The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doodle00
No, with those grades you would get 18/18 and if your personal statement was good you'd get an interview :smile:.

Ok thanks : ) (my gcse's are 6A* And 3 As) I really need to improve my personal statement
Original post by purplepetal
Ok thanks : ) (my gcse's are 6A* And 3 As) I really need to improve my personal statement

You can't get better GCSEs for Liverpool. I'd say get many people to help you on your PS by reading through it etc... (friends & family)
Original post by Kyalimers
You can't get better GCSEs for Liverpool. I'd say get many people to help you on your PS by reading through it etc... (friends & family)

Yeah I will thank you :smile:
Original post by adershsaravanaa
i emailed them and they will accept resit applicants without extenuating circumstances, you have to reflect on it in your personal statement though but that bit has stumped me, i don't know what to write apart from the fact that i was complacent

Yeah I don't know what to write either. What were your A levels if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by nik345
Yeah I don't know what to write either. What were your A levels if you don't mind me asking?

I got AAB, I missed the A in Biology by 3 marks :frown: missed all my offers as a result. I'm guessing you're a resit applicant as well then
I got AAB, I missed the A in Biology by 3 marks :frown: missed all my offers as a result. I'm guessing you're a resit applicant as well then

Yeah I missed an A in Biology by a few marks too so am also a resit applicant :frown: Where else are you applying?
Original post by nik345
Yeah I missed an A in Biology by a few marks too so am also a resit applicant :frown: Where else are you applying?

ah unlucky, gotta keep our heads up though. I'm applying to plymouth, exeter and lancaster as well as l'pool. What about you?
Original post by nik345
But do they not consider resit applicants who don't have extenuating circumstances?

Yes they do go for it
Is it risky to apply to both Bristol and Liverpool?
I really love liverpool and i'd get 18/18 for my GCSEs
I didn't do very well in my ukcat and so I'm choices are slightly limited so I was thinking Bristol but I've been told it might be risky to apply to two unis that looks a lot on ps... :/
Not sure what to do so advice would be appreciated
Original post by skizzle
Is it risky to apply to both Bristol and Liverpool?
I really love liverpool and i'd get 18/18 for my GCSEs
I didn't do very well in my ukcat and so I'm choices are slightly limited so I was thinking Bristol but I've been told it might be risky to apply to two unis that looks a lot on ps... :/
Not sure what to do so advice would be appreciated

I'm the same as you but I've decided that I'm going to take the risk and apply for both
In the end it's all a big risk and you never know your ps might be amazing and you could get offers for interviews from both! :smile:
what are you other choices?
Original post by tealover96
I'm the same as you but I've decided that I'm going to take the risk and apply for both
In the end it's all a big risk and you never know your ps might be amazing and you could get offers for interviews from both! :smile:
what are you other choices?

Imperial for sure, and then maybe Leeds (again the issue that both are BMAT worries me a bit, but since they've only introduced BMAT this year cut offs may be lower so I think I might take the chance)

What about you?
Original post by skizzle
Imperial for sure, and then maybe Leeds (again the issue that both are BMAT worries me a bit, but since they've only introduced BMAT this year cut offs may be lower so I think I might take the chance)

What about you?

I used to be sure about imperial but now I've swapped it for Leeds (same BMAT issue)
I'm hoping fewer people will apply to leeds because of the new introduction of the BMAT plus they don't use Section 3 for ranking candidates which is good
So I'm thinking SGUL because they aren't too serious about the UKCAT
ah unlucky, gotta keep our heads up though. I'm applying to plymouth, exeter and lancaster as well as l'pool. What about you?

I'm applying to the same unis as you. Have you done your UKCAT yet?
Original post by nik345
I'm applying to the same unis as you. Have you done your UKCAT yet?

yeah i have, i got 710. you?

I didn't get an offer but I was like 8 ums off an A in biology can got it all the a2 remark and overall 13 ums it went up, 11 in bio 5 and 2 in the empa :biggrin:
yeah i have, i got 710. you?

Well done! I got 672.5
Original post by faddys123
I didn't get an offer but I was like 8 ums off an A in biology can got it all the a2 remark and overall 13 ums it went up, 11 in bio 5 and 2 in the empa :biggrin:

aha that's great, saves you having to do a resit and puts you in a much better position!
Original post by nik345
Well done! I got 672.5

thanks and the same to you! Hopefully I'll see you at the interviews
What are my chances with an AAB prediction but 18/18 gcse and pretty good ps?
Decided to apply here for good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending