The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yh man how's futher math sounds like u smashed math. But I guess u probs got it harder than me. Best of luck 👍
Original post by Hecate99
Yh man how's futher math sounds like u smashed math. But I guess u probs got it harder than me. Best of luck ������

I did my maths early last year as well and am doing further this year :smile: got the A* last year, hoping for at least a B this year....apparently a lot of people get Cs/Ds
Original post by vd12345
Ohh that's also dutch ^_^ thought u could help me learn :frown:(

The extent of my german : Gut, danke. Ein minuten (???). Schnell (I say this all the time...). Ich bin gut. Aufwiedersehn. Ja - and that is probably not even correct :tongue:

I take french for iGCSE which is... interesting I guess? My teacher has a very... let's say relaxing voice. :rolleyes:
Original post by Its_Tito
I did my maths early last year as well and am doing further this year :smile: got the A* last year, hoping for at least a B this year....apparently a lot of people get Cs/Ds

I'm doing further maths alongside normal and I'm getting A*/A in normals and getting B/C in further... I'm finding it quite hard tbh...
Original post by Hecate99
X

I'm deffo gonna do both additional and further :wink: I'll probably do IGCSE in jan as preparation too tbh ^_^ just so I'm well prepared for maths exams in general, before I have to revise for all the other subjects. And plus I'll have learnt the same + harder for further/additional so I won't have to do any extra work, just turn up lol

My maths teacher says someone my ability should be getting A* for further, so I'm aiming for that lol..she also said she wants me enter me and 3-4 other boys for additional too.. (Yes I go to a **** school) My school sends me on maths competitions and the Royal institution of GB invites me to a lot of free maths summer/holiday activities so I'm decent at maths I guess ^_^
Original post by Trihawk7
I'm doing further maths alongside normal and I'm getting A*/A in normals and getting B/C in further... I'm finding it quite hard tbh...

I was getting straight A's in year 9 mocks and almost straight A*'s in year 10 (got a B in one mock, one off situation), and got A* in the real thing, so I'll see how further compares this year :wink:

I found maths pretty easy I guess, not wanting to be cocky, but further just seems so difficult? Maybe I'm just not settled yet but yeah
Original post by vd12345
My maths teacher says someone my ability should be getting A* for further, so I'm aiming for that lol..she also said she wants me enter me and 3-4 other boys for additional too.. (Yes I go to a **** school) My school sends me on maths competitions and the Royal institution of GB invites me to a lot of free maths summer/holiday activities so I'm decent at maths I guess ^_^

'Decent'! You're amazing! Good on ya, you should the the add maths if you can handle it all :smile: well done for all of those opportunities :smile:
Original post by turn-to-page394
The extent of my german : Gut, danke. Ein minuten (???). Schnell (I say this all the time...). Ich bin gut. Aufwiedersehn. Ja - and that is probably not even correct :tongue:

I take french for iGCSE which is... interesting I guess? My teacher has a very... let's say relaxing voice. :rolleyes:

Schnell is my favorite german word! Along with 'Kopfkissen' (head kiss)- Pillow, and Regenschirm (rain shield)- umbrella :biggrin: Love this language!:colondollar:
'Decent'! You're amazing! Good on ya, you should the the add maths if you can handle it all :smile: well done for all of those opportunities :smile:

Thanks :smile: I've been stupid tbh, didn't make the most of my opportunities regarding maths;( I still get letters and emails now, but never go. Additional and further will be tough I think. I never did homework throughout year 10, and just copied friends, so my attitude obviously has to change if I want to do well this year and for A level maths too ^_^ I feel bad sometimes.. Because my friends try much harder than me and pay attention every lesson but manage to get lower grades. My end of year report for maths said 'he has his own approach to things' followed by 'He will be studying Additional and further maths next year' so I guess my teacher didn't like the fact I never listened to her but knew I'd do well anyways :wink: Sorry for going on a rant here and good luck to you too
Original post by vd12345
Thanks :smile: I've been stupid tbh, didn't make the most of my opportunities regarding maths;( I still get letters and emails now, but never go. Additional and further will be tough I think. I never did homework throughout year 10, and just copied friends, so my attitude obviously has to change if I want to do well this year and for A level maths too ^_^ I feel bad sometimes.. Because my friends try much harder than me and pay attention every lesson but manage to get lower grades. My end of year report for maths said 'he has his own approach to things' followed by 'He will be studying Additional and further maths next year' so I guess my teacher didn't like the fact I never listened to her but knew I'd do well anyways :wink: Sorry for going on a rant here and good luck to you too

Yeah I know what you mean....I'm actually helping a few of my friends with tutoring and stuff this year because it all comes so easy to me >.< yeah I know what you mean, I'm the girl all the teachers love and hate because I don't listen much but get the work done in the end :') haha no problem :smile:
Yeah I know what you mean....I'm actually helping a few of my friends with tutoring and stuff this year because it all comes so easy to me >.< yeah I know what you mean, I'm the girl all the teachers love and hate because I don't listen much but get the work done in the end :') haha no problem :smile:

I'm gonna start helping several friends too :wink: A lot of teachers think I'm stupid because I never listen to them, and they get surprised by my grades ^_^
Original post by vd12345
I'm gonna start helping several friends too :wink: A lot of teachers think I'm stupid because I never listen to them, and they get surprised by my grades ^_^

Caring is sharing :wink: haha same, they think I'm going to fail and then when they see my work I can tell they're miffed I've done so well :')
Caring is sharing :wink: haha same, they think I'm going to fail and then when they see my work I can tell they're miffed I've done so well :')

Why don't you tutor me ;o me so dumb ;(
Original post by turn-to-page394

I'm terrible at French xd and languages in general.
Original post by vd12345
Individual and form Photos ^_^ missed two periods.. :wink:) Man had that fresh trim

Photos! Got to love 'em ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found maths pretty easy I guess, not wanting to be cocky, but further just seems so difficult? Maybe I'm just not settled yet but yeah

Yeah normals, I really have no problem with, it's pretty easy imo, not being cocky. Further last year was quite easy to me though I didn't revise for it that well or at all much, this year I'm doing mechanics and statistics and I'm finding it a little harder than the first part though I actually plan to give my 100% into it this year and maybe I'll come out with an A :smile:
Yeah normals, I really have no problem with, it's pretty easy imo, not being cocky. Further last year was quite easy to me though I didn't revise for it that well or at all much, this year I'm doing mechanics and statistics and I'm finding it a little harder than the first part though I actually plan to give my 100% into it this year and maybe I'll come out with an A :smile:

I'd honestly be upset with an A in further tbh.. Might even cry
Original post by SampleX
Photos! Got to love 'em ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd lol so hard if we gotta redo the photos cos me and several others were doing 1arda

Latest