The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
chelsea goal.. quick check.. neither of fab or costa involve..

Relax again

it's all going well for you!
chelsea have let me down
fab, costa and ivanovic all yellow cards - 1 point each (costa captain)
only good thing is ivanovic might get a CS

worst thing is that ulloa is on the bench with 10 points...
lord jesus.

my 3 benched players got 10, 6 and 6 points respectively.
i might kill myself.

EDIT: costa hits the post. nice one.
lampard scores, no clean sheet
brb, time for bleach.
(edited 9 years ago)
Oh Frank. :teehee:
Original post by Lúcio
it's all going well for you!
chelsea have let me down
fab, costa and ivanovic all yellow cards - 1 point each (costa captain)
only good thing is ivanovic might get a CS

lord jesus.

my 3 benched players got 10, 6 and 6 points respectively.
i might kill myself.

EDIT: costa hits the post. nice one.
lampard scores, no clean sheet
brb, time for bleach.

Ouch, that is just unlucky :frown: hate it when benched players scores well..

+ CS gone now for chelsea.. by lampard, cant call this stuff..
Ouch, that is just unlucky :frown: hate it when benched players scores well..

+ CS gone now for chelsea.. by lampard, cant call this stuff..

this is so frustrating
i'm not changing my team - it's just an unlucky gameweek but it's so depressing to watch
luckily for me i'm against an inactive guy on H2H so i'll win anyway even with my low score

what hurts the most is that i was choosing between ADM, sterling and costa for captain
would've had 20 with di maria or sterling, i have 2 with costa...
literally lost 18 points because of captain choice :frown:
Original post by Lúcio
this is so frustrating
i'm not changing my team - it's just an unlucky gameweek but it's so depressing to watch
luckily for me i'm against an inactive guy on H2H so i'll win anyway even with my low score

what hurts the most is that i was choosing between ADM, sterling and costa for captain

captain welbeck FTW :wink:

(jokes.. I got so lucky)

+ yeah, dont worry about a freak bad GW, everyone will have them through the season..
Thankfully my H2H opponents had Chelsea defenders/GK (one doubled up). Was getting close to my score too but thankfully their CS is gone. Mine only Fabregas'
captain welbeck FTW :wink:

(jokes.. I got so lucky)

+ yeah, dont worry about a freak bad GW, everyone will have them through the season..

no wait, he has crouch and caulker in sub; i'm gonna lose to somebody who currently have sturridge as his VC....

meh, captain choice is more annoying becvause it's 100% down to you, you know it's your own fault :L
GW2 was terrible for me
i'll end up with 46 pts in thie GW i think
Original post by Lúcio
no wait, he has crouch and caulker in sub; i'm gonna lose to somebody who currently have sturridge as his VC....

meh, captain choice is more annoying becvause it's 100% down to you, you know it's your own fault :L
GW2 was terrible for me
i'll end up with 46 pts in thie GW i think

last year I lost to someone in january in the overal FF-cup, who still had bale as captain.. :biggrin:

Its terrible when it happens..

ah well, we move on :smile: next weeks captain does not look to easy though.

Cheslea + united have home games that look winnable..

But then arsenal have spurs.. and that game (apart from last season) usually leads to lots of goals..

Feeling its ADM or Costa though.. probably costa.
You just know some lucky **** has Vardy in their team. 4 assists and a goal lol. :colonhash:
last year I lost to someone in january in the overal FF-cup, who still had bale as captain.. :biggrin:

Its terrible when it happens..

ah well, we move on :smile: next weeks captain does not look to easy though.

Cheslea + united have home games that look winnable..

But then arsenal have spurs.. and that game (apart from last season) usually leads to lots of goals..

Feeling its ADM or Costa though.. probably costa.

i'm sticking as it is and keeping costa captain

might downgrade ramsey or straight swap for silva though

just one of those gameweeks
Original post by Lúcio
this is so frustrating

Captain troubles? Some say it is the beginning of the end. Every season I start brilliantly (was just outside top 10,000 after GW3and second in TSR league) but it always fades away. Picking a bad captain is a sign that things will only get worse. It starts with leaving a high scoring player on the bench, then you pick the wrong captain and before you know it, you are outside the top 1,000,000, taking a risk on Bobby Zamora or captaining Darren Bent. Wildcard now whilst you still have the chance to save it, it can only get worse from here.

