The Student Room Group

Can you ask a girl out 8 years later?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by NaomiJenkins
You will have to get to know her all over again, just invite her out for a coffee with you or something for you two to get to know each other- then see where it goes from there :smile:

Great, I mean I am just trying to reconnect! If anything, she was so awesome and I want to be friends forever! Wish I had got her number all those years ago.

How do I get in touch though... Twitter? I don't use FB.
Original post by pshah2
If you met and fell for a girl 8 years ago at an exchange event, got on really well with her, but lost her number... and then by chance find out she works in the same city as you now, would it all right to go and find her and ask her out?

People kinda do that all the time, because social media. I've reconnected with a lot of long lost friends and have had guys who are "all grown up now" find me and tell me "I've changed for the better" or "I've always liked you." :s-smilie: Bit creepy but...I guess kinda romantic if executed well. :smile:
Original post by pshah2
Great, I mean I am just trying to reconnect! If anything, she was so awesome and I want to be friends forever! Wish I had got her number all those years ago.

How do I get in touch though... Twitter? I don't use FB.

Well get a Facebook just for her and hide everything so she doesn't know you've only just created it. Really because she might think it's a flop if some obviously new FB account contacted her telling her it loves her lol Even though it could be sweet like "Oh my God, you created a FB just for me? :flutter:"
Reply 143
Original post by RiOt GrrrL
Well get a Facebook just for her and hide everything so she doesn't know you've only just created it. Really because she might think it's a flop if some obviously new FB account contacted her telling her it loves her lol Even though it could be sweet like "Oh my God, you created a FB just for me? :flutter:"

Haha thanks.

I know, I mean I would like to reconnect with her and be friends if nothing else. She was such an awesome person. I'm not sure about FB though. I mean, I don't really want to use that. Wouldn't mind Twitter, maybe..

If you set up FB, can't someone see how long a profile has been activated for? I mean I would have no friends or pictures or anything on FB.. Would much rather do this in person or over the phone.. never really got on to the FB culture. More of a face to face guy.

But I can't get her phone number, till I meet her... sigh never ending circle. How to win?

Advice please! I really like this girl!!
Original post by pshah2
Haha thanks.

I know, I mean I would like to reconnect with her and be friends if nothing else. She was such an awesome person. I'm not sure about FB though. I mean, I don't really want to use that. Wouldn't mind Twitter, maybe..

If you set up FB, can't someone see how long a profile has been activated for? I mean I would have no friends or pictures or anything on FB.. Would much rather do this in person or over the phone.. never really got on to the FB culture. More of a face to face guy.

But I can't get her phone number, till I meet her... sigh never ending circle. How to win?

Well do you know her to reach her face to face. Perhaps you could stalk her on FB :ninja: like...create a dupe account just to be able to see more stuff, but most people hide everything unless you friend them :rolleyes: so like...see what she's up to, what she's doing like, where she's going... :colone: And then...pop up there and be like "Oh...what a coinkadoink! So...where did we leave off 8 years ago, ​babes? :wink:" :biggrin:
Reply 145
Well do you know her to reach her face to face. Perhaps you could stalk her on FB :ninja: like...create a dupe account just to be able to see more stuff, but most people hide everything unless you friend them :rolleyes: so like...see what she's up to, what she's doing like, where she's going... :colone: And then...pop up there and be like "Oh...what a coinkadoink! So...where did we leave off 8 years ago, ​babes? :wink:" :biggrin:

Haha you are truly wise milady!

Thank you. Yeah I think that would be the best option then. Gonna be a long waiting game, but would rather do that than friend her with no background on FB.

Hope to meet her soon then.

Is there anyway to meet her on Twitter? I mean I was thinking of getting that anyway. But then are messages public... would a girl reply to a guy who messaged her?

I can't stop laughing at your suggested dialogue!!! It's exactly what I was thinking... God they should make my life into a sitcom!!

Movie coming soon... :smile:)

Help me RiOt GrrrL, you're my only hope!! Advice?

Original post by pshah2
Haha thanks.

Friend her mate on Twitter. Also add her friend on FB then add her.

If you don't want FB, then just watch out for her attending a party/club, and wait there every Friday to meet her!! Find her, we are all with you TSR bro!!!
Reply 147

This is so romantic!

Go for it, find her!

I reckon Tweet or FB her. Get her number, then close down those accounts.

Run into her by accident when you know where she hangs out. Find out with a friend on FB. Get someone on TSR with FB to friend her and watch out for this.
You have to tell us how it goes if you do ask her out.
Reply 149
Original post by Da Di Doo
You have to tell us how it goes if you do ask her out.

Of course I will!! But how do I find her?

Help!! Advice?
Original post by pshah2
Of course I will!! But how do I find her?

Help!! Advice?

Give me her Facebook and I will stalk her for you.
Reply 151
Original post by Da Di Doo
Give me her Facebook and I will stalk her for you.

Haha, I've run out of reps today, but Rep..spect!
Original post by pshah2
Haha you are truly wise milady!

Thank you. Yeah I think that would be the best option then. Gonna be a long waiting game, but would rather do that than friend her with no background on FB.

Hope to meet her soon then.

Is there anyway to meet her on Twitter? I mean I was thinking of getting that anyway. But then are messages public... would a girl reply to a guy who messaged her?

I can't stop laughing at your suggested dialogue!!! It's exactly what I was thinking... God they should make my life into a sitcom!!

Movie coming soon... :smile:)

Help me RiOt GrrrL, you're my only hope!! Advice?

Oh Idk about Twitter but I think the point is public feed of everything you post but surely there are privacy settings, I just don't know anyone who I know with Tw who privates their profile :s-smilie: And Tweets though are no pressure, whereas FB kind of whn talking to someone incenses a real conversation because it's e-maily. But Tw is just like texting, so she should but the best thing I'd say is, see where she will be and pop up, but not letting her know you knew. It's either that or create a FB/Tw just for her which is like unnecessary. Don't be ashamed of following her around on FB because like...people know that's gonna happen anyway; just make sure as soon as you see she's gonna be somewhere, pop up like natural and move in. Be like "remember me!? :biggrin:" lol
Reply 153
Oh Idk about Twitter but I think the point is public feed of everything you post but surely there are privacy settings, I just don't know anyone who I know with Tw who privates their profile :s-smilie: And Tweets though are no pressure, whereas FB kind of whn talking to someone incenses a real conversation because it's e-maily. But Tw is just like texting, so she should but the best thing I'd say is, see where she will be and pop up, but not letting her know you knew. It's either that or create a FB/Tw just for her which is like unnecessary. Don't be ashamed of following her around on FB because like...people know that's gonna happen anyway; just make sure as soon as you see she's gonna be somewhere, pop up like natural and move in. Be like "remember me!? :biggrin:" lol

Thank you so much, this is really helpful. I completely agree with you. I'm more of a face to face person in any case. Yeah I've heard of several friends (guys and girls) who 'follow' others on FB. That sounds great "Remember me?" haha I like that. Thing is I can see a few things on her profile, but not everything... help me RiOt GrrrL!!
Original post by pshah2
Thank you so much, this is really helpful. I completely agree with you. I'm more of a face to face person in any case. Yeah I've heard of several friends (guys and girls) who 'follow' others on FB. That sounds great "Remember me?" haha I like that. Thing is I can see a few things on her profile, but not everything... help me RiOt GrrrL!!

You can't see everything because you're not her friend :indiff: Normally you'd only be able to see their newest updates like their profile photo, as a teaser, then it'll say "to see more, friend them." :s-smilie: So...you either friend her and let her know (which might ruin it) or...try and work with what you got. :dontknow: Do me a fave and screenshot what you see, I will tell you what to do.
Reply 155
You can't see everything because you're not her friend :indiff: Normally you'd only be able to see their newest updates like their profile photo, as a teaser, then it'll say "to see more, friend them." :s-smilie: So...you either friend her and let her know (which might ruin it) or...try and work with what you got. :dontknow: Do me a fave and screenshot what you see, I will tell you what to do.

Okay will have to try and work with what I've got! You've been really helpful, thanks!! I am your FB apprentice haha, will PM ya.

I'm feeling that this should be made into a sitcom with a happy ending :cool:
Reply 156
Get one of the TSR gals to find out where she's at. Then bump into her and happy ending forever!!
Original post by pshah2
Okay will have to try and work with what I've got! You've been really helpful, thanks!! I am your FB apprentice haha, will PM ya.

I'm feeling that this should be made into a sitcom with a happy ending :cool:

Ok got her name, now it says Club la Santa, weekly events. She recently updated with something so she was probably just there. :s-smilie: But the place where she's from (won't say it) but the place where she's from, are you from there? Do you know the place I'm talking about...?

Also, like before you dive in on her FB, dress up yours at least with a selfie and fill out the stuff like...at least :s-smilie: Don't just be with the default FB avie lol and like nothing filled out. Attempt to make it look legit even if its just for her. Like if someone came to me claiming they knew me or saying "what's up?" and had a blank random looking FB I'd ignore them. So fill it out, put up your photo, make your profile private so she can't see the whole thing either and you can hide who can see your posts and your friends too. At least fill out the Likes and Interests, where you studied, where you just were, where you live... :smile: In your About Me, say your age and sex and location then be like "chasing the girl of my dreams. Nuff sed." :tongue:
Original post by spatel3
Get one of the TSR gals to find out where she's at. Then bump into her and happy ending forever!!

Steadily workin on that lol
Reply 159
Ok got her name, now it says Club la Santa, weekly events. She recently updated with something so she was probably just there. :s-smilie: But the place where she's from (won't say it) but the place where she's from, are you from there? Do you know the place I'm talking about...?

Also, like before you dive in on her FB, dress up yours at least with a selfie and fill out the stuff like...at least :s-smilie: Don't just be with the default FB avie lol and like nothing filled out. Attempt to make it look legit even if its just for her. Like if someone came to me claiming they knew me or saying "what's up?" and had a blank random looking FB I'd ignore them. So fill it out, put up your photo, make your profile private so she can't see the whole thing either and you can hide who can see your posts and your friends too. At least fill out the Likes and Interests, where you studied, where you just were, where you live... :smile: In your About Me, say your age and sex and location then be like "chasing the girl of my dreams. Nuff sed." :tongue:

Haha thank you!!

The place where she's living now, I'm at. I think she might be on holiday at that club though! Have to wait till she gets back. She was at a festival in the UK recently.. didn't see till afterward though haha

Only thing is I need a time machine to travel back to the event as some pictures are posted the day afterward! But I agree, she looks like she posts where she's hanging out in advance, so will try. Can you help me please? You're an expert at this wingwoman!

In terms of setting up a FB, I agree with you. I'm not sure I want to tbh, since I have zero background on there.. but if I have to concede and do that, I will for sure follow your advice, and put a nice picture in there.

Loving the "Chasing the girl of my dreams!" You are better than Barney Stinson or Ted Mosby!!

Quick Reply

Latest