The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
:hugs: I know, I just...idk...I find it hard to care or feel good about myself :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm feeling the same way right now! if i were you i would create a list of all the things u would miss if u were dead
Original post by ScaryScience
I know hun, but its at times like this when we can't love or like ourselves, that we have to rely on others to love and like us - and you have so many people. You have so much to give, don't forget that. Please stay safe and remember this is one very bad moment, but it is just a moment. This feeling wont last forever :lovehug:

I know, she's an idiot. She texted me again earlier and I thought it might be an apology, but nope - apparently she was going to have a 'lazy' day like I do, but instead went out and spent loads of money :rolleyes: great for her, but im stuck in my room :rolleyes:

Oh no hun :frown: Really sorry to hear that - I really do feel for you. Asthma is really horrible and I can't imagine how awful it must be to have it so badly :/ Glad you managed a bit of sleep at least. Hope you manage to go out tomorrow :console:

Well that's a nice text :unimpressed: People can be horrible sometimes :frown:

Not sure which bits of this are asthma and which bits are the virusy thing- apparently (according to the guy last night) the sides of my chest are all inflamed so I don't know, hurts like hell though :s-smilie: Will try, it's the last time I'll see one of them before she goes off to uni so want to if I can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
i'm feeling the same way right now! if i were you i would create a list of all the things u would miss if u were dead

This isnt very helpful if im honest.
So after waiting OVER an hour for the paramedics, they told him they couldnt do anything and A&E would be pointless, but to go to his Dr and hope he does something.
Called his mum who came rou d and sorted things out
do you have examples of life getting better

I'm still very ill but life has improved vastly since my undergrad degree. Done some internships (including one paid one :banana: ), had quite a few job interviews, got a Merit in my Masters and about to start a PhD! Plus I've only lost a few friends due to my being ill.

It CAN get better :yes:

Original post by sunfowers01
Feel overwhelmed by everything I have to do

:hugs:

Original post by Team_McDreamy
just spent the last hour creating a giant long tumblr post explaining what a free university counselling service is, why i found it beneficial and then links to almost 100 UK universities counselling services. phew. at least now i know how to find student wellbeing on almost any uni website :tongue:

PRSOM :grumble:
Original post by PandaWho
This isnt very helpful if im honest.

what do you normally do?
ever since i got back to uni, I've obviously had to talk to loads of people about my state right now (tutors, friends, doctors etc) - and that I've changed over medications. which leads to the question of what i think of it - and then proceed to try and "show me" that i'm actually wrong in thinking that its not helping because i'm chatty and i smile and i go outside. ermmmm no - you asked me how it was going, and i told you, so why can't you just accept that?

i mean, yeah i do that, and i didn't do that on citalopram, but what I've noticed with the sertraline is that its increased my functionality but decreased my mood, if that makes any sense. like, with citalopram, i initially felt good! i didn't do very much but that was ok because i finally felt good - whereas now i get a lot done, i get out of bed, study, tidy up, wash, do laundry etc etc etc, but i have this constant emptiness, my anxiety can get really super high and my body image is through the floorboards.

anybody else get this? you feel like you have nothing to say is "wrong" with you because you're functional, but you're still not good?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm still very ill but life has improved vastly since my undergrad degree. Done some internships (including one paid one :banana: ), had quite a few job interviews, got a Merit in my Masters and about to start a PhD! Plus I've only lost a few friends due to my being ill.

It CAN get better :yes:

:hugs:

PRSOM :grumble:

why did you lose them

why did you lose them

Some people couldn't hack the fact that I was ill and needed a bit more support than they were willing to give :sadnod:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Some people couldn't hack the fact that I was ill and needed a bit more support than they were willing to give :sadnod:

I'm sorry! what steps did you do to make things get better
So after waiting OVER an hour for the paramedics, they told him they couldnt do anything and A&E would be pointless, but to go to his Dr and hope he does something.
Called his mum who came rou d and sorted things out

Glad things are calmer now and that things are sorted. I hope the Dr does something to help. :hugs:
why did you lose them

Just a friendly warning- we dont put up with people who dont have good intentions in here. :h: Sure this doesnt apply to you, but just letting you know. :h:
I'm sorry! what steps did you do to make things get better

I agreed to take medication and to take it every day. I tried to see my remaining friends more often and be more honest about how I'm doing with them. I got onto a therapy wait list and gave CBT a really good go and still use some of the techniques today (CBT was over three years ago now!). I tried talking to my family and giving them NHS websites and Mind factsheets to read. I tried having goals to work towards, e.g. finishing an internship successfully, or my Masters course :yes:

It's a bit easier for me than it is for some others because I'm a naturally optimistic person. It's just the depression that makes me a pessimist. So generally, I always believe things will get better and I always have hope. That has proved invaluable :smile:
Original post by tasha96
Just a friendly warning- we dont put up with people who dont have good intentions in here. :h: Sure this doesnt apply to you, but just letting you know. :h:

I don't think he's being intentionally malignant :smile:
Original post by bullettheory
Glad things are calmer now and that things are sorted. I hope the Dr does something to help. :hugs:

Yeah, were going to his mums tomorrow, hes got drs wednesday and this psychologist thing thursday.
Yeah, were going to his mums tomorrow, hes got drs wednesday and this psychologist thing thursday.

:hugs: to both
Original post by james1211
I don't think he's being intentionally malignant :smile:

Im making sure. Had no sleep and am triggered to hell. Cant deal with people ****ing with my friends at the moment. :cry2:
Original post by tasha96
Im making sure. Had no sleep and am triggered to hell. Cant deal with people ****ing with my friends at the moment. :cry2:

:lovehug: :penguinhug: :loveduck:

Don't you worry about me sweetie! :hugs:
Original post by tasha96

i wasnt trying to be mean
Original post by furryface12
Please don't do something stupid- we care, no-one here wants anything bad to happen to you! :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile

I won't, a bit calmer after talking to my mum & girlfriend but still pretty flat, idk, I'm alive & such though & relatively safe or at least as safe as I can be for now, don't feel great but at least able to partially function without wanting to do stupid things now

Original post by ScaryScience
I know hun, but its at times like this when we can't love or like ourselves, that we have to rely on others to love and like us - and you have so many people. You have so much to give, don't forget that. Please stay safe and remember this is one very bad moment, but it is just a moment. This feeling wont last forever :lovehug:

:hugs: thank you for being so supportive! it means a lot, bit calmer now & safe like I said, just hope that things improve, seeing GP on Wednesday then this assistant psychologist on Thursday so hopefully that helps, at least willing to try them now I think

Latest