The Student Room Group

Just Found Out The Guy I Like Has A Girlfriend :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChickenMadness
The stereoytpes don't really make a difference :tongue:. The 'nice guys' tend to be some of the ones with the most dickhead-ish characteristics. Like being overly arrogant and looking down on other people. Or small man syndrome maybe. And insecurities that can lead to abusive relationships.

What attracted you to him in the first place? He doesn't sound like he has any redeeming qualities lmao.

Yeah, that's very true :tongue: I do think he has slight small man syndrome lel.

Just the intelligence/ability to hold a smart conversation and competence at his job I guess. And the fact that he has a ridiculously cute face/eyes. I always go for guys with feminine faces for some reason, even though the majority of the attention I get (whether on the street, at the gym, or wherever) is from guys with masculine faces/muscular bodies :lol: Maybe I should change my preferences.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks again. I know that "normal" girls often seem spoilt to some, but they don't have "baggage" etc. either and I'm not sure if most guys would find my family background (imagine dating a girl with no parents...) a turn-off either. What do you mean by the sort of guy who goes for normal girls, btw? Isn't that most guys? :s-smilie:

Dating a girl with no parents sounds awesome :biggrin:

I don't really know what I mean, and yes by definition it would be most guys, but I doubt you'd like them, so don't worry.

Yeah, you're right rationally speaking. I'm trying not to get hung up on them, I think I'm just so stressed right now that even my usually organised mind is being pushed too much, and then hearing that this guy had a girlfriend just brought all the old insecurities rushing back :frown:.

Yeahh. What you need is a friend to see and offload on. Any best friends from home on Skype?

I'm actually in a bit of a horrible situation here regarding seeing him again. He and my friend (together with a couple of other people I know) are doing a temporary project for my firm that starts next month and ends in February, which has also been offered to me as a current employee. I told my boss I would probably do this project as a side thing. I could make a few extra thousand from doing it (which would really come in handy) by doing so - but now that I know he has a girlfriend and he probably knows I like him and is judging me for it, I'm not sure if I want to go for it or not.

He's probably completely unaware of the whole thing, and if he was I very much doubt he would be judging you for it, this isn't high school, and if he were to act like that, it would say much more about him than about you. Apart from anything else, he doesn't know you know he has a girlfriend...

As for the project, I'd go for it, the money will be great, and close proximity could turn you off him just as easily as turn you on to him, and who knows, you may be in luck and find he starts to like you. I would be able to handle it personally but you might not, you'd have to make the call.
I slept with a guy who I thought was decent turned out he had a gf and I only found out when months I didn't hear from him his flatmates told me because they all hated him and he moved out. Few weeks later I saw him he came up to me to ask me to go back to his place! So he turned out to be a right A**hole and it left me feeling so cheap at the time, there will always be people like that in your life if it wasn't meant to be it wasn't it just means there is someone worth waiting for and finding. You will be in London so jealous haha

I say give yourself some time to settle in and breathe sometimes distance eases the tension with you and your family, I have a really close friend who's in a very similar situation and even though its still awkward she's moved away from her family ad gradually its getting better

That sounds awful, sorry to hear that :frown: It wasn't your fault, though, how could you have known?

Yeah, I'm trying to give myself time. Life is pretty stressful in general now though.
Yeah, that's very true :tongue: I do think he has slight small man syndrome lel.

Just the intelligence/ability to hold a smart conversation and competence at his job I guess. And the fact that he has a ridiculously cute face/eyes. I always go for guys with feminine faces for some reason, even though the majority of the attention I get (whether on the street, at the gym, or wherever) is from guys with masculine faces/muscular bodies :lol: Maybe I should change my preferences.

lol can you do that? Just randomly change your preferences drastically?

Btw what scrotgot said. I tend to find girls with some bad past attractive as well for some reason. I had a ****ty childhood as well.
But ye those girls are usually just nicer and less selfish than the rest.
Original post by scrotgrot
Dating a girl with no parents sounds awesome :biggrin:

I don't really know what I mean, and yes by definition it would be most guys, but I doubt you'd like them, so don't worry.

Haha thanks :biggrin:

Why wouldn't I like most guys? :redface:

Yeahh. What you need is a friend to see and offload on. Any best friends from home on Skype?

My closest friends are all away on a Contiki trip in Aus at the moment (I was invited, but had to skip it due to work :s-smilie:). I could potentially email them though, they'll be back in two weeks but hopefully the whole thing should feel fine for me by then.

He's probably completely unaware of the whole thing, and if he was I very much doubt he would be judging you for it, this isn't high school, and if he were to act like that, it would say much more about him than about you. Apart from anything else, he doesn't know you know he has a girlfriend...

As for the project, I'd go for it, the money will be great, and close proximity could turn you off him just as easily as turn you on to him, and who knows, you may be in luck and find he starts to like you. I would be able to handle it personally but you might not, you'd have to make the call.

I really hope so :s-smilie: I was unusually happy/bubbly when talking to him last time though (not intentionally flirty, but you know how one gets sometimes) and I think he picked up on it because he suddenly got cold during a perfectly normal conversation. He is unfortunately very judgmental - he does stuff like Tweet awful stuff about people he sees on the Tube and call them stupid or something (Yeah, I know...)

I actually think I will (money talks haha.) How do you reckon I should act towards him, though? Looking back and feeling calmer now, he's definitely a dick a lot of the time (to me and people in general); I wouldn't have been half as nice to him as I have if I didn't fancy him. Should I just be stone cold and really blunt? Lol.
lol can you do that? Just randomly change your preferences drastically?

Btw what scrotgot said. I tend to find girls with some bad past attractive as well for some reason. I had a ****ty childhood as well.
But ye those girls are usually just nicer and less selfish than the rest.

Can't hurt to try :tongue:. The "nerdy/feminine" guys I tend to go for often seem to go for the hipster/"quirkily beautiful" feminist girls lol - those who are really unconventional with their appearance and like indie bands and stuff. I'm a bit too "conventional" sometimes (long hair, dress in a certain way, conformist to some extent, love sports, feminine myself) which masculine guys seem to dig a lot more than girly guys. Sometimes feminine guys seem to hate me just for being me :s-smilie:

Sorry to hear that, bro :frown: :hugs:

Talking of selfishness, is there any way to spot in advance if a guy is going to be awful about my past before telling him? (Besides him just generally being a dick lel).
Aww hi there, I can relate to a lot of what you've said :3.

For one thing, you sound like you're being so hard on yourself. Stop that! If you be hard on yourself about everything, you will really be miserable for a long time. I used to do this too, I know what a tempting habit it is to slip into but gradually bit by bit you need to stop being so self critical and gradually you will build up your esteem until you're bulletproof :smile: (or almost bulletproof :P)
e.g. saying stuff like "I'm so embarrassed too, I'm mad at myself for falling for him too quickly", "I hate myself for doing so"... if you keep on saying these things to yourself then you'll never open yourself up to happiness, as hippy-like and soppy as that sounds, it is actually true. Life has taught me that you need to be absoloutely relentless (and don't worry I can totally relate to your situation of family problems consuming you and loneliness and whatever else) in giving yourself another chance and try reasoning with yourself. They do say that the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others, and thats true in a way becase if you really help others you will become so skilful at it that eventually you will say 'hey why I am being lovely to all these people but not lovely to me'. Additionally having these thoughts will just inhibit you in life full stop. They will prevent you from making the changes in your life and in your surroundings that you want - you sound like a good person and I'm sure you want to help others or at least make positive changes in your immediate environemtn, but if you keep on with this tirade of self-abuse you will literally not reach those goals as harsh as it sounds.

Fortunately, I never made a move on him, but last time we talked I think it showed - I didn't explicitly hit on him, but was really cheerful and bubbly and I think he spotted something because he suddenly became very cold. I'm worried that he's just looking down on me now as though I like him he can be very judgmental and rational and snarky. I liked him because he was smart and competent, now I hate myself for doing so.

