The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
Does anyone else feel like their anxiety gets worse when they're tired? If I'm ever over worked, or just generally haven't had much sleep, my breathing is always a bit funny and my mood drops? Not sure if it's just a psychological thing that i've learnt to associate with anxiety or what :dontknow:

I find it goes hand in hand with tiredness/boredom. My mind needs stimulated and if it isn't it just makes me anxious to get some adrenaline I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
I find it goes hand in hand with tiredness/boredom. My mind needs stimulated and if it isn't it just makes me anxious to get some adrenaline I think.

Yeah i've found that to be the case as well! Tonight is particularly bad for it :redface: didn't know if it was all in my head (well, i guess it technically is anyway :lol:)
Original post by rmhumphries
Sorry to hear that :hugs:

:hugs: I really liked her :cry:

Original post by IDukem
From my point of view anyway (so it's not necessarily right), it seems like something isn't quite right in her life and caused her ending things abruptly that was seen. You deserve to know why she ended it though, cause from the way I see it, you did nothing wrong and adored her like no tomorrow.

If she doesn't give you an answer and/or is being mean about it, then she simply doesn't deserve you :smile:

I'm really sorry to hear this Odd Socks, I wish I could help in some way :frown: You're too amazing to feel like this :hugs:

Yeah, there's some complicated stuff going on in her life just now, I understand but I'm still really sad. She made me so happy :frown:

:hugs:

Original post by WelshBluebird
:smile:. So yeah, there are people out there who won't judge you :smile:.
I'm not too bad thanks. Still seem to be a bit down (because of the whole being single stuff too) but I'll be fine :smile:.

Awwwww :frown:
Anything you can distract yourself with for this week?

:hugs: Wolfie is up visiting me till Thursday so I have her to distract me which helps :frown:
Yeah i've found that to be the case as well! Tonight is particularly bad for it :redface: didn't know if it was all in my head (well, i guess it technically is anyway :lol:)

I just put some headphones on and message someone for a chat usually, distraction I guess :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just put some headphones on and message someone for a chat usually, distraction I guess :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

indeed, i know that ideally i need to sleep but i always seem to stay up, even though i know i shouldn't and it'll just get worse -.-
indeed, i know that ideally i need to sleep but i always seem to stay up, even though i know i shouldn't and it'll just get worse -.-

Depends, if you go to bed when you don't feel ready to sleep you'll just lie there dwelling all your attention on negative thoughts, and probably won't get to sleep anyway. Better to stay up and stay entertained until you're tired. Unless you're willing to put a lot of hard work into rejigging your sleeping pattern (which is super hard, I've tried!).

I've realised that just because you should sleep early and wake up early it doesn't mean it's practical or even possible for everyone, sometimes you just have to accept your body isn't capable of that. It's the same for a lot of things in life. Just because society expects it, it doesn't mean you're capable of it and often we just have to deal with that inequality.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends, if you go to bed when you don't feel ready to sleep you'll just lie there dwelling all your attention on negative thoughts, and probably won't get to sleep anyway. Better to stay up and stay entertained until you're tired. Unless you're willing to put a lot of hard work into rejigging your sleeping pattern (which is super hard, I've tried!).

I've realised that just because you should sleep early and wake up early it doesn't mean it's practical or even possible for everyone, sometimes you just have to accept your body isn't capable of that. It's the same for a lot of things in life. Just because society expects it, it doesn't mean you're capable of it and often we just have to deal with that inequality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I probably am ready to sleep, but I've got this bad pain in my left side from the bottom of my rib cage and into my neck, I'm really freaking out about it rn, so I don't think i'll be sleeping for a while :cry2:
I probably am ready to sleep, but I've got this bad pain in my left side from the bottom of my rib cage and into my neck, I'm really freaking out about it rn, so I don't think i'll be sleeping for a while :cry2:

Any idea what it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any idea what it is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

no, it randomly started hurting about twenty minutes ago...it's kinda a burning pain, not sure :/
Original post by Anonymous

:hugs: Wolfie is up visiting me till Thursday so I have her to distract me which helps :frown:

Auto-anon? :tongue:.
Awww at least you have that! Friends and distractions always help!
no, it randomly started hurting about twenty minutes ago...it's kinda a burning pain, not sure :/

Probably just stress, I get that sometimes, along with heart palpitations. I'd not worry, it's harmless :smile: if it bothers you regularly enough though SSRIs seemed to get rid of that for me, could be worth a look at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
had a nice evening :smile: went round to my mums for dinner, had a nice meal & she's getting her PIP (finally!) so she's gonna be okay now with money, she's offered to help me & my girlfriend out a bit as well which is fab of her!

my new mouse & keyboard arrived today as well, both much needed as my old keyboard is broken & my old mouse is wireless & keeps losing it's signal, new ones are both wired & have cool LED backlighting :gah:

edit: also been asked to help out with a Green Party stall at the Bath Uni freshers fair this Friday which'd be cool, be good to get out & help the party :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5092
Original post by Odd socks
I just got dumped :frown: crying. I fall way too hard for people way too easily :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: :jumphug:
Original post by IDukem

Yeyyyy for having a good day :party:

Also was it bath spa your at?? :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luno
:console: :jumphug:

Thanks lovely :frown: I feel so heartbroken which is silly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably just stress, I get that sometimes, along with heart palpitations. I'd not worry, it's harmless :smile: if it bothers you regularly enough though SSRIs seemed to get rid of that for me, could be worth a look at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah I get all sorts of symptoms. Hm, i still haven't really plucked up the courage to see the doctor yet :/
yeah I get all sorts of symptoms. Hm, i still haven't really plucked up the courage to see the doctor yet :/

Honestly they really don't ask much, I probably spent about five minutes talking about stress with the doctor and he said "want to try this?" and I said yes :lol: they're so used to prescribing them it's like not even an event to them now. Where I live 50% of the population are on anti depressants! It has to be less embarrassing than seeing a gynaecologist right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
so scared for tomorrow.
Original post by guitaristemily
so scared for tomorrow.

What happens tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What happens tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i have to burn some stuff for science, and that invloves being around fire, and im scared.

Latest