The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fizzel
You cannot give me any advice!

bro pls, i schooling you. Your nagger been dead for two decades. Yeezy has a better discography
Reply 9541
Original post by Hold My Liquor
Yeezy has a better discography

Dark Fantasy was legit THE GOAT hip hop album.
Original post by swarly
Dark Fantasy was legit THE GOAT hip hop album.

yeah ngl I haven't heard every album that people nominate for dat accolade, but of the ones I have heard, Dark Fantasy ****s on all of them.

If you don't appreciate Dark Fantasy, do this. Get high, and wake up early the next morning, your head will be a bit light but also clear. Get your earphones in, and on top of them, some sound proof industrial muffler. Then sit on a train for an hour and a half and just listen to ma boi
Reply 9543
yeah ngl I haven't heard every album that people nominate for dat accolade, but of the ones I have heard, Dark Fantasy ****s on all of them.

If you don't appreciate Dark Fantasy, do this. Get high, and wake up early the next morning, your head will be a bit light but also clear. Get your earphones in, and on top of them, some sound proof industrial muffler. Then sit on a train for an hour and a half and just listen to ma boi

you seen this tho?

so beautiful:colondollar:

and lel that interview I was telling you about, he compares the making of All of the Lights to how Nike made the Nike Flyknit shoes :rofl:
(edited 9 years ago)
bro pls, i schooling you. Your nagger been dead for two decades. Yeezy has a better discography
Yeezy's got the quantity, never matched the quality.
Also hold my liquor is a tune and a half, didn't like it at first but it just makes you want to whip out the JD and drink from the bottle.
Reply 9546
Original post by Fizzel

lel the other way round. Yeezy says he spent some 10,000 hours a song on Dark Fantasy. Pac's whole career is probably 10,000 hours. He would just go studio, hear the beat, write, and spit.

All Eyez On Me was recorded in what, 2 weeks? There's just a video of him on youtube not giving af about the beat, or who's on the chorus, he just goes in the studio and fires off like 30 sixteens, to any beat.
Original post by swarly
lel the other way round. Yeezy says he spent some 10,000 hours a song on Dark Fantasy. Pac's whole career is probably 10,000 hours. He would just go studio, hear the beat, write, and spit.

All Eyez On Me was recorded in what, 2 weeks? There's just a video of him on youtube not giving af about the beat, or who's on the chorus, he just goes in the studio and fires off like 30 sixteens, to any beat.
Not really sure how that backs up your point, basically someone who spends loads of time against someone who just does it on the fly, practise against raw talent. Plus 10,000 per song is clear bull****, basic arithmetic, although it is bar a margin his best album of late if not to date. My fav Kanye song is on that album.
Original post by swarly
you seen this tho?

so beautiful:colondollar:

and lel that interview I was telling you about, he compares the making of All of the Lights to how Nike made the Nike Flyknit shoes :rofl:

yer watched it about 100 times, Selita Ebanks PLEASE
SHAKESPEARE IN THE FLESH doesn't seem overboard when you see **** like that. Visionary

Original post by Fizzel

nah lol. Pac doesn't show the quality for me. He preaches and preaches well. Kanye's preached/socially commentated to nearly the same degree, and has more charisma, far better production, more music and more variety. Kanye got it all
Original post by Fizzel
My fav Kanye song is on that album.

What song is that?
pls say Monster, Runaway or Blame Game
nah lol. Pac doesn't show the quality for me. He preaches and preaches well. Kanye's preached/socially commentated to nearly the same degree, and has more charisma, far better production, more music and more variety. Kanye got it all
Mostly agree, but its different eras especially with the production although Kanye has an extra string in his bow there.

Original post by jam278
What song is that?
Gorgeous. Don't really know why, its probably not his best, not even on that album. But I prefer it to all the hits of that album like Power and Monster. Making me question it now.
Reply 9552
pls go back to misc thread

all you're doing is ending the AR_95 Arsenal thread and it's heart breaking ;(
Reply 9553
Also. Until some one announces ( arsenal fan) they're making the next thread. I will be doing it since no one else has and I'm not letting SUG/Butty or some other plonk do it
Reply 9554
Original post by Fizzel
Mostly agree, but its different eras especially with the production although Kanye has an extra string in his bow there.

Gorgeous. Don't really know why, its probably not his best, not even on that album. But I prefer it to all the hits of that album like Power and Monster. Making me question it now.

Nah dont question it. Heard the album from start to finish well over 100 times, and Gorgeous is my favourite.

There's something about the irony of the harsh beat and lyrics, and then calling it gorgeous. Then going so far to call America gorgeous, when you are clearly still going by the slave name given to your ancestors.
Original post by swarly
There's something about the irony of the harsh beat and lyrics, and then calling it gorgeous. Then going so far to call America gorgeous, when you are clearly still going by the slave name given to your ancestors.
Yeah getting a bit art gallery bull**** here, but I just imagine the beat being set to city like Detriot or something, all industrial and everything in decline.
Reply 9556

yo get high and watch Cosmos.

will not disappoint.
Devil in a new Dress for me on that album.

Best tune from Kanyeezy is good morning.
Kanye is ****e
Original post by jam278
Best tune from Kanyeezy is good morning.
I like it, but I don't think its even the best on that album, Homecoming and Can't Tell Me Nothing are better imo. Homecoming is probably one of my favs too.

Latest