The Student Room Group

What are the coming changes to A-levels?

Reply 1

They are making the two qualifications more separate. At the moment ASs feel like just the first part you do to get onto the real stuff at A2. After the change the AS and A2 qualifications will be "stand alone" qualifications. AS will be done "when you do your a-levels" but it doesn't count towards the final a-level grade. It will be a separate qualification you can have.
Original post by 8472
They are making the two qualifications more separate. At the moment ASs feel like just the first part you do to get onto the real stuff at A2. After the change the AS and A2 qualifications will be "stand alone" qualifications. AS will be done "when you do your a-levels" but it doesn't count towards the final a-level grade. It will be a separate qualification you can have.

So I don't have to choose 4 subjects right? I can just choose 3?
Will this affect UCAS Points?
Reply 3
Original post by STUDYREVISE
So I don't have to choose 4 subjects right? I can just choose 3?
Will this affect UCAS Points?

I see what you're saying there but I think you'll still do 4 ASs then 3 subjects in your second year typically.
Not exactly sure. When the time comes and the changes are made.. it'll be pretty clear. :smile:
Original post by 8472
I see what you're saying there but I think you'll still do 4 ASs then 3 subjects in your second year typically.
Not exactly sure. When the time comes and the changes are made.. it'll be pretty clear. :smile:

Yeah, thanks.
Applying to colleges starts from now, that's why I wanted to know

Quick Reply

Latest