The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

I am still growing to like Clara more, but I would prefer a different companion. And I would still like to see a male companion, more than one companion, and a non-human companion.

Guest cast announced for the Christmas special:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Feefifofum
I am still growing to like Clara more, but I would prefer a different companion. And I would still like to see a male companion, more than one companion, and a non-human companion.

Guest cast announced for the Christmas special:

Spoiler

As long as it doesn't become the Victorian bunch I totally agree.

Also calling it now, by the end of the series the Doctor will say he is c. 3000 years old because he keeps going off without Clara and then collecting her every episode.
Original post by SirMasterKey

Also calling it now, by the end of the series the Doctor will say he is c. 3000 years old because he keeps going off without Clara and then collecting her every episode.

I wonder why the Doctor doesn't have more than one companion at the same time then, if he's not with Clara all the time...
Original post by Maid Marian
I wonder why the Doctor doesn't have more than one companion at the same time then, if he's not with Clara all the time...

Blantantly sleeping with them all. He drops them off and goes on to the next. What a bad man.
Blantantly sleeping with them all. He drops them off and goes on to the next. What a bad man.

Such a playa.
Reply 3845

this is the most logical explanation

I'm now picturing some sort of alien event happening, Clara goes to see what's going on and the Doctor is there with another companion 'Well...this is awkward...'
at the end of this series clara dies and doesn't come back and the doctor gets amnesia
Original post by pryngles
at the end of this series clara dies and doesn't come back and the doctor gets amnesia

You'd better be joking.
tomtjl

By the way, did anybody else find issue with the fact that 'the end of the universe' didn't at all correlate with what were were told was the end of the universe when Tennant was The Doctor? The episode when we meet The Master?

YES!! This irritated the hell out of me!

I did rather like the premise of this episode. The whole idea that the Doctor might just come up with an idea, and investigate it, rather than the usual "Doctor lands somewhere random - OMG there's trouble afoot - oh how convenient the Doctor is here to save us all" thing. I mean, that's great :biggrin:, but I loved that Listen was something different.
That was meh. Really it was, 2mins for a story wrap up.

Cue the praise for this episode.
Really disappointed with that episode tbh, I am partial to storylines with twists and turns, but this episode was too unclear in what was actually happening. It kind of reminded me of the blinking angels episode with the gradual un-raveling of the storyline which I do really like, but I just found this one very cheesy and not unique enough, almost like a rip off of every action film ever. Next weeks doesn't look too promising either
I thought that was great!
Meh, didn't cover how the Doctor had managed to get in to put those cases in etc.
Reply 3854
It was obvious from too early on that the Doctor was the architect, so no big surprise when he realised it himself.

Did this episode have any previous episode links? I couldn't see anything obvious, but was wondering whether I'm just forgetful.
Am I the only one who really enjoyed this episode? :P
Was really hoping that those teleport beams would have led to the characters dying and going onto Missy.
Was also hoping that the Teller was going to be the architect. That would have been a good twist.
Original post by Aula
It was obvious from too early on that the Doctor was the architect, so no big surprise when he realised it himself.

Did this episode have any previous episode links? I couldn't see anything obvious, but was wondering whether I'm just forgetful.

Couldn't see any apart from perhaps the minotaur and the psychic thing both looked kinda similar jaw wise and both fed off thoughts (one belief, one guilt)
Reply 3859
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Couldn't see any apart from perhaps the minotaur and the psychic thing both looked kinda similar jaw wise and both fed off thoughts (one belief, one guilt)

Mmm, could be that one I guess.
Or maybe my thought that episodes this season were going to link back to a previous one was just wrong.

Or... maybe only episodes with Missy in will obviously link back :holmes:
(or I may just be being hopeful now)

Quick Reply

Latest