I quite honestly doubt this is the case. Maybe he just realised that there was a bit of a dynamic going on between you and that's why he went cold because he wanted to be faithful to his girlfriend. I mean, it's a positive thing because it shows that a lot of guys out there do have self-restraint and will close down such situations :smile:. I mean come on, if someone was attracted to you, would you look down on them?! You would probably just be flattered and decline the attention, like he did. Admittedly you may not have become totally cold but what other way is there to send the message to someone that youre taken and you aren't interested?!
Plus, I mean you havent been a total stalker and sent him love letters or anything. Why does he have any reason to look down on you? I'm fairly certain he too as liked someone unrequitedly before, and remember that. It's easy to feel like we re the only one who has ever been stupid enough to like someone we shouldn't but when it comes down to it everyone has crushed on someone who wasn't feeling it, and for quite a few people they have not just crushed on them but had their hearts broken/ripped out. So don't be going on this "omg he must think I'm soooo weird, I'm like an alien for liking someone who I didn't know had a girlfriend, like how could I ever possibly like someone who I thought was available? I'm such a freak" line :P sorry for the exagerration but you know it's silly. Of course I've been there and it's tough but you know that it doesn't make sense! And for gooness sake girlfriend, stop feeling embarassed and hating yourself I mean come on life is toooo short for any of that! You can't get into that spiral of thoughts! You've had enough to deal with with family stuff so be kind to yourself! You are young and you can't get these moments back! :smile:

I'm literally so gutted. I just moved to London, so maybe my situation will improve and I'll meet new guys

Yeah you might meet someone thats right for you, but you might not. That's the way I think about it. I'm single too at the moment and am sick of being mistreated by guys and never having the serious genuine boyfriend that seems to come to other girls so easily, but is it really the most important thing for you right now? For me, the way I overcome the oh too tempting thought of "I REALLY WISH THERE WAS SOMEONE WHO JUST COMPLETED ME" is too complete myself. i mean what do you stand for? What do you want to fight for? I'm sure there are some things that matter to you. There are a lot of people out there in the world who don't give a damn, but I'm sure they're not truly happy and even if they are they are not trully fulfilled or useful to humanity. All the goodness in the world is dependent on people that actually do want to be a good source of kindness and compassion and helpfulness to others and fight against things that are wrong and for things that are right - in absoloutely whatever way you want to do that. There are literally a million ways. It could just be a chat with someone old and ignored, it could be by being an inspirational teacher, or by being a scientist. And all that makes you feel good about yourself, whilst doing good for the world in turn. It is a win-win situation. If you emanate kindness and be a positive change in other people''s lifes then those things will come to you. There are those that don't believe this but if you don't believe in happiness for everyone, and you don't believe that you can be happy, then how will you ever be happy?

[QUOTE] but I didn't have any friends here before I moved and right now he's the only one I knew here whom I seriously liked. [/QUOTE]
Hmm, don't be too dependent on anyone like this. Open yourself up to lots of people then fewer people can let you down.

I'm quite physically attractive, very friendly and do get guys hitting on me even when I'm just walking around doing my thing,

That's great, embrace those things and forget the 'i hate myself'. What reason do you really have to hate yourself? You are just human. Be led by your talents and not your self-loathing as Russell Brand say.

I'm tired of being single though...

Well be tired some more. Endure some more (**** I know that is easier said than done and it will take so much heartbreak before it happens) but be tired some more until you find the someone. Imo bad relationships come from peopel feeling that they need someone too much, and not from feeling self-sufficient. Then if/when the relationship starts to break, everything starts to break if you see what I mean. If you honestly go out there feeling this self-hating then you will not find someone who respects you will find someone who wants to take advantage of your vulnerability, sad to say. So turn that frown upside down and wipe those tears away :smile:. I can tell how emotionally invested you were in this guy from the way you cried buckets (don't worry been there) but you have to cry a lot of tears before a smile becomes more easy than a tear :smile:. It's good to cry out all the loneliness and all the neediness and all the feeling bad about the past sometimes but when youre cried out you need to know you're cried out. At this point I'd like to interjet "If the eye had no tear the soul would have no rainbow" :P :smile: haha cheesy I know but true in my opinion.

I feel so stupid for ever liking him and am literally just crying my eyes out for being so stupid yet AGAIN :s-smilie: I don't think (depending on a project at work) I ever have to see or talk to him again if I don't want to, but we are both Londoners so I might run into him without expecting it. We have completely different hangouts though fortunately.

