The Student Room Group

GF sent me this .... should I be worried?

"I can't shake the feeling that something is really wrong. I might just be really paranoid because of my hormones but it hasn't just been today. You feel kind of distant lately you look bummy on Skype and you kind of half reply to some of my messages. I don't know what it is whether I've said or done something or its something else but the past week I've been feeling like there's something on your mind that you're not telling me. Honestly I dont care how much its going to hurt me if you tell me I'd rather know than having to sit around waiting for exciting messages or an actual answer to my question. And I'm not talking about you cheating I know you would never do that"

It's kind of frustrating that she feels I've got something on my mind that I'm hiding, when I most definitely am not.

Need some advice on how I can make her feel less ... insecure.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell her how you feel, if she thinks you're not replying to her or wanting to talk to her she'll be like that, just tell her that you do care and try to make more of an effort to reply to things with her? You might think you're doing that but just try to reply quickly and properly so she knows you care, and hopefully she'll feel a bit more secure :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply...

"BITCH U GUESSED IT!

You was right."
Reply 3
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Reply...

"BITCH U GUESSED IT!

You was right."

Jog on
Reply...

"BITCH U GUESSED IT!

You was right."

Too far. :facepalm2:
Reply 5
Original post by AlphaNick
as jesse said

"just pah pah pah"

huh?
Original post by Anonymous
Jog on

I got rep so I can leave now :smile:
Reply 7
Be afraid.
Reply 8
do you own a revolver?

I'm not going to shoot my GF if that's what you mean .... And **** revolvers, they're to beta
Reply 9
I got rep so I can leave now :smile:

Oh I see, you're a rep whore .... nice :rolleyes:
revolvers make bigger holes

Shotguns > Revolvers ...
Oh I see, you're a rep whore .... nice :rolleyes:

Yeah. :smile:
so you're gonna do it with a shotgun instead? waste of money tbh

I might need some practise though ... any chance I could get your dog ... mum ... dad? ... by any chance.
i dont have a dog or a mum or a dad, sorry

Oh yeah I forgot ... "Alphas" are too good for that ****. A whore then maybe?
Brace yourself, I see a textbook break up here.
Talk to her and reassure her as much as you can. Find out what it was that made her feel insecure, maybe you were being quiet over something unrelated and its a misunderstanding? Then you can explain and she'll understand.
It sounds like to her she feels like you're putting less effort into your conversations with her lately and she is assuming that it's because something is wrong. Take a look back over your conversations (if you have them on log) and see if you can recognise any changes in your behaviour and speech yourself, and if you have figure out why that is.

In the mean time just apologise and say you didn't mean to be distant and that nothing is wrong you just didn't realise.
Tell her you're not hiding anything, you didn't thenk you'd been any different. Does she think you're not paying enough attention to her? Does she want to chat?
You might have just been distracted and need to make a bit of time for her again. Or there might be something wrong with her and she either doesn't realise and thinks it's you, or is maybe somehow trying to prompt you to ask her if she's OK (don't do this straight away though!)
If you have no idea what you could have been doing differently, just try being a bit more talkative or whatever the next time you chat, or try to text her before she does you. If she responds positively, maybe you were letting it slip without realising. Or maybe she was seeing problems where there were none.
Reply 18
I sent something like this to my ex the day before I broke up with him. He didn't actually do anything wrong, but he just seemed... distant like he didn't care whether we were together or not. I don't like being ignored and I didn't like feeling like other things were important than me.

Just reassure her that your feelings haven't changed and you still love/like her. Tell her why you've been distant, and tell her you'll try to make more of an effort. Make more time for her and surprise her with messages throughout the day instead of waiting for her to text first. Little things like that will make a difference.
"I can't shake the feeling that something is really wrong. I might just be really paranoid because of my hormones but it hasn't just been today. You feel kind of distant lately you look bummy on Skype and you kind of half reply to some of my messages. I don't know what it is whether I've said or done something or its something else but the past week I've been feeling like there's something on your mind that you're not telling me. Honestly I dont care how much its going to hurt me if you tell me I'd rather know than having to sit around waiting for exciting messages or an actual answer to my question. And I'm not talking about you cheating I know you would never do that"

It's kind of frustrating that she feels I've got something on my mind that I'm hiding, when I most definitely am not.

Need some advice on how I can make her feel less ... insecure.

Just tell you were playing a computer game or something or doing work and were distracted. If she is really wrong and you didn't ignore her on purpose or subconsciously, this white lie is ok imo.

Though if you weren't distracted I would ask myself where she is coming from. My ex was the way she described and I think I knew before she did she would dump me. Some people are very good at reading signs and if you know someone really well you can tell if something is different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending