The Student Room Group

Is this personal-statement-able?

So I'm applying to NatSci at Durham with chemistry, earth sciences, geography and anthropology as my chosen subjects. I'm really into political and issue-based theatre, and I went to watch a show on globalisation last year, and have co-devised and performed several pieces of political/issue-based theatre with the youth theatre I'm a part of. Is this worth putting down on my UCAS?
Original post by Georgiecat
So I'm applying to NatSci at Durham with chemistry, earth sciences, geography and anthropology as my chosen subjects. I'm really into political and issue-based theatre, and I went to watch a show on globalisation last year, and have co-devised and performed several pieces of political/issue-based theatre with the youth theatre I'm a part of. Is this worth putting down on my UCAS?

If you think it's important to you sure, but you need to constrain it to a sentence or two at the maximum. As impressive as it is, the admissions tutors aren't going to be particularly interested in it. You can definitely include it (you're allowed to have about 25% of the PS focused on unrelated ECs and you should definitely explain what skills you have gained from it) but don't write too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending