The Student Room Group

Natural Sciences 2015 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BP_Tranquility
I see what you mean, as most natural sciences courses aren't accredited by RSC- have you looked into chemical physics though? Also, the Physics and Chemistry Natural Sciences course at Durham is accredited by both the RSC and IOP so I would've thought that that would be quite rigorous :cool:

Are you self teaching any modules over the summer?

I have, but it still isn't right... I'll have to see...

Probably will just do all of A2 chem and physics over a few days
Bump!

Get filling in!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2768962

Use that, to get to the correct place. It's like an ultimate stalking page for all uni courses and such :biggrin:

Can meet people before university even starts, make friends and such, all tailored to you!
Reply 22
Hi everybody!

I'll be applying at Cambridge, Durham, UCL and possibly Exeter for Natsci and then Imperial for physics or possibly Edinburgh for Chem w. Physics.
Also at ETH Zurich for interdisciplinary sciences and TU Munich for Physics (german speaking).

I have a week of lectures, projects and discussions ahead at CERN which I am very excited about, else I feel like I haven't done enough looking at what you guys have achieved already. Seems daunting :frown:
Hey I'm applying to physics through Natsci wondering what everyone got in there as ums I got 92.67% which is a bit below average for NatSci I think? also would I get a chemistry interview as well as a physics interview if I direct my personal statement towards physics?
Have any of done any form of preparation for the interviews- if so, what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Qwerty529
Hey I'm applying to physics through Natsci wondering what everyone got in there as ums I got 92.67% which is a bit below average for NatSci I think? also would I get a chemistry interview as well as a physics interview if I direct my personal statement towards physics?

Mine is lower than yours and I'm still applying :tongue: 89% or sthing.
Reply 26
Looking to apply for NatSci this year too but I'm finding it really hard to write a personal statement it just doesn't flow!!!!!
Original post by Mai.H
Looking to apply for NatSci this year too but I'm finding it really hard to write a personal statement it just doesn't flow!!!!!

I found that too :frown: Had to rewrite like 5 times haha. You'll get there :smile:
Where are you applying to?
What UMS averages did you all get out of interest (only asking since university connect doesn't seem to be too detailed :tongue:) :

I got 94.8% across physics/chemistry/maths/further maths

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by cerlohee
I found that too :frown: Had to rewrite like 5 times haha. You'll get there :smile:
Where are you applying to?

Well to be honest i think i might just apply for maths now......i can't write a personal statement for natsci!
I was going to apply to nottingham, exeter, chester and ucl for natsci and keele for phys and chem, wbyou?
Original post by Mai.H
Well to be honest i think i might just apply for maths now......i can't write a personal statement for natsci!
I was going to apply to nottingham, exeter, chester and ucl for natsci and keele for phys and chem, wbyou?

Oh :frown: That's a shame. Do you have a personal statement helper at school? I would offer help but I doubt you'd want to take it haha.
I'm applying to Cambridge (queens'), Exeter, Durham (university), Bath and Leeds. Will probs end up taking a gap year though haha.
Did you go to an exeter open day? I really want to know more about their natsci course!!!
Reply 31
Oh :frown: That's a shame. Do you have a personal statement helper at school? I would offer help but I doubt you'd want to take it haha.
I'm applying to Cambridge (queens'), Exeter, Durham (university), Bath and Leeds. Will probs end up taking a gap year though haha.
Did you go to an exeter open day? I really want to know more about their natsci course!!!

Their NatSci course is amazing but second to Cambridge of course! I loved the campus and just everything about it i would definitely encourage you to apply there!
Wow you're literally living my year 12 dream i really wanted to apply to cam and durham! :frown::frown::frown:
But I'm really happy for you!!!!:smile: I hope you get in!
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Thread for those applying for Biological/Physical NatSci for 2015 Entry.

Discuss any books you've read, or online courses, progress you've made with PS, work experience etc.

Good luck!

I myself am applying for just NatSci at Cambridge. The rest of my choices are Chemistry but others might just be applying for NatSci everywhere.

L'Evil Fish - what Connect page category are you using for this course? :h:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
L'Evil Fish - what Connect page category are you using for this course? :h:

Chemistry and then NatSci in the course name
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Chemistry and then NatSci in the course name

Ah cheers, I think I might put a link to the connect page in you OP if that's okay. :biggrin:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Ah cheers, I think I might put a link to the connect page in you OP if that's okay. :biggrin:

That's fine
I applied to natsci at Durham and Exeter but different courses at Exeter (again), Bristol & Oxford ... cos yolo I didn't get above 90% UMS in all of them.... I don't think it's as big of a deal for Oxford as it is for Cambridge? I have 3 offers so far so I doubt it's a deal breaker for most unis :smile: I'm worried about Durham though cos I really like it but being risky and applied deferred :eek:
Hello I've applied to Nottingham, Durham, Birmingham, Bath for NatSci and Surrey for Chemistry and was just wondering do I need to read science books and journals because I do not have easy access to any and I read that many of you guys do read some. Do I need to read up before entering uni?
Original post by Cheesypotato
Hello I've applied to Nottingham, Durham, Birmingham, Bath for NatSci and Surrey for Chemistry and was just wondering do I need to read science books and journals because I do not have easy access to any and I read that many of you guys do read some. Do I need to read up before entering uni?

No- they're just gonna build up on a level/equivalent stuff, because it's a level ground for everyone.
I think people j read out of interest, or for their statement!!
Have you heard back from anywhere yet? And where's your top choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
No- they're just gonna build up on a level/equivalent stuff, because it's a level ground for everyone.
I think people j read out of interest, or for their statement!!
Have you heard back from anywhere yet? And where's your top choice? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh that's good to hear!! I only got a reply from Nottingham, a conditional offer A*AA. The rest I'm still waiting on. It's so exciting yet scary waiting for a reply. I think Bath cause they have a year in industry but I'm still not sure!

What courses have you applied to? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending