (300/300) c1-100, c2-100, m1-100
Further Maths (277/300) fp1-91 d1- 98 s1-88
history (188/200) unit 1-92 unit 2 -96
economics (192/2000 micro-100 macro-92

so we're pretty even tbh, which college did u apply to for Cambridge?

Your UMS scores are pretty awesome!:biggrin: going to apply for fitz:smile: what about you? Whats your ums average accross your best 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 97
Original post by mmccann
Do lse tend to ask economics applicants for their ums scores?

Yes but only if your applying for straight econ:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr-96
Your UMS scores are pretty awesome!:biggrin: going to apply for fitz:smile: what about you? Whats your ums average accross your best 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :smile: Ah nice, I'm applying to Jesus and I think my ums not including further maths is average of 97.1 I think, not 100% sure :smile: :P
Reply 99
Thanks! :smile: Ah nice, I'm applying to Jesus and I think my ums not including further maths is average of 97.1 I think, not 100% sure :smile: :P

Oh I was going for Jesus before but I changed my mind:tongue:
That is strong! :biggrin: best of luck in your application, hopefully we both get in:awesome:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending