The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I actually have a lot of work to do this weekend :lol: and by that I mean about 2-3 hours worth :redface:
Reply 2241
Im finding it hard to trim my 9000character personal statement to 4000 and have to send my personal statement to manchester uni by sunday to see if ill get an offer with MAP
Yooooo physics crew, help a sister out? :tongue:

"A road has a round hump 12.0m in radius. What is the minimum speed at which a car can leave the road at the top of the hump?"

Answer is apparently 11ms^-1. That might require taking the acceleration due to gravity to be 10 rather than 9.81 though (dumb worksheet).

Faaaaanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tibbz2
True, going to Krispy Kreme too hopefully :tongue:

Ooh doughnuts :drool:

Original post by BethFirmin
On my last birthday, I had a Biology exam and then I spent the rest of the day doing Nazi Germany revision... :L

I almost ended up in hospital on mine, it would have been over Christmas too :facepalm:

Original post by Bude8
I actually have a lot of work to do this weekend :lol: and by that I mean about 2-3 hours worth :redface:

:eek: How do you have so little?!

Original post by AhmedDavid
Im finding it hard to trim my 9000character personal statement to 4000 and have to send my personal statement to manchester uni by sunday to see if ill get an offer with MAP

Are there any bits you can merge together, so say like 'I learnt perseverance and determination from ... and ...' rather than '... taught me perseverance, ... taught me determination...' or whatever? Not sure as that makes sense and it's an awful example but that sort of thing cut it down for me a lot last year and made it seem like less of a list, too :smile:
Original post by furryface12

I almost ended up in hospital on mine, it would have been over Christmas too :facepalm:

Wow, that really sucks. :frown:
Original post by BethFirmin
Wow, that really sucks. :frown:

It was my own fault- some idiot decided not to take her medication so she could drink :getmecoat: It didn't end well, and I still didn't have any alcohol :lol:
:eek: How do you have so little?!

IB innit, I have like 4-5 homeworks to do this weekend... A lot of people say IB is more work than A levels but that's kind of a misconception.
Original post by Bude8
IB innit, I have like 4-5 homeworks to do this weekend... A lot of people say IB is more work than A levels but that's kind of a misconception.

Wow, lucky :tongue: I kind of wish I'd done IB, sounds a lot better than A levels in a lot of ways but I'd never heard of it in year eleven and nowhere near me does it anyway I don't think! What subjects do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, lucky :tongue: I kind of wish I'd done IB, sounds a lot better than A levels in a lot of ways but I'd never heard of it in year eleven and nowhere near me does it anyway I don't think! What subjects do you do?

HL Maths
HL Chemistry
HL Physics
SL English
SL Latin
SL Economics

Man HL Maths is so hard, I spend the most time on it and it's still my worst subject :lol:
Original post by Bude8
HL Maths
HL Chemistry
HL Physics
SL English
SL Latin
SL Economics

Man HL Maths is so hard, I spend the most time on it and it's still my worst subject :lol:

Nice subjects! That's how I was with chemistry at AS, fortunately I could drop it for A2 :tongue: What's Latin like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice subjects! That's how I was with chemistry at AS, fortunately I could drop it for A2 :tongue: What's Latin like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The literature bit is fun - there are only two people in my class and our teacher is amazing so it's brilliant. Unseen translations are a nightmare for me though... I've forgotten all my endings etc :lol:
Original post by Bude8
The literature bit is fun - there are only two people in my class and our teacher is amazing so it's brilliant. Unseen translations are a nightmare for me though... I've forgotten all my endings etc :lol:

Cool! Yeah, the grammary stuff always seem to be the worst bits of languages, not that I can speak any myself :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2252
Does TSR still do the PS-Helper service,

My personal statement is currently 9000 characters and I need help trimming it down.
Can someone link me to the PS-Helper service and is it free?

I need to send my personal statement to Manchester Uni by Sunday midnight for them to tell me if they will give me an offer for medicine pre-application
Hey, I'm gonna send my application off by the end of Monday and I'll tell you guys when I have. I'm applying for Dentistry, and I know you lot might not know much about Dentistry but could you tell me what you think of my application i'm REALLY worried :/

GCSES: 6 A*s 4 As
AS: AAAAB
A2 Predicted: A*A*A
UKCAT: 722.5 Band 1
Work Exp: 3 weeks dental practice, 7 months voluntary work
Manual Dexterity: Model planes and cars
Original post by AhmedDavid
Does TSR still do the PS-Helper service,

My personal statement is currently 9000 characters and I need help trimming it down.
Can someone link me to the PS-Helper service and is it free?

I need to send my personal statement to Manchester Uni by Sunday midnight for them to tell me if they will give me an offer for medicine pre-application

The PS Helper service has been replaced by a PS Builder (it's around somewhere, google can probably help), but the PS Helper service is going to come back as a paid service I believe (a mod said that somewhere if I recall correctly; I might be wrong).
Reply 2255
Original post by MangoFreak
The PS Helper service has been replaced by a PS Builder (it's around somewhere, google can probably help), but the PS Helper service is going to come back as a paid service I believe (a mod said that somewhere if I recall correctly; I might be wrong).

Dead, my head of year keeps claiming busy...Im so screwed :mad::frown:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yooooo physics crew, help a sister out? :tongue:

"A road has a round hump 12.0m in radius. What is the minimum speed at which a car can leave the road at the top of the hump?"

Answer is apparently 11ms^-1. That might require taking the acceleration due to gravity to be 10 rather than 9.81 though (dumb worksheet).

Faaaaanks

What is the maximum acceleration towards the centre of the circle?

What is the equation for acceleration in a circle? And how can this be rearranged to get v?

Posted from TSR Mobile
My personal statement is almost done just need to speak to Zoe from mind and my tutor this week and it get sorted.

Then I need to get some course work done this week for my course. I am aiming to complete my IT by tomorrow. It's not that long and should only take me a little while. My child psychology module can also be done today. It's not that long and should be completed by this evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TLHroolz
What is the maximum acceleration towards the centre of the circle?

What is the equation for acceleration in a circle? And how can this be rearranged to get v?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ta :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Ta :smile:

Got it? :smile:

Latest