The Student Room Group

Really need some advice: Full time care job offer... no further 2 months on?

Hi All

Basically in August I received a full time job offer with a care provider, which I was at the time thrilled about. However.... I have had my DBS (came back very quickly, all fine) My references; one was fine, the other my last employer (work experience within my college) they couldn't find someone to reference me due to staff cut backs in the team I worked in. I explained this to the prospective employer, who then got really iffy with me, and said: "I don't understand what you mean (I told her what the college advisor I spoke told me), I thought they were your last employer, perhaps you can explain this to me?

I have sent her emails, left her messages... nothing. I have offered her other references (including the tutor who presided over the work experience placements)... Nothing at all. This brings me to the health report, they asked me to undergo a health report with my GP, which is totally fine, as they wanted more details on my Asperger's Syndrome and Dyspraxia, I was very honest and upfront in the interview about my health conditions, and the interviewers were originally fine with it. I then find the company has done a complete 180, and feels that I may be a danger to service users due to the fact I may not pick up on the needs of my clients. (even with people actually willing to be witnesses to the contrary)

My GP in her report said I was honest, and 2 weeks ago sent back her report, and I got my copy. They have not had theirs, and I have been trying to chase that up, (I sent them a copy of mine, in scanning and via post, recorded delivery I might add... no reply)

I am really worried, as I have had no word about my "service users" my team leader... training even... it's been nearly 2 months, and due to financial family issues, I am still having to sign on. It's having a negative effect on me all round.... I am at the stage now where I really want to pursue other options (I have an interview for a Saturday job at my local library on Thursday and also an interview for an advanced Youth Worker apprenticeship on Tuesday next week) but as I signed a contract with this care provider (it's a conditional offer in very, very tiny print) and they did pay for my DBS/CRB, can I safely and legally pursue other options? Or do I wait for them to do what I know they have done to other people and in December have them drop me for "unsatisfactory references?"

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Samwin

You can safely and legally pursue other options. A contract of employment does not limit you from seeking other employment options.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending