The Student Room Group

Is it only me that wants to make a lot of money above all else?

I just really want to make a lot of money. I don't really want to go to uni (which is what i am doing in about 2 weeks). My real dream is to have my own business and make copious amounts of money. Does any one else share this feeling?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sytner9
I just really want to make a lot of money. I don't really want to go to uni (which is what i am doing in about 2 weeks). My real dream is to have my own business and make copious amounts of money. Does any one else share this feeling?

some people do. If you do get to start/run your own business would you like to make a partnership with someone?
Reply 2
A lot of people do actually, the main reason why people are studying things like Dentistry.
Reply 3
Original post by German123
some people do. If you do get to start/run your own business would you like to make a partnership with someone?

Yes, I would certainly be up for that. As long as it is profitable.
I 100% do.
I just want to skip all the education bull**** and start earring money... Too much to ask for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. That's why I want to do medicine.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Copious? Won't "enough" money do.
Wanting nothing but money is a bit sad tbh. But to each their own :smile:
I doubt you are, but most people that have become wealthy through their own endeavours have done so because they're passionate about what they're doing. J. K. Rowling wanted to be a writer, Bill Gates was fascinated by computers. Just a desire to make money is pretty meaningless and won't get you that far.
Reply 10
Original post by RiOt GrrrL

Well enough would "do the trick" but my dream is for copious amounts. I want to be able to just go anywhere I want and do whatever I want whenever I want to. I'd be willing to work hard for it - I am aware it doesn't just come in the post but as I say, that's the dream.
Original post by sytner9
Well enough would "do the trick" but my dream is for copious amounts. I want to be able to just go anywhere I want and do whatever I want whenever I want to. I'd be willing to work hard for it - I am aware it doesn't just come in the post but as I say, that's the dream.

Well put a YouTube vid up of you doing a freestyle in your bathroom, maybe you'll get picked up by a major label...or some ****. :rolleyes:
I'm sure everyone (to some extent) wants to make money even though there are so few ways to go about doing it. Like OP, I too want to make more money than I would know what to do with, so that I have a secure future to provide for myself and my family (when I eventually start one). But sadly I'm learning that the only way to make a boatload of money is to start at the bottom somewhere (sometimes even in careers where the potential for making money isn't even that high) and you have to be EXTREMELY dedicated to your profession - sacrificing personal life, happiness and sometimes even your health.

I used to think that money didn't matter to me (which was part of the reason I went into Medicine as I put the health of others above my own desire to make money) but that's changed now. Business, marketing, finance, management and showbiz are the best ways to make an insane amount of money, provided you are competitive and you strive to ensure you are the best. Recently I've been thinking of going into one of those fields, or a combination of those, because money matters more to me now than sacrificing my own health and sanity which might happen if I stay in Medicine long-term. :s-smilie:
Original post by sytner9

Why do you want money? Money doesn't make you happy. It doesn't get you girls. Material possessions don't make you happy.

Eliot Rodger had lots of money, do you want to be Eliot Rodger?
I feel very similar to you however I equally want to enjoy what I do so if i could do this via maths that would be great
Original post by RiOt GrrrL

I'd rather be a billionaire over a millionaire any day.
Original post by AstroNandos

Why? Why do you feel like you need so much money? Are you trying to buy happiness? Do you feel insecure without a lot of money and materials? I don't understand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AstroNandos

Oh ffs who was simple and agreed with this :facepalm2:
Reply 18
Original post by cole-slaw
Why do you want money? Money doesn't make you happy. It doesn't get you girls. Material possessions don't make you happy.

If I had coin I would be happy, believe me.
Original post by cole-slaw

And this depends on the person. To me, money does buy happiness :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending