The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I think also in 2016/17 intake onwards, there will be less provision for computer equipment. There was also talk about changing provisions for support staff but I didn't manage to figure out (from the previous statement) what that was all about :o:

You don't have a dumb brain at all hun - don't put yourself down like that! :penguinhug:

Yes, should be normal, if I've understood it right :yes:

Nah it's true, I think antidepressants affect my ability to focus on things, but they do allow me to get out of bed so I can put up with it :tongue:

Hmm, glad I'll hopefully be getting any computer equipment I need this year then :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly! :lovehug:

:kissing2:
Original post by Odd socks
Nah it's true, I think antidepressants affect my ability to focus on things, but they do allow me to get out of bed so I can put up with it :tongue:

Ah I def know that feeling! Though tbh in my case I think Oxford just broke me entirely. ADs don't help though :tongue:

:hugs:

Hmm, glad I'll hopefully be getting any computer equipment I need this year then :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same :yep:
I think also in 2016/17 intake onwards, there will be less provision for computer equipment. There was also talk about changing provisions for support staff but I didn't manage to figure out (from the previous statement) what that was all about :o:

You don't have a dumb brain at all hun - don't put yourself down like that! :penguinhug:

Yes, should be normal, if I've understood it right :yes:

Ohh ok that helps a bit! So if I'm starting next year I might still get it as it is then? Not sure if I'm eligible anyway, but could be worth a thought nearer the time :redface:

Well done on the finishing internship thing anyway! (think it was you?) :biggrin: I meant to reply but don't think I ever got round to it or lost the post or something :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
:kissing2:

:fan:

:penguinhug:

Original post by furryface12
Ohh ok that helps a bit! So if I'm starting next year I might still get it as it is then? Not sure if I'm eligible anyway, but could be worth a thought nearer the time :redface:

It's def worth looking into - mental health problems are covered by the Disability Act or whatever it's called :biggrin: Yes as long as you start in 2015 Autumn, it looks like you might be OK!

Well done on the finishing internship thing anyway! (think it was you?) :biggrin: I meant to reply but don't think I ever got round to it or lost the post or something :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww, thank you! Yes that was me :o:
Ah I def know that feeling! Though tbh in my case I think Oxford just broke me entirely. ADs don't help though :tongue:

Same :yep:

:hugs: hopefully I'll get equipment to record lectures so even if I'm struggling to concentrate I can listen to them again later :yep: got my assessment on the 6th of October, so nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's def worth looking into - mental health problems are covered by the Disability Act or whatever it's called :biggrin: Yes as long as you start in 2015 Autumn, it looks like you might be OK!

:lol: :hugs:

Good, thank you! :biggrin: Yay, well done :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile
feeling extremely wobbly/weird/fragile. bleeeeeeeeeugh. life seems even harder than normal recently.
:hugs: hopefully I'll get equipment to record lectures so even if I'm struggling to concentrate I can listen to them again later :yep: got my assessment on the 6th of October, so nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to be nervous - the assessors are really nice and helpful! It's not like getting a government disability-based hand-out, where the assessor may be scrutinising you or trying to catch you out.

I spent the whole of my assessment drawing pictures :teehee:

:lol: :hugs:

:console: :jumphug: :console: bout your last post :frown:

Good, thank you! :biggrin: Yay, well done :congrats:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No need to be nervous - the assessors are really nice and helpful! It's not like getting a government disability-based hand-out, where the assessor may be scrutinising you or trying to catch you out.

That's really reassuring, thanks! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! If you have any specific concerns or wanna know more about it, you can always PM me :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to echo TLG, they're definitely on your side. My lady was nice and said I could have a break if I needed and stuff. :yes:

thank you :hugs:
Original post by WelshBluebird
x

Hey! :redface: How're you doing? :hugs:

Original post by lauraaaaa
Yeah, like I just drive round willy nilly and it's kinda boring, like there's no purpose to the journey haha! I also hate driving with other people in the car because I feel like they're judging me, even though they probably aren't :lol:

Aw, you know you can always message me, right? My advice ain't that fab, but I can listen :smile: and I know hahaha he doesn't understand that Sheffield and York are in the same country because he wants me to got to the university of England (Sheffield) because it's in this country, he doesn't want me going to another country (York) haha bless him, he doesn't get it yet :tongue: and hahahahah yano my cousin would so say that as well, he's 4 going on 40 :lol:

I went out and got pretty drunk, which I know isn't good for you, but tbh, I had a really good night so I'm just like screw it haha

I hate driving with other people too - I mean I'd probably be okay with a friend, but defo not my parents - also I quite like driving cos it's a nice opportunity to be in a metal box and just talk to yourself and ramble and sing out loud :colondollar:

Thanks :redface: (You too! :hugs:) They're like the same county even, aren't they? :lol: Poor Laura's cousin :console: That's so cute though :tongue: My friend told me yesterday that my cousin was correct in this assessment of me at that time :colondollar:

Glad you had a really good night then :biggrin:
How are you now? Sorry to see mum's being irritating :frown: :console:

Original post by Deyesy
Well it's over now and it was the way he came across which caused people to get upset. No problem with it getting binned now. Pretty sure they have to have a control group but the control group doesn't know they're the control group? It's all very unethical :')

Yeah :redface: Really odd - that's sort of what Dallas Buyers Club was about! (if you watched it? (was good :yep:))
I realised a couple days ago that I didn't properly reply to the rest of your other reply!
Started back today then? Hope everything went okay - Everyone's quite anxious about new friends sort of too, to start with - in that no one knows anyone, and everyone's looking for friends/people to hang with? :redface:
Hope it goes well :hugs:
I'm up and down a lot, though last couple of days have been up! :woo: :smile:

Original post by luno
x

Hey Luno! :smile: Hope you're doing okay :hugs: Been up to much? :jumphug:

Finished my 6 month internship today. I did it! :king1: Can't remember how many days off I had but I am confident they'll give a good reference.

Thanks to all of you for cheering me on and keeping me company online during working hours (not that I've been on TSR during working hours :nah: :ninja: :ahee: ) :grouphugs:

:woo: Well done! :biggrin:

Original post by .snowflake.
The beginning bit of Up makes me jump - everyone else finds it hilarious that it does. And the bit where his wife dies makes me cry...

That whole start bit is so sad :redface: Music for it is amazing. (Thinking about it I should probably get on ipod :colondollar: :redface:)
Moved back into Uni? Hope everything's gone okay :redface:

Original post by Meaty_man
There's something comforting about an overcast, grey sky, maybe something about neutrality. Facial hair has got to the cactus stage, and it's driving me nuts x_x Currently feel neither here nor there, i prefer this over feeling like death though.

So hard to stay positive when your head thinks everything is wrong >_>

I need to shave soon :colondollar: New house doesn't have a socket though - need to get an adapter :redface:
I like overcast sort of too - mostly that I don't really like it sunny/too warm I think :colondollar:

Sorry you're not being great at the moment :frown: Hope it improves soon :console:

Original post by Porridge510
Oh. :redface:
I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling better soon. My boyfriend has to go to university soon and I have to go home, back to my old rubbish life. :sad:

He might not be able to take his car, cos all permits are gone. people taken them. Messes things up even more seeing as hes 3 hours away. :'(

Me too! I'm like yes ill buy it *add to bag* no i cant. *move to saved items* What kind of tournament? :smile:

I'm currently on an up mostly I think - so generally good :redface: Just got to keep busy sort of, though not yet sure how to keep that up properly.
:console: Have you been to where he's moving into? :redface: I'm sure it'll be better than you think - though I appreciate that it must be tough seeing him go when you've had lots of summer with him

That sucks :frown: Could you get the train or something to see him? Though a car is a lot nicer/cheaper I suppose :redface: I'm sure you can both sort something out somehow :smile:

Haha :colondollar: Glad I'm not the only one - I do that exact thing :tongue: It's for a first person shooter - "Team Fortress 2"? They have 10 matches between now and christmas and there's 4 people on each team (for the tournament we're doing) Should be good fun! Also headset arriving sooner than I thought and post is always good! :biggrin:

How're you? :hugs:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
feeling crap all day & just fed up with the world.

