The Student Room Group

Why are students getting smaller?

So this question kept bothering me and ive been trying to get answers to it for a very long time. Basically since year 7 my year group hasn't really grown and were now in year 10, my year group are still the same height. I remember when I was in year 7 and the year 10's were so tall they actually looked like year 10 but as the years went by they started to get smaller (the next year group would get smaller). It's just really weird. If annyone could give a scientific explanation that would be fantastic. I personally think it's because kids don't let their kids go out anymore so it doesn't make them grow.
I've always wondered that too!

Waiting for explanation.
Reply 2
This might blow your mind, but they aren't. You are getting bigger.
Reply 3
Original post by AlphaNick
theres a myth that the 2009-2010 generation (in year 7 at the time) was given radioactive food jn the canteens which stiumlated growth

Wow...I wonder why they stopped.
I noticed this, too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TBH about a week ago I legit saw year 7 going to my old High school who was up to my waist (and he wasn't a dwarf/midget)

And I'm not even a big guy, I'm short.
Reply 6
Original post by Arkasia
This might blow your mind, but they aren't. You are getting bigger.

Are you sure...?
The year 10's from 2 years ago were alot taller than the current year 10...
Reply 7
All the students in your school are actually growing...

Scientifically, people stop getting taller at the age of 21 as thats when humans stop growing and have reached the end of adolescence.

You should have learnt this in school...
Reply 8
Original post by Zeetingman
Are you sure...?
The year 10's from 2 years ago were alot taller than the current year 10...

You might have perception bias, only remembering the ones who were particularly tall, or that year might just have been above average out of random chance.
Reply 9
Original post by Arkasia
You might have perception bias, only remembering the ones who were particularly tall, or that year might just have been above average out of random chance.

Yeah I guess you do have a point. The current year 11's in my school are the same height as before I don't notice any diffence except maybe they have a dash of hair on their chin.
I'm in year 10 and I have the height of a 5th grader.
Preposterous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending