The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hecate99
Hey there yh the subjects are not bad bu t the coursework starting to pile up ������ but I'm trying my best to stay on top of the lot wbu

I've had a lot of coursework recently too. it's very stressful sometimes.
Original post by NathalieGW
How did you find the Chemistry coursework? I quite enjoy Science Practicals :smile:

Thanks, I can't wait to start Creative writing!

In my class we did one a unit 2 practice paper at the start of term, just to recap where we're at. I did good though as I covered a lot of Maths over the summer.

My first exams start in April, I think it is Art. My first Maths exam is on June 11th (that'll be unit 2)

It was ok doing the practical, however I struggled when doing the write up.

I'm hoping that we'll finish Shakespeare this week and start with language ready for our exams in January. :smile:

We're doing a lot of past papers at the moment, at school and at home.

How are you finding art?
Original post by vd12345
Good luck to you too :wink: and my school let set 1 of maths and sets 1 and 2 of RS do the GCSE in year 10.. But apart from that, just native speakers for languages tbh.. Btw read my new post, it has my A level options xD

You have sets in RS? :confused: Haha, had to drop RS because I wasn't going to kill myself with three humanities - i'd probably live but i'm not sure if my hand would :wink: - kind of regret that as our teacher was amazing. Stupid decision, brain.
Your A-level options are similar to mine! :^_^:! Tho I'm thinking of doing english - such a book nerd i can't bear to give the subject up even though I don't think I'll take it for Uni... :colondollar:
Original post by Strom
:colone: Haha! For my mock I wrote that singing without instrumental accompaniment was called homophonic texture :s-smilie::s-smilie::o:S:o:(:o:S:colondollar:

Well, I present you with the neat freak's guide to texture :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Latin! That is just the coolest :biggrin: How are you finding it?

I know right, it's what all the cool kids do. :tongue: I KID.

It's actually really interesting. Been doing it since year 7 - it was easy then and I prefer my old teacher :frown:... The amount of vocab you've got to know is annoying especially when you have a short-term memory like me... :biggrin: For prose, i'm doing pliny (which is pretty dull - personal opinion) and for verse (just started), doing the Aeneid. NOT all of it.... But yeah, the extract we're doing is pretty amazing - it is an epic after all. Haha. Gotta say, love winding my teacher up by pretending it's a 'dead' language - even when they know you're winding them up, still funny. :wink:

I prefer greek - though you can only take the GCSE in Sixth Form.

Do you do Latin? :smile:
Original post by SampleX
Well, I present you with the neat freak's guide to texture :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahaha:mmm: :biggrin: This going to be a fun year :rolleyes:
Original post by turn-to-page394
You have sets in RS? :confused: Haha, had to drop RS because I wasn't going to kill myself with three humanities - i'd probably live but i'm not sure if my hand would :wink: - kind of regret that as our teacher was amazing. Stupid decision, brain.
Your A-level options are similar to mine! :^_^:! Tho I'm thinking of doing english - such a book nerd i can't bear to give the subject up even though I don't think I'll take it for Uni... :colondollar:

You should have kept RS, lool.. That subject is soo easy. see if you can still take the exam.. You can easily complete the course in a year tbh. I didn't do half the homework and just did cram revision starting one week before the first exam; staying back at school so teacher could help me. And I got an A* so yeeah, I'm sure you'd do fine if you took Rs tbh. And yes we had RS sets, idk why but I'm happy they let me take it early.

You should have kept RS, lool.. That subject is soo easy. see if you can still take the exam.. You can easily complete the course in a year tbh. I didn't do half the homework and just did cram revision starting one week before the first exam; staying back at school so teacher could help me. And I got an A* so yeeah, I'm sure you'd do fine if you took Rs tbh. And yes we had RS sets, idk why but I'm happy they let me take it early.
As for uni, I'm thinking something science/maths related. Wbu?
Original post by vd12345
As for uni, I'm thinking something science/maths related. Wbu?

Well done on your grade! And yeah, maybe i should have chosen RS but I don't think my school would let me take the exam even if i did self-learn... Ah well. :smile:

And yes, probably something science related for uni - not that interested in maths though. :biggrin:
Well done on your grade! And yeah, maybe i should have chosen RS but I don't think my school would let me take the exam even if i did self-learn... Ah well. :smile:

And yes, probably something science related for uni - not that interested in maths though. :biggrin:

Not interested in maths that much either.. Was just good at it from a young age before my dad forced me to learn time tables in year 1. Yes I'm asian lmao ^_^ but I don't get pressurised like that anymore, he just didn't want me to be stupid. And there's no harm asking your school tbh.. What did u do in place of RS?
Original post by Strom
Ahaha:mmm: :biggrin: This going to be a fun year :rolleyes:

If you need any other subject notes... The colours get better :>

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know right, it's what all the cool kids do. :tongue: I KID.

It's actually really interesting. Been doing it since year 7 - it was easy then and I prefer my old teacher :frown:... The amount of vocab you've got to know is annoying especially when you have a short-term memory like me... :biggrin: For prose, i'm doing pliny (which is pretty dull - personal opinion) and for verse (just started), doing the Aeneid. NOT all of it.... But yeah, the extract we're doing is pretty amazing - it is an epic after all. Haha. Gotta say, love winding my teacher up by pretending it's a 'dead' language - even when they know you're winding them up, still funny. :wink:

I prefer greek - though you can only take the GCSE in Sixth Form.

Do you do Latin? :smile:

We've never been offered it, but I'm looking into private tuition because ancient languages fascinate me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
If you need any other subject notes... The colours get better :>

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colone::colone::colone:
Original post by SampleX
We've never been offered it, but I'm looking into private tuition because ancient languages fascinate me :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you find it interesting. :smile: It's pretty amazing when you realise how many english words are derived from latin and other ancient languages... :biggrin: Good luck if you do do the tuition :wink:
Original post by vd12345
Not interested in maths that much either.. Was just good at it from a young age before my dad forced me to learn time tables in year 1. Yes I'm asian lmao ^_^ but I don't get pressurised like that anymore, he just didn't want me to be stupid. And there's no harm asking your school tbh.. What did u do in place of RS?

Holy... You are practically my clone :eek: (only in guy form :biggrin:) Yeah, my parents made me do maths when i was younger and that's why i got good at it... And haha, i'm asian too. :P

And I did geography in place of RS.
Hope you find it interesting. :smile: It's pretty amazing when you realise how many english words are derived from latin and other ancient languages... :biggrin: Good luck if you do do the tuition :wink:

Thanks, good luck with your exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holy... You are practically my clone :eek: (only in guy form :biggrin:) Yeah, my parents made me do maths when i was younger and that's why i got good at it... And haha, i'm asian too. :P

And I did geography in place of RS.

Omg that's so keewl
Original post by SampleX
Thanks, good luck with your exam :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:smile: Danke -(I don't take german actually...:colondollar:)
Original post by vd12345
Omg that's so keewl

And slightly creepy :colone:

jk.

Latest