The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Feel for whoever it is that benched maclin and jackson against me.
Original post by ..DT..
Feel for whoever it is that benched maclin and jackson against me.

Original post by Wattsy
Maybe it was unfair, you saw in that masterclass on Sky that he has a great football brain, I just don't like how he's unquestionable and players like Dalton are always having their credentials queried by pundits, from the moment he came into the league Luck has never had that.

I'm going to lose my TSR matchup. Stafford is being a tool

This GB @ DET game had so much promise, it's actually been a ****ing dreadful watch

Agree with that bit in bold. Dalton doesn't get the respect he actually should have. Luck will be a top 5 qb in the future...but with Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers and Brady, I don't see that changing soon. Then you have Ryan, Romo, Wilson and the such. Dalton putting up 4500 yards, 30 odd TD's last season.

It's also been a weird fantasy week. You win some and you lose some. :cool:
Welp, at least Pats won. They look toothless as **** though.
Thank **** for that Gus, Henne is over. Bring on Bortles, good look with that O-line though, they're like a pair of fishnet tights. They aren't going to beat the Chargers next week but surely they have to be less ****. That's all I want, don't be getting outscored 105-10 like Henne did after HT of week 1.
I have no idea how I'm winning in our ff league. I hadn't even set my line up etc and I have two RBs ineligible yet I am winning.

Posted from TSR Mobile
49ers lost :frown:
I was worried there. Thank goodness for Bam Bam Kam...

We've used 11 receivers this game lol, including Russell Wilson (from Jermaine Kearse), 2 running backs, Derrick Coleman, Zach Miller and 6 WRs... ridiculous
(edited 9 years ago)
Great finish to the Broncos Seahawks game
Original post by cant_think_of_name
I was worried there. Thank goodness for Bam Bam Kam...

We've used 11 receivers this game lol, including Russell Wilson (from Jermaine Kearse), 2 running backs, Derrick Coleman, Zach Miller and 6 WRs... ridiculous

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Great finish to the Broncos Seahawks game

Well Played, Seattle. Well played. I'm still on the emotional climbdown after that game...if only the superbowl was as good, eh?!

But...as a Broncos fan...considering how bad we were getting beat in the first three quarters, to come back in the fourth like that showed plenty of heart. That last 50s of that drive...wow. And then, the 2 point conversion to ice it...wow!! I thought it was over when Manning threw the pick. The defense looks much improved. Talib...had a mix of good and bad...but he so nearly had a pick six, and caused an important pick.

Now, to have a productive bye week, rest up and have all guns blazing to face the Cards.
Man, I'm glad it all worked out. Counted my chickens a little soon there.

Also, my fantasy team is back in the mix after some awesome heroics from Antonio Brown. Saviour - six points behind with Jay Cutler to play for me and Matt Forte for my opponent. Gonna be tight
So..hands up who had the Eagles, Bengals and Cards as the only 3 unbeaten teams through 3 weeks?!
Original post by shunter7634
So..hands up who had the Eagles, Bengals and Cards as the only 3 unbeaten teams through 3 weeks?!

I had the Eagles and the Bengals, can't say I had the Cards. I'm liking my Bengals win the Superbowl punt quite a lot right now.
Patriots look like gash right now offensively. Not sure whats up but they better fix that nonsense quick. Poe, Houston and Hali scare me going against our O-line...
Original post by Wattsy
I had the Eagles and the Bengals, can't say I had the Cards. I'm liking my Bengals win the Superbowl punt quite a lot right now.

I've drawn the Bengals in a sweepstake so I'm hoping they do well.

Hope my Jets win tonight though :biggrin:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
I've drawn the Bengals in a sweepstake so I'm hoping they do well.

Hope my Jets win tonight though :biggrin:

I want Matt Forte to run all over you in all honesty just to restore some respectability to my horrible fantasy score this week.

I took the Bengals on at 33/1 and they're now into 12's so I have to be happy with that. I called it right last year but that was with the Hawks; a much safer bet at 8.5s
Original post by Wattsy
I want Matt Forte to run all over you in all honesty just to restore some respectability to my horrible fantasy score this week.

Against the Jets D-line? They coped well enough with Eddie Lacy last week. Cutler and Marshall/Jeffery on the other hand though... *shudder*.
Jeffery, Marshall and Bennett should tear the jets secondary to bits...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jammy4041
Well Played, Seattle. Well played. I'm still on the emotional climbdown after that game...if only the superbowl was as good, eh?!

But...as a Broncos fan...considering how bad we were getting beat in the first three quarters, to come back in the fourth like that showed plenty of heart. That last 50s of that drive...wow. And then, the 2 point conversion to ice it...wow!! I thought it was over when Manning threw the pick. The defense looks much improved. Talib...had a mix of good and bad...but he so nearly had a pick six, and caused an important pick.

Now, to have a productive bye week, rest up and have all guns blazing to face the Cards.

Superbowl might not have been as good, but it was a whole lot funnier. Great drive from Peyton to make it a two point game.
Well Geno Smith managed to beat the Jets all by himself :frown:
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Superbowl might not have been as good, but it was a whole lot funnier. Great drive from Peyton to make it a two point game.

Let's just say we're going to have to agree to disagree. Sometimes I just wish I could have drank copious amount of alcohol to drown my sorrows, but alas, I don't drink. It was not a nice game to watch sober. And yes...looking back one has to have a bit of gallows humor when facing the Seahawks, and reflecting on that superbowl. :redface:

Also...a nice throw into very tight coverage on the two point conversion. That's overlooked in that game.

Latest