The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I sent off Chemistry (AQA iGCSE) today. I need 3 or 4 marks over 2 papers (180 marks). I'm praying for it to go up!
Sent off 3 physics papers for 2ums marks, if it doesn't go up thats £100 lost :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I AM SO NERVOUS. What are my chances?! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got my Physics paper result back. My Physics grade moved from a B to an A, so I was content with that!
Reply 424
Just a reminder that the official deadline to request a remark is tomorrow! :smile:
I've just sent 2 RS papers off for a remark because my scores where unusually low, and now I am really regretting it. I need to gain 5/6 raw marks on each paper and if I go down 1 I will drop a grade. However, some remarks for other people came back today (they only had one paper done) and they have all gone up by at least 4-8 marks. Any reassurance? :frown:
Original post by DustToDust
I've just sent 2 RS papers off for a remark because my scores where unusually low, and now I am really regretting it. I need to gain 5/6 raw marks on each paper and if I go down 1 I will drop a grade. However, some remarks for other people came back today (they only had one paper done) and they have all gone up by at least 4-8 marks. Any reassurance? :frown:

I was on results plus today and saw that I had been marked a bit low (by 2 marks) on one of my questions. Hopefully, that should assure you that things should be fine :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
I was on results plus today and saw that I had been marked a bit low (by 2 marks) on one of my questions. Hopefully, that should assure you that things should be fine :smile: Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you, I do feel like I did a lot better than what I was credited for. Honestly not that bothered about it going any higher anymore, just don't want to drop!! :frown:
Original post by DustToDust
thank you, I do feel like I did a lot better than what I was credited for. Honestly not that bothered about it going any higher anymore, just don't want to drop!! :frown:

Aha, yeah! Don't worry, I think you'll be fine: after all, you said you feel as though you did better, which was just like me with my other subjects that were remarked successfully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha, yeah! Don't worry, I think you'll be fine: after all, you said you feel as though you did better, which was just like me with my other subjects that were remarked successfully :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where you close to the lower boundary like me, or where you quite secure?
I got a grade D in my English Literature, I was 2 marks away from a C, I got 118 UMS, 120 UMS for a C. I sent both my papers off for a remark, they haven't came back yet does anybody no why?
So if Im not happy with the remark how many time can you resit ? Also, will the second resit be final even if u hav higher in the first one?????
Original post by geek4ev15
So if Im not happy with the remark how many time can you resit ? Also, will the second resit be final even if u hav higher in the first one?????

You can resit as many times as you want. You will get a certificate for each one, including the one you are currently unhappy with. If you score higher in the resit, it is perfectly acceptable to say you have that grade in the subject, and if you score lower in the resit, it is also acceptable to say you got your initial grade. However, please do consider that when you apply to university, you must declare all certificated grades, so both grades you get in the subject - yes, the highest and the lowest - no matter what they are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got both my maths and chemistry igcse remarks back today- maths was ONE mark off an A, and chemistry was one mark off an A*- they didn't change :'(
Original post by TheECY98
I got both my maths and chemistry igcse remarks back today- maths was ONE mark off an A, and chemistry was one mark off an A*- they didn't change :'(

Ah man, a B and an A are still great. Just try to do really well next year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thnx alot for the info, and it really helped. Im doing eng literature this year and I understand the questions but not the structure u need to write the 30 mark answers and the mark scheme at all. Is eng lit. Harder than eng lang?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Socks1234
I got a grade D in my English Literature, I was 2 marks away from a C, I got 118 UMS, 120 UMS for a C. I sent both my papers off for a remark, they haven't came back yet does anybody no why?

I sent English Literature and Language off and haven't got either back yet :/ hoping they come back soon!
All remarks successful:

AQA English Language - 5 mark increase (6 neeed for grade change)

AQA French - 12 mark increase (unit grade moved from B to A* and overall grade moved from A to A*)

OCR Physics B - huge increase (grade went from A to A*)

This just really shows the inconsistency in marking across all exam boards. I really do now lack faith in the system. The only exam board I have some trust in is Edexcel.
All remarks successful:

AQA English Language - 5 mark increase (6 neeed for grade change)

AQA French - 12 mark increase (unit grade moved from B to A* and overall grade moved from A to A*)

OCR Physics B - huge increase (grade went from A to A*)

This just really shows the inconsistency in marking across all exam boards. I really do now lack faith in the system. The only exam board I have some trust in is Edexcel.

Wow those are amazing grades and such a big change too. My science went up 7 marks (A) and my maths went up by 4 marks (A*)
Original post by geek4ev15
Wow those are amazing grades and such a big change too. My science went up 7 marks (A) and my maths went up by 4 marks (A*)

your maths grade went up?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest