The Student Room Group

ID for part time job interview, help!

Okay basically, I have applied for a course with the open university and sent my birth certificate off to student finance a short while ago, the problem is I have a interview for a part time job this Thursday, and I have my national insurance, but no other acceptable ID... what to do? do I go in on the day and explain, or should I try reschedule the interview in the email? :eek: thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Samwin
Okay basically, I have applied for a course with the open university and sent my birth certificate off to student finance a short while ago, the problem is I have a interview for a part time job this Thursday, and I have my national insurance, but no other acceptable ID... what to do? do I go in on the day and explain, or should I try reschedule the interview in the email? :eek: thanks in advance :smile:

I'm assuming you don't have a valid passport?
Reply 2
Unfortunately never had one :frown:
Original post by Samwin

Hi,

I would just send an email explaining that you haven't got any form of ID to bring with you as Student Finance have it. Say that you will bring it in on the earliest possible date (if you get the job of course).

I wouldn't rearrange over email (as they might interview another person and give them the job) and I wouldn't just go in on the day. I'm sure they'd appreciate knowing about any issues you're having before hand rather than leaving it till the date.

Hope this helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Samwin
Unfortunately never had one :frown:

Never had one :confused::confused:

Then get one then as well, do you not want to leave the country etc
Reply 5
When I get the money, I will... I haven't had the money or the opportunity as of yet, passing college and getting a job so I have somewhere to live and eat, etc. has been more on the agenda than making plans to leave the country -_- Most of the time I canot leave my town due to lack of money, and no job since leaving college in June...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending