The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deshi
Every game it feels like we can surely only get better after the Villa match but nope, absolute ****ing mediocrity.

Don't care if we're only a few games in, wouldn't even bet on us finishing top four at the moment.

villa: 1/10
ludogorets: 3/10
west ham: lol/10
(edited 9 years ago)
All these signings of unknown and average-decent players.
20 million Markovic no where to be seen.
16 million Ballotelli is the ****ter version of Berbatov.
Your full-backs will get ripped against an opponent in the top 6 of the BPL, can't defend all offence.
Can't wait to see Manquilo and Moreno bomb forward every single second of the CL match against Bale on one wing and Ronaldo on the other :smile:
Original post by Kruz
K. Ludogorets or Dortmund hmmm. Not like you absolutely dominated them :smile:.

ludogorets are boss.
i would say 3 points is 3 points but 1 good performance out of the first 6 is hilarious for a club aiming for top 4.

getting beaten by managers like lambert and big sam
makes me want to cry.
That was just terrible. Is 4th place going to even reach 70 pts this season? Spurs, United and now Liverpool don't look like getting it. Everton won't cos of Europa. Southampton for 4th? :lol:

To be fair based on results last season Liverpool would have only 1 more point based on the same games played.
This is really bad!!

Our defense is too short to win any trophy!
guaranteed not to be top half by the end of tomorrow.
bottom half club, dem feels :/
And theeere goes a top 4 place imo
Original post by samba
You had 3 players to carry you last season though. You only had one of the pitch today with Sturridge out. You'll be fine when he comes back I think, but 3rd/4th is asking a lot.

They deserve it :lol: Not all of them, but some have been complete ***** lately.

The football we played last season were completely dependant on the movement and pace of those three players, take two of them out and we cannot play that fast attacking football we normally played as we don't have the players for it. Hence why Rodgers has got us playing this ****ty sideways passing, long ball football. We massively regret not signing Remy...

At this rate, even QPR can beat Liverpool at Anfield...
(edited 9 years ago)
Lol, you conceded three against West Ham... you're going to get ripped the **** apart by Bale & Ronaldo.

That said, you missed two key things today;

1) Sturridge. He transforms your team. If he can stay clear of further injuries, then you should be alright for top six.

2) Gerrard's penalties. His penalties won you so many games last season. I'm not saying the referee's are bias (it's the result of direct football), but you could really do with more of those.
Original post by swarly
BITCH DO YOU THINK IM YOUR GIRLFRIEND. :colonhash:

Dont wink face at me, and ask questions referring to we.

Hahahaha so mad :rofl2: :colonhash:
so we've lost suarez which has made our attack worse.
at least we've added moreno, manquillo, lovren which has....made our defence worse.
Original post by Lúcio
yeah it's a blast man
love see my team get worse and worse every game, it's awesome!

west ham weren't even tested by any of our players bar sterling.
borini needs to be sacked, lucas shouldn't be anywhere near our starting XI, gerrard (unfortunately) needs to be dropped.

Now you know how an Arsenal fan feels.
Original post by Lúcio
ludogorets are boss.
i would say 3 points is 3 points but 1 good performance out of the first 6 is hilarious for a club aiming for top 4.

getting beaten by managers like lambert and big sam
makes me want to cry.

As one of the commentators said you "Limped over the line" to beat Ludogorets. On another look at these stats for Gerrard, apart from the Pass Accuracy shocking. https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/513396100770705408
Original post by cleveradam
All these signings of unknown and average-decent players.
20 million Markovic no where to be seen.
16 million Ballotelli is the ****ter version of Berbatov.
Your full-backs will get ripped against an opponent in the top 6 of the BPL, can't defend all offence.
Can't wait to see Manquilo and Moreno bomb forward every single second of the CL match against Bale on one wing and Ronaldo on the other :smile:

I've torn into Lallana quite a few times on here but credit where it was due, he looked good today. How come he didn't start? and wtf is up with Brenton playing 3-5-2, surely he must have seen from United that it doesn't work.

Brenton has quite a poor record in the transfer market tbh. Of the 21 players he's signed since joining Liverpool(excluding loanees), i'd only have Sakho & Sturridge at United.
Original post by Manchester United
Lol, you conceded three against West Ham... you're going to get ripped the **** apart by Bale & Ronaldo.

That said, you missed two key things today;

1) Sturridge. He transforms your team. If he can stay clear of further injuries, then you should be alright for top six.

2) Gerrard's penalties. His penalties won you so many games last season. I'm not saying the referee's are bias (it's the result of direct football), but you could really do with more of those.

Gerrard's penalties only kept us in the title race tbh, think we still would of made top 4 if we didn't get as many of them.
Original post by Gob Bluth
That was just terrible. Is 4th place going to even reach 70 pts this season? Spurs, United and now Liverpool don't look like getting it. Everton won't cos of Europa. Southampton for 4th? :lol:

To be fair based on results last season Liverpool would have only 1 more point based on the same games played.

Based on what, the games where we had 4 of our first 11 playing?
Original post by Arkasia
Now you know how an Arsenal fan feels.

nah, you play decent football but don't create enough chances or aren't clinical enough.
our football is too bad to get close to creating clear chances right now.

sterling is the best teenager on the planet but one player can only do so much.

Original post by Kruz
As one of the commentators said you "Limped over the line" to beat Ludogorets. On another look at these stats for Gerrard, apart from the Pass Accuracy shocking. https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/513396100770705408

i think to be fair on ludogorets, nobody knows the threat they'll pose - they might shock and beat basel, you never know
but winning so marginally is very poor indeed.

i'm scared to say we can only get better after that game, but i really don't want to risk it.
if we don't beat middlesborough i will actually lose it.
Reply 2637
Original post by sr90
I've torn into Lallana quite a few times on here but credit where it was due, he looked good today. How come he didn't start? and wtf is up with Brenton playing 3-5-2, surely he must have seen from United that it doesn't work.

Brenton has quite a poor record in the transfer market tbh. Of the 21 players he's signed since joining Liverpool(excluding loanees), i'd only have Sakho & Sturridge at United.

I'd take Markovic. He's a better prospect than Januzaj. That said the bs from Jam about him fitting in right away and rocketing off to a perfect start was never gonna happen. He's a year or two away from the first team. I'd probably take both Origi and Moreno too, especially for those prices.
Original post by Mackay
x

RIP in peace Mackay

johnson didn't start but i think we can agree that he would'vbe only improved that side...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
RIP in peace Mackay

Didn't he say he would kill himself if Johnson started? Johnson wasn't even on the bench lol

Quick Reply

Latest