Oh who cares about him! He's just a person! Sometimes in life you just have to brave it and hold your head high and stride past like a pro and that's the best way to get anyone whose trying to bring you down down. If you hold yourself in high esteem then no one else can touch you. I know all this sounds very preachy and patronising but believe me when I say I have been there and learnt the hard way. Good luck to you, I hope to hear of your esteem rising up in gradual little bouts and if you want to chat you can pm me anytime :wink:.
Can't hurt to try :tongue:. The "nerdy/feminine" guys I tend to go for often seem to go for the hipster/"quirkily beautiful" feminist girls lol - those who are really unconventional with their appearance and like indie bands and stuff. I'm a bit too "conventional" sometimes (long hair, dress in a certain way, conformist to some extent, love sports, feminine myself) which masculine guys seem to dig a lot more than girly guys. Sometimes feminine guys seem to hate me just for being me :s-smilie:

Sorry to hear that, bro :frown: :hugs:

Talking of selfishness, is there any way to spot in advance if a guy is going to be awful about my past before telling him? (Besides him just generally being a dick lel).

rofl. I srsly find those guys so pathetic going for feminist girls. It's like the male equivalent of a girl going after men that treat them like ****.

Tbh you sound like the opposite to the nerd stereotype :biggrin: They probably hate you because they're prejudiced against people who like sports and anything they deem mainstream lel. People who actually actively try to fit into these nerd/hipster stereotypes and look down on others are so retarded lmao.

I have no idea really because I don't date guys haha. I could tell you if you were a guy asking for warning signs with girls. I suppose if they're shallow, arrogant, judgemental, have no depth of character, those are pretty good indicators.

I really hope so :s-smilie: I was unusually happy/bubbly when talking to him last time though (not intentionally flirty, but you know how one gets sometimes) and I think he picked up on it because he suddenly got cold during a perfectly normal conversation. He is unfortunately very judgmental - he does stuff like Tweet awful stuff about people he sees on the Tube and call them stupid or something (Yeah, I know...)

I actually think I will (money talks haha.) How do you reckon I should act towards him, though? Looking back and feeling calmer now, he's definitely a dick a lot of the time (to me and people in general); I wouldn't have been half as nice to him as I have if I didn't fancy him. Should I just be stone cold and really blunt? Lol.

Just act normally and stop caring. Doesn't matter what he thinks. He's 5'3" lel.
Original post by Temporality
Aww hi there, I can relate to a lot of what you've said :3.

Hey! First up, thank you so much for writing all of this out - it was really helpful, thanks :smile: :hugs: That is genuinely the best post I've ever read on this site xx

For one thing, you sound like you're being so hard on yourself. Stop that! If you be hard on yourself about everything, you will really be miserable for a long time. I used to do this too, I know what a tempting habit it is to slip into but gradually bit by bit you need to stop being so self critical and gradually you will build up your esteem until you're bulletproof :smile: (or almost bulletproof :P)

I'm trying to, and I've already come a long way, everything is just pretty hard right now :s-smilie: (My manager at work is pushing us quite a lot, too). I'm starting a journal which will hopefully help.

e.g. saying stuff like "I'm so embarrassed too, I'm mad at myself for falling for him too quickly", "I hate myself for doing so"... if you keep on saying these things to yourself then you'll never open yourself up to happiness, as hippy-like and soppy as that sounds, it is actually true.

I'm typing all that stuff out because I'm kind of wallowing right now, I hate crying for ages like this... But, yeah, I understand that I need to stop sooner or later :redface:

Life has taught me that you need to be absoloutely relentless (and don't worry I can totally relate to your situation of family problems consuming you and loneliness and whatever else) in giving yourself another chance and try reasoning with yourself. They do say that the best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others, and thats true in a way becase if you really help others you will become so skilful at it that eventually you will say 'hey why I am being lovely to all these people but not lovely to me'. Additionally having these thoughts will just inhibit you in life full stop. They will prevent you from making the changes in your life and in your surroundings that you want - you sound like a good person and I'm sure you want to help others or at least make positive changes in your immediate environemtn, but if you keep on with this tirade of self-abuse you will literally not reach those goals as harsh as it sounds.

Sorry to hear about your family problems and loneliness :frown: :hugs: That's so true about being relentless, yeah :yep:

I don't know if "helping others" would help much in my current situation, though. I'm a bit too nice to others sometimes, and even my closest friends tell me that I should be more selfish/focus on myself more at times. I have great social skills, but sometimes give too much of myself to others.