Original post by Nathanielle
Yeah! I am still not good, but yeah, I have the possibility to play! :pika::playball::playball::rambo::dance:

Hope you have fun with it :biggrin: (Love the smilies :gah:)

Original post by Riku
Third day in a run of just sitting around on TSR. Not sure whether I should have returned.

Also I have joined TSR's Take Me Out for some reason beyond me…someone seems to think a younger member has a crush on me :s-smilie:

Can you just leave it? :s-smilie: :redface: :dontknow: (the take me out)
I often find the internet sort of addictive/can often find myself just sat here :redface: - particularly over summer. I'm afraid I don't have much advice to counter it :colondollar: :s-smilie: I'd say if you try and set aside a time each night to reply to peeps or something (Maybe what I do :colondollar: :hide:)
Maybe not the best advice :colondollar:
Hope you're doing okay though

Original post by Sabertooth
x

I always go down the foreign food aisle/see the american bit and always want to try it all :drool: :tongue: Also is snapple any good actually? They have it in costcutter :colondollar:

Original post by Cinnie
getting manic

Original post by Cinnie
I have work tomorrow

oh please try again in 12 seconds

Probably too late (well, it is I guess :colondollar:), but thought I'd send hugs - I hope work went okay :redface:

Original post by james1211
Ugh. So my recent surgery has just started to heal and lose the pain, and now it feels like someone has yanked my jaw off and is driving a foot long masonry drill into my left ear :'( excruciating. Can't even take any more codeine or ill become addicted.

Eurgh :s-smilie: I'm guessing normal pain killers/para's aren't doing much for it? :/
Hope it stops soon - do you think it's because of the surgery? Sounds as though the re-surgery went okay otherwise?

Edit: Just seen your post :s-smilie: Really hope they sort things out fine.

Original post by PandaWho
No there letters.
And since i passed my GCSE maths, i have never once needed letters to work out a maths problem. In fact i dont think iv needed hardly anything in my life maths related.

For some reason they keep asking me to do more letters-y maths problems :sad: :ninja:

:tongue: :biggrin:

We have an essay this year though :unimpressed: :afraid:

Sorry, anyway :colondollar: :getmecoat:

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
x

Could you just make another tumblr blog/not tell them about it? :redface: I think you can keep the same account/have multiple blog things? :dontknow:
Not a horrible person at all :hugs:

Original post by senz72
I'm such a total screw up. I don't deserve this.

You're really not! :hugs: Are you back to Uni yet? Hope moving in goes okay and stuff.

There's a wolf in my flat! :eek:

:eek: (:hi:)

x

Hey :redface: Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

feeling extremely wobbly/weird/fragile. bleeeeeeeeeugh. life seems even harder than normal recently.

:jumphug:

Spoiler

Thanks for the update TLG :h:

Glad it doesn't affect me just yet :colondollar:

Wellbeing/student support lady said she'd help with my app once I've seen GP on Tuesday (got to somehow sneak out for before-10am appointment without flatmate(s) knowing. Or I can I suppose just say I have a doctor's appointment :dontknow: :s-smilie:)
But should be helpful I think/was nice of her to offer :redface: Haven't a clue if I'd be eligible at all tbh :s-smilie:

I didn't realise there was an assessment :eek:
Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

Thanks. I guess. I dunno I think that's a bit of a crap excuse though. If someone discloses something like that to you then you don't just not reply :s-smilie: Even if you reply just to say that you don't know what to say :dontknow: How are you doing?
Original post by purple-duck
Hey! :redface: How're you doing? :hugs:

I hate driving with other people too - I mean I'd probably be okay with a friend, but defo not my parents - also I quite like driving cos it's a nice opportunity to be in a metal box and just talk to yourself and ramble and sing out loud :colondollar:

Thanks :redface: (You too! :hugs:) They're like the same county even, aren't they? :lol: Poor Laura's cousin :console: That's so cute though :tongue: My friend told me yesterday that my cousin was correct in this assessment of me at that time :colondollar:

Glad you had a really good night then :biggrin:
How are you now? Sorry to see mum's being irritating :frown: :console:

Yeah :redface: Really odd - that's sort of what Dallas Buyers Club was about! (if you watched it? (was good :yep:))
I realised a couple days ago that I didn't properly reply to the rest of your other reply!
Started back today then? Hope everything went okay - Everyone's quite anxious about new friends sort of too, to start with - in that no one knows anyone, and everyone's looking for friends/people to hang with? :redface:
Hope it goes well :hugs:
I'm up and down a lot, though last couple of days have been up! :woo: :smile:

Hey Luno! :smile: Hope you're doing okay :hugs: Been up to much? :jumphug:

:woo: Well done! :biggrin:

That whole start bit is so sad :redface: Music for it is amazing. (Thinking about it I should probably get on ipod :colondollar: :redface:)
Moved back into Uni? Hope everything's gone okay :redface:

I need to shave soon :colondollar: New house doesn't have a socket though - need to get an adapter :redface:
I like overcast sort of too - mostly that I don't really like it sunny/too warm I think :colondollar:

Sorry you're not being great at the moment :frown: Hope it improves soon :console:

I'm currently on an up mostly I think - so generally good :redface: Just got to keep busy sort of, though not yet sure how to keep that up properly.
:console: Have you been to where he's moving into? :redface: I'm sure it'll be better than you think - though I appreciate that it must be tough seeing him go when you've had lots of summer with him

That sucks :frown: Could you get the train or something to see him? Though a car is a lot nicer/cheaper I suppose :redface: I'm sure you can both sort something out somehow :smile:

Haha :colondollar: Glad I'm not the only one - I do that exact thing :tongue: It's for a first person shooter - "Team Fortress 2"? They have 10 matches between now and christmas and there's 4 people on each team (for the tournament we're doing) Should be good fun! Also headset arriving sooner than I thought and post is always good! :biggrin:

How're you? :hugs:

Hope you have fun with it :biggrin: (Love the smilies :gah:)

Can you just leave it? :s-smilie: :redface: :dontknow: (the take me out)
I often find the internet sort of addictive/can often find myself just sat here :redface: - particularly over summer. I'm afraid I don't have much advice to counter it :colondollar: :s-smilie: I'd say if you try and set aside a time each night to reply to peeps or something (Maybe what I do :colondollar: :hide:)
Maybe not the best advice :colondollar:
Hope you're doing okay though

I always go down the foreign food aisle/see the american bit and always want to try it all :drool: :tongue: Also is snapple any good actually? They have it in costcutter :colondollar:

Probably too late (well, it is I guess :colondollar:), but thought I'd send hugs - I hope work went okay :redface:

Eurgh :s-smilie: I'm guessing normal pain killers/para's aren't doing much for it? :/
Hope it stops soon - do you think it's because of the surgery? Sounds as though the re-surgery went okay otherwise?

Edit: Just seen your post :s-smilie: Really hope they sort things out fine.

For some reason they keep asking me to do more letters-y maths problems :sad: :ninja:

:tongue: :biggrin:

We have an essay this year though :unimpressed: :afraid:

Sorry, anyway :colondollar: :getmecoat:

Could you just make another tumblr blog/not tell them about it? :redface: I think you can keep the same account/have multiple blog things? :dontknow:
Not a horrible person at all :hugs:

You're really not! :hugs: Are you back to Uni yet? Hope moving in goes okay and stuff.

:eek: (:hi:)

Hey :redface: Hope you're doing okay :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks for the update TLG :h:

Glad it doesn't affect me just yet :colondollar:

Wellbeing/student support lady said she'd help with my app once I've seen GP on Tuesday (got to somehow sneak out for before-10am appointment without flatmate(s) knowing. Or I can I suppose just say I have a doctor's appointment :dontknow: :s-smilie:)
But should be helpful I think/was nice of her to offer :redface: Haven't a clue if I'd be eligible at all tbh :s-smilie:

I didn't realise there was an assessment :eek:

Yeah it's excruciating. Won't be out of here till at least 2am too. Really sick of medical stuff atm just want to be normal again and be able to enjoy my days.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what MH conditions you get allowed DLA in uni for?

I have BPD and Depression so i don't know if it's worth me applying for it
Original post by james1211
Yeah it's excruciating. Won't be out of here till at least 2am too. Really sick of medical stuff atm just want to be normal again and be able to enjoy my days.

I take it they couldn't do anything for you when you rang up? Are you starting to regret the operation yet? :tongue: how are you other than that? :')

Latest