The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lauraaaaa
I know what you mean! The only experiences I have with my GP wasn't very positive, and has put me off ever returning, but that doesn't mean that every one will be like that. If it's affecting your life a lot then definitely book an appointment, they can help :smile: pm me if you prefer to talk about it there :smile:

Thank you, I might just do that! Sorry to hear your GP wasn't very helpful. :frown: My friends want me to speak to someone and I'm panicking about it. So I'm just not sure what to do/say.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, I might just do that! Sorry to hear your GP wasn't very helpful. :frown: My friends want me to speak to someone and I'm panicking about it. So I'm just not sure what to do/say.

The school counselor was even worse :lol: it's put me off for life :/ I know that they won't all be like that though so you should definitely see someone :smile: I recommend writing down all symptoms, when/what situations these are in, any general stressful things in your life, how iys affecting day to day things, and how long it's been going on for. You can write all those things down and even hand it to the doctor if you don't feel able to speak much straight away :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hi to the newbies and hugs to anyone who needs them :grouphugs:

TLG Update: Back in London now. Got therapy at 10am (only JUST a time :colonhash: ) and then gotta go straight from there to uni. Dad is being massively overprotective and insists on coming with me to uni. It's sweet but I wanna be a tiny bit more independent and just go by myself, seeing as I'm well enough to.

Talked to my younger sister (who is an FY2 doctor down south) about the psychiatrist changing AGAIN and she said to write a complaint letter :colone:

Oh hunny bun :frown: :jumphug: :console:

Hope your therapy goes well! :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Scary and J-L P :h:

Does anybody in here have any experience with dissociation? I know I don't know anybody on here very well, but I just kind of need help with it I guess.

Don't worry if you're unable to or feel uncomfortable talking about it. I don't want to make anybody feel worse.

I haven't been diagnosed with it officially but almost certainly do experience it :colondollar: You can PM me if you like? :hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks Scary and J-L P :h:

I haven't been diagnosed with it officially but almost certainly do experience it :colondollar: You can PM me if you like? :hugs:

Thank you!
Original post by lauraaaaa
Good luck, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :tongue:

Thank you :hugs:

Original post by Nathanielle
I hardly ever make a list, so maybe it is worth a try. But sometimes I even forget totally about things, but my smartphone helps enormously.

I definitely try it.

And good luck with your job interview! I hope you get some really good sleep. At the end, it is not that bad, that you don't have that much time to think about that.

Thanks :smile: I use my phone for alarms, used to use it for organising, but i prefer to write on lots of sticky notes nowadays :d
Reply 5146
Original post by Odd socks
Thanks lovely :frown: I feel so heartbroken which is silly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not silly at all... connecting well with someone for the first time then it not working sounds tough :console:. You'll find someone though :hugs:.

Hopefully tomorrow (well, today) is a better day. Tell wolfie I said 'hola' :smile:.

Original post by Meaty_man
Got a job interview tomorrow, real nervous, just hope i can get some sleep because i'd hate to look worse than i do already :s-smilie:

Not been coping with stress very well at all...i just want a damn job already so i dont have as much time to think about myself. I also really need money :<

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Didn't sleep at all but had a shower and i feel awake now, so that should be good enough :tongue:

Got to the train station with plenty of time to spare, for a change :3
Original post by Meaty_man
Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: Didn't sleep at all but had a shower and i feel awake now, so that should be good enough :tongue:

Got to the train station with plenty of time to spare, for a change :3

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Thanks lovely :frown: I feel so heartbroken which is silly :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didn't say anything last night but :frown: :console: Not silly at all to feel bad about it! :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GP appointment just went and now feel terrible :frown:
I swear she seemed quite patronising about "what we talked about last time" "had you forgotten?"
And then went on about stuff (sort of) that I've sort of already thought about/beginning to organise myself
She thinks I'm just being lazy I think, and I guess that's true but it's just so annoying and :s-smilie: Like I *know* I'm supposed to be trying to keep a plan of days/keep busy, but it can be difficult to I swear.
I don't know what I expected really/didn't have much to ask but still :frown:
Also she said I just need to fill in DSA form and then give in to doctor's surgery or something? :dontknow: Maybe she just doesn't have anything to write for it.

Just want to walk for miles and miles now, go somewhere random and away.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
I swear she seemed quite patronising about "what we talked about last time" "had you forgotten?"
And then went on about stuff (sort of) that I've sort of already thought about/beginning to organise myself
She thinks I'm just being lazy I think, and I guess that's true but it's just so annoying and :s-smilie: Like I *know* I'm supposed to be trying to keep a plan of days/keep busy, but it can be difficult to I swear.
Also she said I just need to fill in DSA form and then give in to doctor's surgery or something? :dontknow: Maybe she just doesn't have anything to write for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: You're not being lazy! Keeping a plan of days is ridiculously difficult, even when I was still at school I could never manage it and kept driving my GP mad- it'd be much harder at uni/anywhere else :redface: At least she's told you to do DSA, that implies that she'll do whatever she needs to do for it too maybe? Not that I have any clue about how it works :colondollar: Maybe swim miles and miles instead? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just checking in to see how people are?

Hugs for people who need them :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
Just checking in to see how people are?

Hugs for people who need them :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This girl could sure do with a hug right now :hug:
This girl could sure do with a hug right now :hug:

:hugs: from here aswell! :smile:
Original post by WelshBluebird
:hugs: from here aswell! :smile:

It's okay, I had a **** response from a doctor too, but it doesn't mean they're all like that. Can you see someone else? Don't punish yourself/be upset with yourself, it's okay and it's something I would say most people here struggle with <3
Got my counselling appointment at 12 but I don't want to go. I don't want to do anything today. I've got work at 2 as well and I'll have to pretend to be happy :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody in here have any experience with dissociation? I know I don't know anybody on here very well, but I just kind of need help with it I guess.

Don't worry if you're unable to or feel uncomfortable talking about it. I don't want to make anybody feel worse.

You need to clear your inbox, my message won't send :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to hear it didn't go well :/ its tough when you wait a while/build it up in your head and then the doctor is annoying and unhelpful :/ might be worth changing doctors if you don't think shes being helpful. I still go in tears or having a really horrible time and they tell me to do something I'll 'enjoy' and structure my day. sigh. sorry im randomly rambling. take care of yourself, try not to let it get you down too much if you can :console:

Latest