The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Can't stop crying at the moment :frown: Don't like being in my house :/
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I agreed to take medication and to take it every day. I tried to see my remaining friends more often and be more honest about how I'm doing with them. I got onto a therapy wait list and gave CBT a really good go and still use some of the techniques today (CBT was over three years ago now!). I tried talking to my family and giving them NHS websites and Mind factsheets to read. I tried having goals to work towards, e.g. finishing an internship successfully, or my Masters course :yes:

It's a bit easier for me than it is for some others because I'm a naturally optimistic person. It's just the depression that makes me a pessimist. So generally, I always believe things will get better and I always have hope. That has proved invaluable :smile:

i have an appointment with a therapist on the 2nd. after you were diagnosed how long where you on the waiting list. what's CBT like?
ED TW:

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous

:frown: :hugs: :console:

Original post by help!!!!!!!!!!
i have an appointment with a therapist on the 2nd. after you were diagnosed how long where you on the waiting list. what's CBT like?

Do go to the appointment and see what they say! Waiting lists are very long for CBT. I was on a waiting list for an assessment for psychotherapy for about 10 months :eek:

CBT is very hard work but very well worth the waiting and energy, imho. It didn't help with my voices or depression very much but I'm a much less anxious person now because of it.

CBT is essentially looking at thought patterns - where they come from, why they remain - and figuring out how to change or at least challenge them :yes:

Do go to the appointment and see what they say! Waiting lists are very long for CBT. I was on a waiting list for an assessment for psychotherapy for about 10 months :eek:

CBT is very hard work but very well worth the waiting and energy, imho. It didn't help with my voices or depression very much but I'm a much less anxious person now because of it.

CBT is essentially looking at thought patterns - where they come from, why they remain - and figuring out how to change or at least challenge them :yes:

10 months? i haven't got 10 months! how did you cope? how did you keep yourself busy? have you tried any other therapies? sorry for all the questions
Original post by Anonymous

i know exactly how you feel
10 months? i haven't got 10 months! how did you cope? how did you keep yourself busy? have you tried any other therapies? sorry for all the questions

Unfortunately, 10 months isn't particularly unusual on the NHS :no: I'm lucky that I live with my parents and so they kept me going/safe until therapy came around. At the moment, I'm having something called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, which is a bit different to traditional CBT and incorporates aspects of mindfulness (a type of secular meditation).

No worries :h:

What's your diagnosis poppet?
Hey everyone, hope you're all well! I can't remember my anon number in the other thread, aha. Maybe I should make a new account so I don't have to worry...

Hm. Well, guess I should update? Off to uni next week, brother disowned me two weeks ago (I think), can't sleep, eating is getting bad again, can't cope very well with the memories, but on the plus side, finally opened up with my two closest friends so that's good I guess.

*sigh* I'm so scared about uni...I know I'm going to mess up in second year. :cry2: I'm a failure.

thank you for the hugs, they are much needed.
Original post by furryface12
Well that's a nice text :unimpressed: People can be horrible sometimes :frown:

Not sure which bits of this are asthma and which bits are the virusy thing- apparently (according to the guy last night) the sides of my chest are all inflamed so I don't know, hurts like hell though :s-smilie: Will try, it's the last time I'll see one of them before she goes off to uni so want to if I can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear hun, sounds awful - have you been coughing a lot too? I tend to get sore ribs if I do, which could be making things worse. sending healing vibes your way
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
I won't, a bit calmer after talking to my mum & girlfriend but still pretty flat, idk, I'm alive & such though & relatively safe or at least as safe as I can be for now, don't feel great but at least able to partially function without wanting to do stupid things now

:hugs: thank you for being so supportive! it means a lot, bit calmer now & safe like I said, just hope that things improve, seeing GP on Wednesday then this assistant psychologist on Thursday so hopefully that helps, at least willing to try them now I think

very very glad you are safe - worried about you! keep hanging on in there, thinking of you. text/PM if needed :hugs:
come over feeling very weird and out of sorts. weird thoughts.
Unfortunately, 10 months isn't particularly unusual on the NHS :no: I'm lucky that I live with my parents and so they kept me going/safe until therapy came around. At the moment, I'm having something called Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, which is a bit different to traditional CBT and incorporates aspects of mindfulness (a type of secular meditation).

No worries :h:

i don't have anyone i can talked too
Original post by ScaryScience
very very glad you are safe - worried about you! keep hanging on in there, thinking of you. text/PM if needed :hugs:

thanks, yeah I will be okay for now I think, thank you for being so nice & for the PM :smile: thanks, likewise if you need anyone to talk to feel free to PM me & I will message you my mobile number :hugs:
Original post by .snowflake.
What's your diagnosis poppet?

i'm going to find out on the 2nd pushed it back by a couple of weeks because i thought things will get better
i'm going to find out on the 2nd pushed it back by a couple of weeks because i thought things will get better

is it more worrying about things, or is it more depression?
Original post by ScaryScience
come over feeling very weird and out of sorts. weird thoughts.

:frown: :hugs: :penguinhug:

i don't have anyone i can talked too

You can keep talking to us guys! :h:
Original post by .snowflake.
is it more worrying about things, or is it more depression?

i cry a lot because I'm scared about life and sometimes I'm just numb
:frown: :hugs: :penguinhug:

You can keep talking to us guys! :h:

ok, thank you

Latest