I quite honestly doubt this is the case. Maybe he just realised that there was a bit of a dynamic going on between you and that's why he went cold because he wanted to be faithful to his girlfriend. I mean, it's a positive thing because it shows that a lot of guys out there do have self-restraint and will close down such situations :smile:. I mean come on, if someone was attracted to you, would you look down on them?! You would probably just be flattered and decline the attention, like he did. Admittedly you may not have become totally cold but what other way is there to send the message to someone that youre taken and you aren't interested?!
Plus, I mean you havent been a total stalker and sent him love letters or anything. Why does he have any reason to look down on you? I'm fairly certain he too as liked someone unrequitedly before, and remember that. It's easy to feel like we re the only one who has ever been stupid enough to like someone we shouldn't but when it comes down to it everyone has crushed on someone who wasn't feeling it, and for quite a few people they have not just crushed on them but had their hearts broken/ripped out. So don't be going on this "omg he must think I'm soooo weird, I'm like an alien for liking someone who I didn't know had a girlfriend, like how could I ever possibly like someone who I thought was available? I'm such a freak" line :P sorry for the exagerration but you know it's silly. Of course I've been there and it's tough but you know that it doesn't make sense!

And for gooness sake girlfriend, stop feeling embarassed and hating yourself I mean come on life is toooo short for any of that! You can't get into that spiral of thoughts! You've had enough to deal with with family stuff so be kind to yourself! You are young and you can't get these moments back! :smile:

Life's too short, very true :biggrin: TBH, though, he is a "judgy" person generally (he Tweets about people doing stuff like eating on the Tube if he disapproves of them or considers them "stupid" or "irrational"), so he might very well be judging me if he figured out I fancied him. But I'm starting to care less and less about his opinion of me, thanks :tongue:

Yeah you might meet someone thats right for you, but you might not. That's the way I think about it. I'm single too at the moment and am sick of being mistreated by guys and never having the serious genuine boyfriend that seems to come to other girls so easily, but is it really the most important thing for you right now? For me, the way I overcome the oh too tempting thought of "I REALLY WISH THERE WAS SOMEONE WHO JUST COMPLETED ME" is too complete myself. i mean what do you stand for? What do you want to fight for? I'm sure there are some things that matter to you. There are a lot of people out there in the world who don't give a damn, but I'm sure they're not truly happy and even if they are they are not trully fulfilled or useful to humanity. All the goodness in the world is dependent on people that actually do want to be a good source of kindness and compassion and helpfulness to others and fight against things that are wrong and for things that are right - in absoloutely whatever way you want to do that. There are literally a million ways. It could just be a chat with someone old and ignored, it could be by being an inspirational teacher, or by being a scientist. And all that makes you feel good about yourself, whilst doing good for the world in turn. It is a win-win situation. If you emanate kindness and be a positive change in other people''s lifes then those things will come to you. There are those that don't believe this but if you don't believe in happiness for everyone, and you don't believe that you can be happy, then how will you ever be happy?

Great point, especially the part in bold :smile: Yeah, I'm definitely passionate about my career right now, it's just proving a lot of hard work at the outset. I am trying to make something of my values, though :lol:

That's great, embrace those things and forget the 'i hate myself'. What reason do you really have to hate yourself? You are just human. Be led by your talents and not your self-loathing as Russell Brand say.

I will, thank you :smile:

Well be tired some more. Endure some more (**** I know that is easier said than done and it will take so much heartbreak before it happens) but be tired some more until you find the someone. Imo bad relationships come from peopel feeling that they need someone too much, and not from feeling self-sufficient. Then if/when the relationship starts to break, everything starts to break if you see what I mean. If you honestly go out there feeling this self-hating then you will not find someone who respects you will find someone who wants to take advantage of your vulnerability, sad to say. So turn that frown upside down and wipe those tears away :smile:. I can tell how emotionally invested you were in this guy from the way you cried buckets (don't worry been there) but you have to cry a lot of tears before a smile becomes more easy than a tear :smile:. It's good to cry out all the loneliness and all the neediness and all the feeling bad about the past sometimes but when youre cried out you need to know you're cried out. At this point I'd like to interjet "If the eye had no tear the soul would have no rainbow" :P :smile: haha cheesy I know but true in my opinion.

Yep, I guess if we're happy while single then that's the only way to find a meaninful relationship too :smile:

I am just tired of being sad though, I don't ever see any positives in it :s-smilie:

Oh who cares about him! He's just a person! Sometimes in life you just have to brave it and hold your head high and stride past like a pro and that's the best way to get anyone whose trying to bring you down down. If you hold yourself in high esteem then no one else can touch you. I know all this sounds very preachy and patronising but believe me when I say I have been there and learnt the hard way. Good luck to you, I hope to hear of your esteem rising up in gradual little bouts and if you want to chat you can pm me anytime :wink:.

Haha, very true :lol: Yeah, it's what one thinks of oneself that counts I guess!

I certainly will if that's OK :smile:. Thank you so much again, I don't know if I can type out how helpful this post has been but it definitely cheered me up x
Things can change.. they could break up and you could get a chance. Stay positive :smile: i know it's hard though.
x.

I agree with the karma-esque things you said about doing good and having good come to you

There is advice like this everywhere thats slightly different but all essentially the same thing. Like becoming a 10/10 to attract a 10/10.

I disagree with crying for the sake of it though. That would just make me feel like **** like 'wtf just happened? why did I do that? How am I so pathetic to even reach that point?' Jussayin lol
rofl. I srsly find those guys so pathetic going for feminist girls. It's like the male equivalent of a girl going after men that treat them like ****.

Tbh you sound like the opposite to the nerd stereotype :biggrin: They probably hate you because they're prejudiced against people who like sports and anything they deem mainstream lel. People who actually actively try to fit into these nerd/hipster stereotypes and look down on others are so retarded lmao.

Yeah, in my first year at uni I found this hipster medical student quite attractive, but a mutual friend told me he had called me a "bimbo" because I was on the cheerleading team and "annoyingly bubbly" :nope:

I seriously think I will just stick to sporty guys (and not ones like this guy who just do loads of cycling/running and are the left-wing hipster sort) from now on. Much less hassle too lel, feminine guys often tend to expect the girl to chase them and stuff.

I have no idea really because I don't date guys haha. I could tell you if you were a guy asking for warning signs with girls. I suppose if they're shallow, arrogant, judgemental, have no depth of character, those are pretty good indicators.

Just act normally and stop caring. Doesn't matter what he thinks. He's 5'3" lel.

Literally dying laughing here right now :rofl: Thanks, will keep that in mind the next time he sees me and is in his usual Napoleonic cold snarky mood lmfao. Manlets when will they learn.
I agree with the karma-esque things you said about doing good and having good come to you

There is advice like this everywhere thats slightly different but all essentially the same thing. Like becoming a 10/10 to attract a 10/10.

I disagree with crying for the sake of it though. That would just make me feel like **** like 'wtf just happened? why did I do that? How am I so pathetic to even reach that point?' Jussayin lol

Don't know I think it's good to clear the system. Maybe you do it when you're watching sad movies and you just haven't realised it yet :wink:
Yeah, in my first year at uni I found this hipster medical student quite attractive, but a mutual friend told me he had called me a "bimbo" because I was on the cheerleading team and "annoyingly bubbly" :nope:

I seriously think I will just stick to sporty guys (and not ones like this guy who just do loads of cycling/running and are the left-wing hipster sort) from now on. Much less hassle too lel, feminine guys often tend to expect the girl to chase them and stuff.

welllllll. mi thinks you're judging by stereotypes too much though? Like you think people who look a certain way act a certain way? lol. You can just see if they're a dick by seeing if they have bigoted views or judge people harshly without knowing much about them.

Lol @ calling you a bimbo for being talkative and liking cheer leading though. Thats such an insecure arrogant ignorant nerd thing to say.

Literally dying laughing here right now :rofl: Thanks, will keep that in mind the next time he sees me and is in his usual Napoleonic cold snarky mood lmfao. Manlets when will they learn.

Manlets :rolleyes:when will they learn

Spoiler

Don't know I think it's good to clear the system. Maybe you do it when you're watching sad movies and you just haven't realised it yet :wink:

I generally don't watch sad things because they make me feel bad lol. I do other things.

I generally don't watch sad things because they make me feel bad lol. I do other things.

Heh what about all those times you got emotional on movies as an adult looool. that was what I was referring to.

My crying yourself out theory still stands, whatever :P
welllllll. mi thinks you're judging by stereotypes too much though? Like you think people who look a certain way act a certain way? lol. You can just see if they're a dick by seeing if they have bigoted views or judge people harshly without knowing much about them.

Lol @ calling you a bimbo for being talkative and liking cheer leading though. Thats such an insecure arrogant ignorant nerd thing to say.

Manlets :rolleyes:when will they learn

Spoiler

I don't really go by appearances so much (I've known 6" built nerdy hipsters and small footballer masculine guys, lol), but I think there's some truth to the stereotypes. I do think that maybe going for "feminine" guys personality wise (which reflects in their dress sense sometimes) might be a mistake :redface:

Lmfao @ at the song. Such a tune tho, will be downloading off iTunes :biggrin:
Heh what about all those times you got emotional on movies as an adult looool. that was what I was referring to.

My crying yourself out theory still stands, whatever :P

ye I know they just put me in a sad mood after watching them. So doesn't work lel. I think that only works for women because they're just weird and cry anyway when they're on their time of the month lmfao.
You are vezzy welcome mah dahling. :wink:

I'm starting a journal which will hopefully help.

Journals help, a lot. :smile:

I'm typing all that stuff out because I'm kind of wallowing right now, I hate crying for ages like this... But, yeah, I understand that I need to stop sooner or later :redface:

Yeah don't worry I always type for ages if I'm angry about something hahaha :P or if I feel passionate about it.

Sorry to hear about your family problems and loneliness :frown: :hugs: That's so true about being relentless, yeah :yep:

And I'm sorry to hear about yours :hugs:

I don't know if "helping others" would help much in my current situation, though. I'm a bit too nice to others sometimes, and even my closest friends tell me that I should be more selfish/focus on myself more at times. I have great social skills, but sometimes give too much of myself to others.

Indeed and yes, you sound exactly like me! And when I give too much of myself to others and they betray me I feel very hurt because, well, I'm told I'm very sensitive. You're right, I guess it's about making your life about you, first of all, and gradually incorporating helping others (or just not harming others really and being a nice presence really) into that regime, as and when you feel ready, rather than going all out and giving your entire self to people while you are yourself a bit of a broken mess. That can never be good. You sound like a person with a lovely presence anyway and like youve done enough good for now :P, so yes, it's good to take time and focus on you :biggrin:. Absoloutley. Do it. Be a little selfish :wink:

Life's too short, very true :biggrin: TBH, though, he is a "judgy" person generally (he Tweets about people doing stuff like eating on the Tube if he disapproves of them or considers them "stupid" or "irrational"), so he might very well be judging me if he figured out I fancied him. But I'm starting to care less and less about his opinion of me, thanks :tongue:

Meh if he's one of those judgey judgey people who makes judgey judgey comments on twitter, his opinion probably isn't worth worrying about! I mean eating on the tube, what!? Lol. That whole craze of photographying women eating on the tube was bloody weird. I wouldn't attach too much significance to his opinions is all I'm saing

Great point, especially the part in bold :smile: Yeah, I'm definitely passionate about my career right now, it's just proving a lot of hard work at the outset. I am trying to make something of my values, though :lol:

Well, sounds like you have a very sound basis for developing your values from what you've said of yoruself already. And we're always developing them all the time, we're never quite there :smile:.

Yep, I guess if we're happy while single then that's the only way to find a meaninful relationship too :smile:

Definitely. Unhealthy relationships can develop when we're at our most vulnerable so best to keep it when we're feeling a bit better :smile:.

I am just tired of being sad though, I don't ever see any positives in it :s-smilie:

hahahhaha. Me neither, at the time. But afterwards you get a little time to reflect and you realise how silly you were being and I guess that can help you be less silly in future.

Haha, very true :lol: Yeah, it's what one thinks of oneself that counts I guess!

Yep, keep calm and stride past like a pro!

I certainly will if that's OK :smile:.

Cool.

Thank you so much again

You are very welcome once again!
ye I know they just put me in a sad mood after watching them. So doesn't work lel. I think that only works for women because they're just weird and cry anyway when they're on their time of the month lmfao.

Yeah well, you try having blood oozing out of your penis and we'll see if you cry.
I don't really go by appearances so much (I've known 6" built nerdy hipsters and small footballer masculine guys, lol), but I think there's some truth to the stereotypes. I do think that maybe going for "feminine" guys personality wise (which reflects in their dress sense sometimes) might be a mistake :redface:

Lmfao @ at the song. Such a tune tho, will be downloading off iTunes :biggrin:

I guess if they very strictly conform to a stereotype (a lot of the time on purpose) then theres some truth to it. People just like copying each other for some reason lol.

ye it's such a good song lmao. Found it on a misc manlet thread :laugh:

Btw you can pm me if you need to bitch about random crap lmfao. Seeing as you said you have no friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending