The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
True although Luis will happen this season but Mangala probably won't

demichelis will be 34 in december. when he stops making pellegrini cum out via rimming due to pellegrini's balls having erectile dysfunction he'll decide to play mangala.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jam278
demichelis will be 34 in december. when he stops making pellegrini cum out via rimming due to pellegrini's balls having erectile dysfunction he'll decide to play mangala.

So will Terry. He's been doing well recently so I don't see why he'd be dropped
So will Terry. He's been doing well recently so I don't see why he'd be dropped

City have kept one clean sheet in 11 or so games supposedly. Although I think that's equally Kompany's fault.

Chelsea's defence has been poor though but that's mainly the fault of Ivanovic and Cahill.
Original post by jam278
Tbh him and Sturridge will do well. That's who you're missing tbh. You'll see the difference in your performance.

Although Rodgers cocked up in starting Lucas tbh. Gerrard and Lucas cannot play together. You'd think with buying Can they'd use him in a game like this.

Can is injured, is he not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jam278
City have kept one clean sheet in 11 or so games supposedly. Although I think that's equally Kompany's fault.

Chelsea's defence has been poor though but that's mainly the fault of Ivanovic and Cahill.

No, 4 in 11
No, 4 in 11

we dream of 4 in 11....
next league game is huge for you guys..

atleast you have a decent home game midweek to try and build some confidence (and rest some players)

But then against everton..

loose that and realistically you are out of the title race in september..

(4 losses out of 6 games.. title winning teams in the last few seasons have lost: 6, 5, 5, 4, 6, 4, 5.. etc.)

So on average a title winning team tends to loose around 5 games.

To have taken up 4 of those by the end of September is beyond disastrous.

Must win game.
Original post by jam278
Tbh him and Sturridge will do well. That's who you're missing tbh. You'll see the difference in your performance.

Although Rodgers cocked up in starting Lucas tbh. Gerrard and Lucas cannot play together. You'd think with buying Can they'd use him in a game like this.

Can is injured, should of started Lallana over Lucas though.
Original post by fallen_acorns
next league game is huge for you guys..

atleast you have a decent home game midweek to try and build some confidence (and rest some players)

But then against everton..

loose that and realistically you are out of the title race in september..

(4 losses out of 6 games.. title winning teams in the last few seasons have lost: 6, 5, 5, 4, 6, 4, 5.. etc.)

So on average a title winning team tends to loose around 5 games.

To have taken up 4 of those by the end of September is beyond disastrous.

Must win game.

Liverpool werent in title race from start, this is a season of getting back into the groove of the CL and aiming to stay in top four whilst doing so then kick on from there
Lolerpool are back
You see, it is not easy being a Champions League team and playing more games.
It was more the international break that ****ed us up than the CL. Can, Allen and Sturridge all got injured during the break. Two of those three would of started the three previous games we played after the break.
As expected the pseudo intellectuals coming out after a loss and gassing about CL being the problem.

The problem isn't that our players look tired because of a midweek game (it's not exactly like this is the first time these players have played a midweek game), CL isn't even a significant factor in this yet, it's mostly because of the fact that we have injuries to players that we seemingly aren't able to cope without. Not to mention we were playing like this bar Tottenham which has been the only game we had all 3 of Ballo/Sturridge/Sterling and bar Lallana a fully fit squad.
The rotation hasn't made a substantial difference, not enough to have altered the course of most of those games because even with our best 11 (non-injured) we are still lackluster because we don't have at least 2 of those 3. Sure no CL would help a little but the only significant difference from rotation we get is when Raheem doesn't play because he is our only driving force, at the moment him and Lallana are the only people with decent quality trying to drive into the box and Lallana isn't even fully fit.

We bought players in to cope with injuries but I doubt we were banking on having this many key injuries this early into the season, the new players haven't had a chance to bed and the likes of Lallana are barely even fit coming back from injury. Can was supposed to be the guy to come in for Allen or Hendo and even Gerrard but ofc he is injured as well as Allen so there isn't really much you can do bar stick in dross like Lucas.

We were going to have a slow start to the season regardless, you don't bring in the amount of players we did and still compete with the likes of Chelsea and City for the title- at least not from the word go. Not to mention we started slowly last season, we scraped through games without two strikers and Gerrard was poor until near the second half of the season which is also around the time that Sturridge came back from injury and the front 3 of Sterling/Suarez/Sturridge started to really go ham, I think it was nearly November until we actually clicked.

I'll stick my neck out and say that by Decemeber we should see a significant improvement provided our injured players are back and internationals don't wreck the rest of our team.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air...

WEST HAM

It's all gone wrong. Suarez gone. Gerrard past it. Sturridge injured. Only just been Ludo. Be lucky to finish 5th this season to be honest. Balotelli is a total waste of space. Back to reality for Anfield.
Original post by Manchester United
Lol, you conceded three against West Ham... you're going to get ripped the **** apart by Bale & Ronaldo.

That said, you missed two key things today;

1) Sturridge. He transforms your team. If he can stay clear of further injuries, then you should be alright for top six.

2) Gerrard's penalties. His penalties won you so many games last season. I'm not saying the referee's are bias (it's the result of direct football), but you could really do with more of those.
pipe down manco. can't wait for falcao to flop for yous *****
Original post by Eboracum
I'm forever blowing bubbles
Pretty bubbles in the air...

WEST HAM

It's all gone wrong. Suarez gone. Gerrard past it. Sturridge injured. Only just been Ludo. Be lucky to finish 5th this season to be honest. Balotelli is a total waste of space. Back to reality for Anfield.

5 games into the season, and you're saying this just shows how stupid you are:redface: Wait and see at the end of the season pal, top 4 ez pz.
Idk why we keep starting with gerrard though, seriously. I would go with Mignolet, moreno, sakho, lovren, manquillo, henderson, allen, sterling, lallana, balotelli, sturridge. Simple as, rotate sterling lallana with marko and coutinho.
Original post by jshep000

:facepalm: He's not even said anything wrong or exaggerated.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jshep000

Put it this way. If my team is losing away from home and needs a goal, i'd much rather have an out of form Falcao coming off the bench than Balotelli, Borini and Lambert.

Original post by So Instinct
We bought players in to cope with injuries but I doubt we were banking on having this many key injuries this early into the season, the new players haven't had a chance to bed and the likes of Lallana are barely even fit coming back from injury. Can was supposed to be the guy to come in for Allen or Hendo and even Gerrard but ofc he is injured as well as Allen so there isn't really much you can do bar stick in dross like Lucas. .

Arsenal have four fit defenders, one striker and Arteta/Flamini at DM, whereas United started the season with no fullbacks, no wingers and a Fletcher Cleverley midfield. Injuries aren't an excuse i'm afraid, other clubs have had it worse.

You're bedding in an entirely new back four, and an entirely new attack. That's going to take time, Suarez is a huge miss and none of your new signings are even close to that standard. You'd have been much better off buying one top class AM instead of Lallana & Markovic, and one top class striker instead of Lambert & Balotelli. In this case, less is more. Just look at Fab/Costa, Di Maria/Falcao or even Sanchez/Welbeck.

Gerrard really needs to be dropped/rotated as well. He's not able to be playing 90 minutes 3 times a week anymore. Out of all the players you signed from Southampton, i'm surprised that you didn't go for Morgan Schneiderlin.

I do agree that you're bound to improve, especially if you sign Valdes, but there's no guarantee you'll finish above us or Arsenal. Lucky for you it's only Everton next up, which is guaranteed to be a 3/4-0 win.

Quick Reply

Latest