The Student Room Group
Wilshere always speeds up arsenals tempo when he plays with his quick one-twos and quick dribbling.
Nice to see Ozil.play good.Hope he plays in that position all the time.:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm half black myself -_-

Anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Best weekend of footy for ages. Ozil puts in a performance, Welbeck gets off the mark and all our rivals drop points. Oh and fat frank scores against Chelsea. Love it.
Original post by leinad2012
That's an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, Sturridge is one of the best strikers in the Premier league and pretty much all football fans and pundits agree with that. Are you honestly saying that players like Drogba, Balotelli and Toure are underrated due to their skin colour? Honestly, people LOVE to try to see racism where it isn't there...:rolleyes:

Yes. How long did it take for Sturridge to be rated as a top player despite him getting numerous goals for Chelsea and at Bolton before going to Liverpool. I hear things like he's selfish, he's arrogant and cocky and even now I still hear people say he's a bad player or overrated. Just because he's a young black man who's confident in his ability.

Drogba was underrated and even Chelsea fans in his first few seasons were giving him abuse, one story was some Chelsea fans telling him to **** off home then when he scores starts singing a Drogba song(fickle fans). Balotelli gets shed loads of hate from people in this country and in Italy. Racism is still rife but people don't want to see it. It's clear by those pictures of Welbeck and Sanogo and the racist comments made to Balotelli laughing at United that the darker your skin colour the lower you are seen as a person.
this whole welbeck is dat guy and making funny pictures of him, how many white players do you see them make a gimmick about like that?

It just reminds me of the Kolo Toure pictures and how everybody "loves" him and making there is no need to be upset. How many white players do you see making a gimmick of them like that.
Original post by jam278

It just reminds me of the Kolo Toure pictures and how everybody "loves" him and making there is no need to be upset. How many white players do you see making a gimmick of them like that.

I'm pretty sure the original pic was of a gorilla as well which makes it even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
I'm pretty sure the original pic was of a gorilla as well which makes it even worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

Precisely.

I'm sorry but people need to open their eyes. Racism still exists in society, it's just been disguised by the pyramid structure of capitalism.

Speaking of that swarly i'll reply to your comment in a bit.
Wicked performance by Ozil. Can only hope Wenger continues to trust him with the No.10 position, otherwise Ozil will back to being awful:mad:
Reply 9848
Original post by jam278
Precisely. Should I post pictures of white trash slackjawed yokels and call them podolski and giroud?

It's racist to the bone and pisses me off. Racism is still rife in this country. All I need to say is that if Welbeck and Sturridge were white they'd get rated more than they currently are.

I've always thought that if Sturridge was white, he would get credit has one of Europe's most feared strikers (not necessarily the best, but definitely one of the most feared).
Cant say have ever though the same about Welbz, he is fairly rated. He reminds me of Milner in terms of how he is rated.
Original post by swarly
I've always thought that if Sturridge was white, he would get credit has one of Europe's most feared strikers (not necessarily the best, but definitely one of the most feared).
Cant say have ever though the same about Welbz, he is fairly rated. He reminds me of Milner in terms of how he is rated.

Yup exactly.

I get you with Welbeck, he's a good player but seems a bit like Milner yes. Does a job but he'll improve in front of goal.
Reply 9850
Original post by jam278
Yes. How long did it take for Sturridge to be rated as a top player despite him getting numerous goals for Chelsea and at Bolton before going to Liverpool. I hear things like he's selfish, he's arrogant and cocky and even now I still hear people say he's a bad player or overrated. Just because he's a young black man who's confident in his ability.

Drogba was underrated and even Chelsea fans in his first few seasons were giving him abuse, one story was some Chelsea fans telling him to **** off home then when he scores starts singing a Drogba song(fickle fans). Balotelli gets shed loads of hate from people in this country and in Italy. Racism is still rife but people don't want to see it. It's clear by those pictures of Welbeck and Sanogo and the racist comments made to Balotelli laughing at United that the darker your skin colour the lower you are seen as a person.

It's disgusting. Abosultely disgusting. To think we live in the UK, where you'd assume we'd be free from all this bul**** too. Yesterday when Mario tweeted during the united game he got so much abuse.. "You monkey" etc etc, only coz he said "United...LOL" :/
Reply 9851
Anyway, what will the lineup be for tomorrow? I hope Campbell gets a run
Original post by jam278

Maybe with Sturridge its more to do with the fact that his goals to game ratio was poor when he was at Chelsea and on loan at Bolton (21 goals in 75 league appearances with 42 starts and an even worse ratio when you include cup games) and now he's at Liverpool playing in the right position he's got 36 goals in 52 games with 46 starts. Stats easily explain that.

In terms of arrogance, players like Hazard, Rooney, Van Persie etc. were all/ are stll viewed as arrogant in their time, race has nothing to do with it.

If what you've said is true about Chelsea fans chanting at Drogba it's disgusting but it would explain why Chelsea fans are viewed as scum by the rest of the footballing world. I guess that's why you spend 90% of your time on other teams threads?

I'm not saying the pictures aren't racist, but there's similar things about white players posted to (e.g. lots of white trash fights wtih comments on Bridge and Terry back in the day iirc). It's meant to be light hearted banter that happens to all players of all races but I guess if you're black you can play the racist card.

Abuse at balotelli is disgusting but it's by a very small minority, if you only focus on the few people who are stupid enough to be racist then you're going to live a pretty **** existence tbh
Campbell, Sanogo, Sanchez as the front three, midfield Flamini, Wilshere and possibly Cazorla. Back will be the likes of Bellerin etc.
Original post by swarly

He isn't because he's never played in the champions League, who are the most feared striekrs in the world? Ronaldo, Messi, Costa, Ibra, players who proved themselves in the champions league. If he performs this year in CL then he'll get his reward in terms of recognition
Reply 9855
Original post by jam278
Campbell, Sanogo, Sanchez as the front three, midfield Flamini, Wilshere and possibly Cazorla. Back will be the likes of Bellerin etc.

Likes of bellerin lol, I wouldn't be suprised to see one of merta, kosc or Gibbs being used.. We're so short at the back it's ridiculous. On the plus side, we'll get to see Ospina I hope
Maybe with Sturridge its more to do with the fact that his goals to game ratio was poor when he was at Chelsea and on loan at Bolton (21 goals in 75 league appearances with 42 starts and an even worse ratio when you include cup games) and now he's at Liverpool playing in the right position he's got 36 goals in 52 games with 46 starts. Stats easily explain that.

I don't want to go in this argument again but Sturridge played on the wing or as a sub striker for majority of his games at Chelsea and if you check his goals to minute ratio it's very high despite not getting games at Chelsea.

I've followed sturridge for years so I know this, someone like SUG can post you the details but over Sturridge's whole career he is 7th in the goals to minute ratio in the prem so clearly he wasn't a bad player at Chelsea. Also top goalscorer.

In terms of arrogance, players like Hazard, Rooney, Van Persie etc. were all/ are stll viewed as arrogant in their time, race has nothing to do with it.

If what you've said is true about Chelsea fans chanting at Drogba it's disgusting but it would explain why Chelsea fans are viewed as scum by the rest of the footballing world. I guess that's why you spend 90% of your time on other teams threads?

I'm not saying the pictures aren't racist, but there's similar things about white players posted to (e.g. lots of white trash fights wtih comments on Bridge and Terry back in the day iirc). It's meant to be light hearted banter that happens to all players of all races but I guess if you're black you can play the racist card.

Abuse at balotelli is disgusting but it's by a very small minority, if you only focus on the few people who are stupid enough to be racist then you're going to live a pretty **** existence tbh

I get you here.

If you're black you can easily play the racist card here, showing a picture of a young african kid who's butt naked and posting gorilla pictures of Kolo Toure is racist to the bone. The white trash stuff is generally made by white people anyway, not to say that it's not a racist thing to do but majority of the time these stuff are done by white people.

It's not a small minority if you look at his days by italy being booed constantly by opposition for the colour of his skin. I can see why he's not right in the head tbh.
Original post by jam278
racist priks

It's just a joke...black people make fun of white people all the time on Twitter, I follow many black people because their tweets are brilliant. What about the simple "#stopwhitepeople2k14" with a picture of a white woman kissing a dog...LOL. There's racism, and then there's humour. If it offends you, tough, jokes are played on everyone.
He isn't because he's never played in the champions League, who are the most feared striekrs in the world? Ronaldo, Messi, Costa, Ibra, players who proved themselves in the champions league. If he performs this year in CL then he'll get his reward in terms of recognition

yes he's never played in the competition before :rolleyes:

again stop talking nonsense about sturridge. Falcao hasn't proven himself since 2010 in the champions league and he wasn't even that amazing then but people still say he's the best no.9 in the world so why is it suddenly a different story for sturridge who for the past 20 or so months has been outdoing Falcao with ease?
Original post by SHOO
Anyway, what will the lineup be for tomorrow? I hope Campbell gets a run

I'd have thought Sanogo will be put up front, Poldi on left wing is a shout considering Wenger only puts left footed players on left wing and Cazorla and Ozil will probably be rested. It'll be either Poldi or Campbell on left wing.

Rosicky at CAM?

My guess would be:

Ospina
Bellerin Chambers Kosc/ Merta Monreal

Flamini Wilshere

Sanchez Rosicky Poldi/ Campbell

Sanogo/ Campbell

Latest