The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
As one of the commentators said you "Limped over the line" to beat Ludogorets. On another look at these stats for Gerrard, apart from the Pass Accuracy shocking. https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/513396100770705408

:frown:

Makes me so sad to say it but the poor bloke needs a rest, a couple weeks out and then maybe every other week. He's too old to be doing so much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I cant imagine to think how gutted you guys would be if you finished outside top 4 this season. Feels like 09/10.

Top 4 is still between you lot, United and Arsenal.
Reply 2642
I can deal with the wumming from other club's fans, but not when its coming from our own. Top four over because we've lost two games on the trot against mediocre opposition? I appreciate it's not a great situation to be in, but did you really expect us to be what we were last season so fast? We showed some of what we're capable of against Tottenham, right before we lost several players to injury. It's going to take time, but we'll get there.
Original post by samir12
Didn't he say he would kill himself if Johnson started? Johnson wasn't even on the bench lol

see edit

it's quite clear glen jonhson is the key.
stick him up front instead of borini.
Liverpool/Utd/Arsenal will be fighting for 3rd and 4th.
One of the 3 will miss out and United look too focused and good now that they will get atleast 3rd.
If Liverpool go out from the CL in the group stage it will be a blessing in disguise.
Original post by NJam
I can deal with the wumming from other club's fans, but not when its coming from our own. Top four over because we've lost two games on the trot against mediocre opposition? I appreciate it's not a great situation to be in, but did you really expect us to be what we were last season so fast? We showed some of what we're capable of against Tottenham, right before we lost several players to injury. It's going to take time, but we'll get there.

i appreciate that it will take time to improve but united showed last season that you can be out of it by christmas.
fair enough having the odd bad game but that's three 3/10 or less performances in a row.
if we aren't careful we'll be too far back by the time we start playing well.
Original post by Lúcio
nah, you play decent football but don't create enough chances or aren't clinical enough.
our football is too bad to get close to creating clear chances right now.

sterling is the best teenager on the planet but one player can only do so much.

i think to be fair on ludogorets, nobody knows the threat they'll pose - they might shock and beat basel, you never know
but winning so marginally is very poor indeed.

i'm scared to say we can only get better after that game, but i really don't want to risk it.
if we don't beat middlesborough i will actually lose it.

Arsenal play good football against bad teams. They play bad football against good teams. Not ideal.

Not sure if Sterling is the *best* on the planet, but he is certainly top 3.

No argument, Ludogoretz is not as good a team as Dortmund. I am sure if we played and beat Ludogoretz narrowly, needing a penalty to score the winner, you would be suggesting that we almost bottled an easy game.
Lol at how **** you've been this year

A total of about 130 minutes (90 vs Spurs, 20 vs City, 20 vs Soton) where you've played well in 6 games
Original post by Lúcio
see edit

it's quite clear glen jonhson is the key.
stick him up front instead of borini.

New method:
Johnson
Johnson - Johnson - Johnson - Johnson
Johnson - Gerrard (for set pieces)
Johnson - Johnson - Johnson
Johnson
Original post by manchesterunited15

A total of about 130 minutes (90 vs Spurs, 20 vs City, 20 vs Soton) where you've played well in 6 games

Don't dish too much out. We haven't won our game yet against Leicester :redface:
I'd have Jonny Evans over Sakho/Kolo Toure and I think Evans is dreadful and a liability
Original post by Arkasia
Arsenal play good football against bad teams. They play bad football against good teams. Not ideal.

Not sure if Sterling is the *best* on the planet, but he is certainly top 3.

No argument, Ludogoretz is not as good a team as Dortmund. I am sure if we played and beat Ludogoretz narrowly, needing a penalty to score the winner, you would be suggesting that we almost bottled an easy game.

unfortunately that's true
at least you play well at times - there's almost nothing more frustrating as a fan than seeing your team just not go for it.
when you know you have the quality to tear apart west ham but the opposite happens, that's a bad thing to experience.

best on the planet hands down.
name a better teenager than sterling then; can you think of one?

urgh, just too mad to say much right now
being outclassed by city is one thing but it's depressing when west ham own you.
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
Don't dish too much out. We haven't won our game yet against Leicester :redface:

Only need a draw to be above Liverpool :cool:
Reply 2653
Original post by Lúcio
i appreciate that it will take time to improve but united showed last season that you can be out of it by christmas.
fair enough having the odd bad game but that's three 3/10 or less performances in a row.
if we aren't careful we'll be too far back by the time we start playing well.