So far I would be 34 points better off if I had picked my vice captain instead of my captain every week. That would leave me in the top 5,000 overall and 5th in the TSR league (before todays points although I had Di Maria so not too far off anyway.) You start well, make some bad sub calls (Siggy and Clyne on the bench a few times when scoring well) and you captain the wrong player (Sterling ahead of Costa last week, Adebayor ahead of Sterling this week, Rooney ahead of Siggy in GW3, Costa ahead of Adebayor in GW2) and pretty soon I will be looking up at the top million players and wondering where it all went wrong.
Original post by Alex Doran
Captain troubles? Some say it is the beginning of the end. Every season I start brilliantly (was just outside top 10,000 after GW3and second in TSR league) but it always fades away. Picking a bad captain is a sign that things will only get worse. It starts with leaving a high scoring player on the bench, then you pick the wrong captain and before you know it, you are outside the top 1,000,000, taking a risk on Bobby Zamora or captaining Darren Bent. Wildcard now whilst you still have the chance to save it, it can only get worse from here.

So far I would be 34 points better off if I had picked my vice captain instead of my captain every week. That would leave me in the top 5,000 overall and 5th in the TSR league (before todays points although I had Di Maria so not too far off anyway.) You start well, make some bad sub calls (Siggy and Clyne on the bench a few times when scoring well) and you captain the wrong player (Sterling ahead of Costa last week, Adebayor ahead of Sterling this week, Rooney ahead of Siggy in GW3, Costa ahead of Adebayor in GW2) and pretty soon I will be looking up at the top million players and wondering where it all went wrong.

out of all 5 GWs only GW4 was a decent captain choice for me :frown:

lmao, already wildcarded and my benched players got 10, 6 and 6 points lel
oh well, just move ahead - i don't have a problem with my team, just that i need to pick the right captain
think i'm gonna swap ramsey out though
48 points lmao.
Original post by Lúcio
out of all 5 GWs only GW4 was a decent captain choice for me :frown:

lmao, already wildcarded and my benched players got 10, 6 and 6 points lel
oh well, just move ahead - i don't have a problem with my team, just that i need to pick the right captain
think i'm gonna swap ramsey out though

It's not just that I haven't picked the best captain, it is that every single week after GW1 my vice captain has dramatically outscored my actual captain. Overall my vice captains have been 34 points better than the player I picked as captain.
Every week there has been a genuine 50 50 toss up and I have got it wrong each time. Last week it was the possibility of a Costa injury that made me pick Sterling. This week it was just because West Brom had been so bad that I thought Adebayor was guaranteed 2 goals or more so I didn't pick Sterling.
Interestingly I have had all the right captain choices, just not in the right weeks. As captains Costa got 6, Sterling got 1 and Adebayor got 2. As vice captains Costa got 17, Sterling got 10 and Adebayor got 12.
I might as well just put Zamora in now because my team is going downhill from here.
Original post by Alex Doran
It's not just that I haven't picked the best captain, it is that every single week after GW1 my vice captain has dramatically outscored my actual captain. Overall my vice captains have been 34 points better than the player I picked as captain.
Every week there has been a genuine 50 50 toss up and I have got it wrong each time. Last week it was the possibility of a Costa injury that made me pick Sterling. This week it was just because West Brom had been so bad that I thought Adebayor was guaranteed 2 goals or more so I didn't pick Sterling.
Interestingly I have had all the right captain choices, just not in the right weeks. As captains Costa got 6, Sterling got 1 and Adebayor got 2. As vice captains Costa got 17, Sterling got 10 and Adebayor got 12.
I might as well just put Zamora in now because my team is going downhill from here.

damn that sounds rough
this week was worst for me since sterling and ADM both got 10 points and costa got 1....

i think results wise though it has been a VERY surprising weekend
west ham beating liverpool
leicester beating united
palace beating everton
west brom beating spurs

hell, even arsenal won a match!:colone:
60 points with Wanyama on the bench :frown:
45 points. Captain Costa was a fail lol. Hoping I'm still round about the top.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asr11
You just know some lucky **** has Vardy in their team. 4 assists and a goal lol. :colonhash:

Was really tempted by him but I didn't expect Pearson to play 3 strikers against man utd :doh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
65points for the week, hopefully i'll be on top when the tables update. Excellent.

Going to take Lloris out for Forster this week, feels strange to use my transfer on a keeper but there are no urgent transfers to make and Southampton look solid at the back. Means I can get pretty much any defender I want next week if Moreno doesn't perform.

red for zab, if anyone has him..

was a staple of my defense last season, but have not considered him yet this time, to expesnve for me

Yeh i've had him for the past 3 seasons, 6.5m price & World Cup put me off this year.

Original post by Lúcio
lord jesus.

This is why I refused to do the 3-5-2 which lots of people tried. I hate rotating players, you always pick the one who gets 2pts and leave the one who gets a good haul on the bench. Static front 7 and bench fodder 5th mid ftw.
55 points for me. Not bad tbh. Costa captain didn't pay off.

Quick Reply

Latest