The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Phew, getting scared you were that moody bastard Caster Troy.

He's a right misery guts
Original post by angelfox
Poverty like Podolski is on £100k a week, Giroud £60k a week, Ryo on £20k etc. It all adds up.

Willian, Schurrle, Oscar will all be on £100k+ .Fabregas, Hazard will be on closer to £200k if not beyond that. The likes of Salah will be on £60k

How much do you reckon Cech/Coutois get between them compared with Szcz/Ospina?
Azpi/Luis vs Gibbs/Monreal?
squad midfielders like Rameires/Mikel compared with Flamini/AOC?

Gibbs and Chambers are first team now, they probably earn less combined than Ivanovic does.

I'm not trying to say that Arsenal have a smart wage bill but it's just not higher, or even close. We have Sanchez, Ozil on comparable wages to about 7 of their players and then a little group of Podolski, Walcott on £100k with the likes of Ramsey, Koscielny, Giroud earning what Salah probably earns.

Coincidently, we need to ship out Podolski as soon as possible. The guy has turned into an absolute clown tbh.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by angelfox
He's a right misery guts

He just complains about everything and anything.
Surely arsenal's wage bill isn't higher than Chelsea's?
That definitely seems off for me.

It's late and I cba reading comments above but I don't believe that one bit.
If it's true though, lol at arsenal...
Remember reading Fabregas was around 200k when he joined, Hazard's new contract will be 200k, then I think it's Costa but that's around 130 irc. Cech/Terry 120k. Ivanovic/Remy/ Willian/Schurrle/Cahill 70-100k. Oscars still on his original contract, I remember seeing the figure at like 30k back in 2012/13 and Salah is 35k. Bertrand was 35k with a new contract last year, Mata was 60 at the time which was relatively low.

Lampard and Cole were on like 100k each I reckon on one year contracts, Torres was 175k, ridiculous, and Luiz was around 110 I think as he signed a new contract beginning of 12/13. So from this summer we wiped off pretty much 400-500k and then used like 300-350k on superior players. Plus the 80 odd million from the Luiz and Lukaku deals.

Point is we wiped off a lot of our wage bill this Summer whilst, despite however many players you released, you must have added heavily. Sanchez must be up there with Ozil as near the top earners tbh.

But yeah, it's all the press on another of there factless baseless witch hunts again.
Feeling somewhat confident about today, Villa haven't beaten us at Villa Park since the Santa incident in 1998.

But saying that, we are fully capable of ****ing things up, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9606
Original post by Peggles_*
Feeling somewhat confident about today, Villa haven't beaten us at Villa Park since the Santa incident in 1998.

But saying that, we are fully capable of ****ing things up, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gabby will rek Mertesacker m8.
Original post by The Shed End
Remember reading Fabregas was around 200k when he joined, Hazard's new contract will be 200k, then I think it's Costa but that's around 130 irc. Cech/Terry 120k. Ivanovic/Remy/ Willian/Schurrle/Cahill 70-100k. Oscars still on his original contract, I remember seeing the figure at like 30k back in 2012/13 and Salah is 35k. Bertrand was 35k with a new contract last year, Mata was 60 at the time which was relatively low.

Lampard and Cole were on like 100k each I reckon on one year contracts, Torres was 175k, ridiculous, and Luiz was around 110 I think as he signed a new contract beginning of 12/13. So from this summer we wiped off pretty much 400-500k and then used like 300-350k on superior players. Plus the 80 odd million from the Luiz and Lukaku deals.

Point is we wiped off a lot of our wage bill this Summer whilst, despite however many players you released, you must have added heavily. Sanchez must be up there with Ozil as near the top earners tbh.

But yeah, it's all the press on another of there factless baseless witch hunts again.

I wouldn't say it's a witchhunt but it is, in all likelihood, wrong. We added 5 players and sold 3. That will have increased our wage bill but I wouldn't say it increased it "heavily". And Chelsea didn't ONLY add costa and fabregas, (both on higher wages than anyone at our club), they also added Filipe Luis, Remy and Drogba.

And I don't really know why you're mentioning the transfer fees for Luiz and Lukaku in a discussion about wages. :confused:
Original post by e aí rapaz
I wouldn't say it's a witchhunt but it is, in all likelihood, wrong. We added 5 players and sold 3. That will have increased our wage bill but I wouldn't say it increased it "heavily". And Chelsea didn't ONLY add costa and fabregas, (both on higher wages than anyone at our club), they also added Filipe Luis, Remy and Drogba.

And I don't really know why you're mentioning the transfer fees for Luiz and Lukaku in a discussion about wages. :confused:

Debuchy will be on less than Sagna, Chambers much less than Vermaelen. Ospina will be on something like Fabianski. Sanchez and Welbeck will be on about £200k between them, minus Bendtner and we've probably increased by £150k. To put in context, Cesc alone earns that and more, ignoring Costa, Remy, Luis, Drogba, Courtois, Zouma etc.

This story seems just an attempt to discredit Arsenal, it's ludicrous.
got a really good feeling about today..

Not sure why, but just feel that dortmund game will be a wake-up, and today we will bounce back and win comfortably..

3-1 arsenal is my prediction
Reply 9610
Maybe the marble floor shiners were included as part of the wage bill :moon:
After the previous game, for the first time in my life I would rather study than waste my time watching the game. I can always see the highlights.
I can't remember a game where we dominated throughout, we always struggle against teams and are lucky to get some points, our tactics have been poor, we are wasteful. when Chelsea get the ball they look like they will score same with many other teams. We wait for the opposition to regroup then we try to pass through 10 bodies ...I really miss the directness and power we use to show! Until we start winning 3-0 on a consistent basis I will invest my time to watch the full games.
Original post by Jgco2chem
After the previous game, for the first time in my life I would rather study than waste my time watching the game. I can always see the highlights.
I can't remember a game where we dominated throughout, we always struggle against teams and are lucky to get some points, our tactics have been poor, we are wasteful. when Chelsea get the ball they look like they will score same with many other teams. We wait for the opposition to regroup then we try to pass through 10 bodies ...I really miss the directness and power we use to show! Until we start winning 3-0 on a consistent basis I will invest my time to watch the full games.

Go support another team.
Original post by Jgco2chem

Good for you, but I doubt your viewership will be missed enough to count as a wakeup call to Arsene.
Original post by junaid95
Go support another team.

I still love Arsenal, but when you watch a game taking up your study time and then the negativity from the aftermath affects you thinking why.. and drawing up possibilities it ends up taking more time then just the 90 minutes. then affecting my mood for the rest of the day is not good.
I like to positive
Original post by e aí rapaz

Lukaku and Luiz deals contributed heavily to what we did in the window and it's all related to FFP. Costa's on 130k and Ozil is 150k?

Luis' is a three year contract so reckon that's about 80-100 same as Remy and I'd be surprised if Drogba's was any more than 60-70 as it's only one year.
Our lineup:

Szczesny
Chambers - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Gibbs
Ramsey - Arteta
Chamberlain - Ozil - Cazorla
Welbeck
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9617
I'm sure we'll get the 3 points today. What I'd like to see is more creative output going forward and actually getting those shots on target ( which we hardly have any)

Anyways still think we're going with 4-1-4-1.
Cazorla starting in for Wilshere, could this FINALLY mean Wenger putting Ozil in the middle where he belongs?! A man can hope :rolleyes:
Reply 9619
Original post by Arkasia
Our lineup:

Szczesny
Chambers - Koscielny - Mertesacker - Gibbs
Ramsey - Arteta
Sanchez - Ozil - Cazorla
Welbeck

are you sure that's gunna line up 4231, or will ramsey be next to ozil making it 4141?

Latest