But we aren't exactly void of promise, are we? When at full strength we dominated another top 4 contender. Sturridge will hopefully be back for the Derby, whether he starts is another matter, but he can have an impact.

Don't forget that before our run last year, we dropped points all over the place. We're a victim of our own success, I'm full of belief that success will return. I just don't understand all the negativity!

i agree with you but you haven't won your match yet :tongue:

when di maria scores a hattrick, you come come on here and troll
but for now i'd stay quiet fagio:cool:

Original post by Arkasia
New method:
Lord Bendtner
Johnson - Johnson - Johnson - Johnson
Johnson - Gerrard (for set pieces)
Johnson - Johnson - Johnson
Johnson

just one change needed:colone:
CC GOAT team.
(edited 9 years ago)
Only need a draw to be above Liverpool :cool:

**** that I want us to destroy Leicester (but obviously would take a scrappy 1-0 win :biggrin:) and go 2 points above them :sexface:. If Sturridge aint fit for next week, I cant see them beating Everton.
Original post by Lúcio
unfortunately that's true
at least you play well at times - there's almost nothing more frustrating as a fan than seeing your team just not go for it.
when you know you have the quality to tear apart west ham but the opposite happens, that's a bad thing to experience.

best on the planet hands down.
name a better teenager than sterling then; can you think of one?

urgh, just too mad to say much right now
being outclassed by city is one thing but it's depressing when west ham own you.

Yeah, 'not go for it', just like last week, like 5-1 Liverpool, 6-3 City, 3-0 Everton, 6-0 Chelsea etc

When they are on form, perhaps Deulofeu, Piazon, Januzaj, Munir (so far), Marquinhos, Ocampos etc
Original post by Lúcio
i agree with you but you haven't won your match yet :tongue:

when di maria scores a hattrick, you come come on here and troll
but for now i'd stay quiet fagio:cool:

just one change needed:colone:
CC GOAT team.

Subs: Ibrahimovic, Heskey.
Original post by NJam
But we aren't exactly void of promise, are we? When at full strength we dominated another top 4 contender. Sturridge will hopefully be back for the Derby, whether he starts is another matter, but he can have an impact.

Don't forget that before our run last year, we dropped points all over the place. We're a victim of our own success, I'm full of belief that success will return. I just don't understand all the negativity!

at full strength we can be fierce.
but we aren't gonna be full strength for all of the season and we still need to pick up points during those times.
we just aren't doing that.

i do think that teams have figured us out a little since we were so devastating to a lot of them last season
i think the negativity is all down to performance mate - obviously gutted that we're likely to be playing catch up to united after tomorrow but when you get battered by west ham/villa and scrape a victory against a bulgarian side, it's hard not to be negative.
Reply 2659
Original post by Lúcio
at full strength we can be fierce.
but we aren't gonna be full strength for all of the season and we still need to pick up points during those times.
we just aren't doing that.

i do think that teams have figured us out a little since we were so devastating to a lot of them last season
i think the negativity is all down to performance mate - obviously gutted that we're likely to be playing catch up to united after tomorrow but when you get battered by west ham/villa and scrape a victory against a bulgarian side, it's hard not to be negative.

Agreed, we aren't going to be at full strength all the time, but this team is still in it's infancy. 3 New players in the backline, another 2/3 going forward, it's not going to happen straight away.

It's understandable to be angry and disappointed after a loss, I'm as culpable as anyone, but the pessimism is what ticks me off. Just give it time. We gave Rodgers time in the past and he delivered, in spades. As did some of our players, prime example being Hendo.

Quick Reply

Latest