The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ribbit1234
Your physique is hella sexyyy

Why hello there. I don't believe I mentioned I'm single. Wink wink

Original post by In One Ear

I think the morale of the story is that most people are absolutely rubbish at guessing peoples weights whilst clothed...you can make most people look either fairly jacked or fairly skinny just by changing the sizing and fit of the clothes they wear because you can only really judge relative to the clothes when fully dressed unless you have a good eye and some experience with estimating these things.

I agree with this. See attached a pic of me in a suit for a typical day in the office. Even I myself wouldn't guess I'm too much over 100kg in there, probably just slightly south of it.

I don't have a very low bodyfat percentage (though I'm not fat either) and as such the definition in my muscle is lost which then takes away from the 'jacked' appearance.

The guys who look defined don't always necessarily weigh all that much.

Guess my weight 3.jpg

A few people seem to have missed my post on how much I weigh: the correct answer was 109.7kg.
14.5-15 stone.
13 st, 3 lbs.
Reply 43
Hah, your physique is almost identical to mine. I'm slightly broader and have lost a little now, but yea. (last pic in the suit is either old af or something, but misrepresents!)
Original post by samba
Hah, your physique is almost identical to mine. I'm slightly broader and have lost a little now, but yea. (last pic in the suit is either old af or something, but misrepresents!)

I'm the same weight in that pic as I am now. Just wanted to prove another poster's point how clothing drastically changes the perception of weight.
I was going to guess 105kg, which wouldn't have been too far away.
Reply 46
Original post by snakesnake
Why hello there. I don't believe I mentioned I'm single. Wink wink

I agree with this. See attached a pic of me in a suit for a typical day in the office. Even I myself wouldn't guess I'm too much over 100kg in there, probably just slightly south of it.

I don't have a very low bodyfat percentage (though I'm not fat either) and as such the definition in my muscle is lost which then takes away from the 'jacked' appearance.

The guys who look defined don't always necessarily weigh all that much.

Guess my weight 3.jpg

A few people seem to have missed my post on how much I weigh: the correct answer was 109.7kg.

Now could you put that in stone?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Congratulations! You are by far the closest and almost the only person here who guessed a triple digit bodyweight.

When I weighed myself Thursday I was 109.7kg, I fluctuate around the 108-110kg region.

Obviously as I don't walk around topless, then the impression I leave is the one that you get when you see me in a shirt. I can understand the underestimates on the internet due to having no frame of reference to compare me against something, however as I said people whom I see in real life also all underestimate me.

I seem to pack on muscle into my thighs really easily, back too somewhat, but these are not the traditional chest-arms areas that most people associate with high muscle mass which is where I am lacking. Most people who weigh anywhere near I do have arms far thicker than mine which due to the upper body focused world we live in makes them seem bigger.

What does your training look like? If it's strength based that would probably explain the lack of arm mass
I'll need a shirtless one. Can I have one in your underwear only?
Reply 51
240lbs
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by clh_hilary
I'll need a shirtless one. Can I have one in your underwear only?

I did post a shirtless one on the second page of this thread. Underwear only is reserved for private viewings with members of the opposite sex. As you do not meet that criteria, I'm afraid I can't oblige.

Original post by commandant
What does your training look like? If it's strength based that would probably explain the lack of arm mass

Strength based doesn't necessarily mean lack of arm mass, though I do appreciate the arm focused training that bodybuilding focuses on.

I've trained where I've had high volume arm days and when I've done minimal arm isolation work and it seems to make little difference. My arms have grown but not as much as you'd expect from someone my size.

My training is 4x a week, focusing on the Olympic lifts (every time), squats 3x a week (front and back) and some sort of pull on the 4th day, plus pull ups/rows and bench/overhead/push press.
I did post a shirtless one on the second page of this thread. Underwear only is reserved for private viewings with members of the opposite sex. As you do not meet that criteria, I'm afraid I can't oblige.

Sexist tbf.

Strength based doesn't necessarily mean lack of arm mass, though I do appreciate the arm focused training that bodybuilding focuses on.

I've trained where I've had high volume arm days and when I've done minimal arm isolation work and it seems to make little difference. My arms have grown but not as much as you'd expect from someone my size.

My training is 4x a week, focusing on the Olympic lifts (every time), squats 3x a week (front and back) and some sort of pull on the 4th day, plus pull ups/rows and bench/overhead/push press.

It usually does, if you want big arms, train your arms hard just like you train your olympic lifts and squats hard.
Enough to break the ice?
Original post by commandant
It usually does, if you want big arms, train your arms hard just like you train your olympic lifts and squats hard.

This.
My arms have grown but not as much as you'd expect from someone my size.

Also, you're not that big lol :biggrin: Shed some of that fat and then see how you look. At the moment nothing special
Over 90kg easily. Question is if you have reached 100kg. Not sure.

Oh wow 109 that is a lot. I would have guessed around 100 at best.
(edited 9 years ago)
He looks 70 kg

Latest