The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who do you think will be the top 4 by the end of the season guys? For me its gotta be Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United
Reply 81

In the for the banter
no real football or even arsenal relevance..

But just checked my join date.. am about 5 weeks away from having been on this site for 7 years..

used to use it a lot for all sorts of discussion, but the football forum is the thing that keeps me coming back (even though I graduated a month ago)

Honestly, it has its problems, but being serrious, its a great little community here, and never fails to entertain me. There are many posters on here, who I have a decent amount of respect for, and many more who whilst I disagree with, or whilst they troll/wum just add the mix of gossip, jokes, chaos, panic, humour, and occasionally football talk, that make this little sub-forum great..

So cheers guys!
Reply 83
Original post by fallen_acorns

But just checked my join date.. am about 5 weeks away from having been on this site for 7 years..

used to use it a lot for all sorts of discussion, but the football forum is the thing that keeps me coming back (even though I graduated a month ago)

Honestly, it has its problems, but being serrious, its a great little community here, and never fails to entertain me. There are many posters on here, who I have a decent amount of respect for, and many more who whilst I disagree with, or whilst they troll/wum just add the mix of gossip, jokes, chaos, panic, humour, and occasionally football talk, that make this little sub-forum great..

So cheers guys!

This, but unlike fallen acorns I take after Silent Stan. Special shout out to the Nigerian lads!
Original post by PlancksConstant
Who do you think will be the top 4 by the end of the season guys? For me its gotta be Chelsea, City, Arsenal and United

United? Lol
Reply 85

Lol have you seen their fixture list and how far away they already are from top spot. I know you're saying top 4 but they haven't faced a team above 11th place the previous season. Liverpool have already played Spurs, City and have Everton to play(who they'll beat personally) so you'd expect them to take 4th.

Spurs are just terrible, don't consider them as a top 4 challenger.
Reply 86

So cheers guys!

I've been here for a few months and I share the same sentiments. :colonhash:

ok I've been here since I was in 6th form and I've finished university...
Wenger has said Diaby will play today, will be great to see him back even if only for 60mins
Original post by jam278
I've been here for a few months and I share the same sentiments. :colonhash:

ok I've been here since I was in 6th form and I've finished university...

I have used another username, been on here for a similar amount of time to acorns. Though generally only use football now, whilst i never did when i joined. in fact i never look elsewhere really, other than Music rarely.

depressing to think i was in school/college when i joined, and have now finished uni.
(edited 9 years ago)

But to answer your question I would say Chelsea City Arsenal in that order 4th I've got no clue on but Liverpool Everton possibly Tottenham or even Soton or Swansea if they can carry their form on
Been around for 6.5 years myself now, Christ.
Remember when you could neg someone and for some bizarre reason they removed that... :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
Remember when you could neg someone and for some bizarre reason they removed that... :lol:

neg rep will be sorely missed :frown:

though actually, I never really used it in the football section, as people here dont exactly hide their dissagrements or feelings :tongue:

I do kind of miss where you could leave a comment with a personal neg-rep though.. some of those were horrible :tongue:
Original post by leinad2012
Wenger has said Diaby will play today, will be great to see him back even if only for 60mins

You think he'll last 60 minutes without getting injured? :O

Original post by Gob Bluth
I have used another username, been on here for a similar amount of time to acorns. Though generally only use football now, whilst i never did when i joined. in fact i never look elsewhere really, other than Music rarely.

depressing to think i was in school/college when i joined, and have now finished uni.

Indeed :sad:

I'd have stopped posting here 3 years ago if it wasn't for this section. The only other threads I post in are ones I see in the side bar.

Original post by Malevolent

I always used to go on random threads and neg random people. Oh the memories...
Genuinely do not want diaby at the club any more..

maybe with him finally gone wenger will buy someone else who can play in the middle
Did not realies how many older posters were here :smile: good to see that its not just all of these new lads chatting away all the time :wink:
Reply 96

So cheers guys!

[video="youtube;2F2i6EQsPZY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2F2i6EQsPZY[/video]
I signed up before I started uni and graduated 2 years ago.

Original post by sr90
You think he'll last 60 minutes without getting injured? :O

Hope more than expectation, the guys had soooo much bad luck hope it finally changes for him
Been on this since 2011/12 season. That was around my first year of College.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest